|“Well, I don't like rules . . . the minute the coast is clear, I'm bustin' out of here.”|
|— Jacob to Cole and Karlof, "Ninja Roll"|
Jacob Pevsner is the current Elemental Master of Sound and a competitor in Master Chen's Tournament of Elements, alongside the other Elemental Masters of his generation. Jacob competed against Skylor, but lost when she used her element. Afterwards, he was stripped of his powers and forced to work in Chen's Noodle Factory. As the other Elemental Masters reclaimed their elements, Jacob was separated, but would ultimately unlock his Elemental Dragon and escape Chen's Island.
Jacob and the Elemental Masters united against Chen, who completed a spell that transformed him and his followers into fake Anacondrai. For some reasons, Jacob didn't fight in Corridor of Elders with other Elemental Masters.
Months after the war's end, Nadakhan began trapping the Elemental Masters in the Sword of Souls to eliminate any opposition. At one point, Jacob was imprisoned in the weapon offscreen, but after Jay made his final wish, recent events were erased and he was freed.
Jacob boarded Chen's Ferry with the other Elemental Masters to come to the Tournament of Elements. He was seen practicing his sitar.
Jacob made small cameos as he and others watched the first few Tournament fights.
Jacob was fighting Skylor in the tournament, but he lost and when he was in the factory with Cole and Karlof, he was talking to them and he tried to escape from the factory, but he got caught by Clouse and he brings Jacob to feed his pet giant Anacondrai snake (implied to be fed to).
While not appearing physically, he does a voiceover during the credits. It is stated that he was feeding Clouse's pet (not being fed to her) and that the Snake would not eat (not knowing it is dead) and wondering where everyone was.
Gravis implied that Jacob unlocked his dragon and was able to escape from the island.
Jacob eventually made it back to Ninjago and was present with the other Elemental Masters when they discussed their next move in the Samurai X Cave. For some reason, Jacob didn't fight the Anacondrai Cultists in Corridor of Elders with other Elemental Masters, probably because he lost his sitar. Without it, he became mostly useless in the fight.
Later, Ronin found or stole his sitar and placed it in his pawn shop for sale.
At some point, Nadakhan visited Jacob, trying to remove all oppositions. After Jacob made three wishes, he was trapped in the Djinn Blade. Fortunately, as a result of Jay's final wish, Jacob's meeting with Nadakhan did not happened, thus freeing him from the blade with no memory of what happened.
It's unknown where Jacob and several other Elemental Masters were during Garmadon's rule and the city's takeover. He was probably captured during Ultra Hunt, or hid somewhere inside or outside the city, due to his absence in Lloyd's resistance team.
His clothing is very 60's or 70’s, with a large black afro hairstyle and glasses with stars in the middle. His legs and jacket are colored cyan while his shirt is orange with a gold collar. On his back is a golden barbell insignia.
- 35. "The Invitation"
- 36. "Only One Can Remain"
- 37. "Versus"
- 38. "Ninja Roll"
- 41. "The Forgotten Element"
- 42. "The Day of the Dragon" (credits: voice)
- 44. "The Corridor of Elders"
- He is blind and he uses his Sound to see the body heat from people and feel their movements.
- He, Jay, Lloyd, Griffin, and Skylor are the only Elemental Masters to have official last names.
- In "The Day of the Dragon," during the credits, he says that he had to feed Clouse's snake after he was hauled off by Zugu for trying to escape. However, he mysteriously appears with the other Elemental Masters two episodes later.
- This means he must have either unlocked his Elemental Dragon on his own, or figured out another way to return to Ninjago.
- He is the only Elemental Master who has short legs.
- He is one of three Elemental Masters that wear shades.
- His appearance is hypothesized by Tommy Andreasen to be modeled after real-life celebrity, Bootsy Collins.
- Jacob is an unlockable character in LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin.
- Jacob is the only Elemental Master who does not appear in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame.
- It's probably because he has short legs, as this video game doesn't feature short-legged playable characters.
- He is one of the four Elemental Masters left without a minifigure, the others being Bolobo, Gravis, and Chamille.
- Jacob is voiced by Paul Dobson, who voiced two other Elemental Masters in the series, these being Wu and Neuro.
- Jacob is one of eight Elemental Masters to have facial hair.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/789027807217094657"
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/825048963116064768