|“Well, I for one don't like following rules. The minute you tell me the coast is clear, I'm busting out of here.”|
|— Jacob to Cole and Karlof in "Ninja Roll"|
Jacob Pevsner is the current Elemental Master of Sound and a competitor in Master Chen's Tournament of Elements, alongside the other Elemental Masters of his generation. Jacob competed against Skylor but lost when she used her element. Afterward, he was stripped of his powers and forced to work in Chen's noodle factory. As the other Elemental Masters reclaimed their elements, Jacob was separated, but he would ultimately still escape Chen's Island.
Jacob and the Elemental Masters united against Chen, who completed a spell that transformed him and his followers into fake Anacondrai. For an unknown reason, Jacob didn't fight in the Corridor of Elders with the other Elemental Masters.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearance
- 3 LEGO.com description
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Behind the scenes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Jacob and others watched the first few tournament fights.
Jacob was fighting Skylor in the tournament, but he lost. When he was in the factory with Cole and Karlof, he talked to them and tried to escape from the factory, but he got caught by Clouse, who brought Jacob to feed his pet giant Anacondrai snake (implied to be fed to).
Still on the island after the other Elemental Masters unlocked their Elemental Dragons, Jacob stated that he was feeding Clouse's pet (not being fed to her) and that the snake would not eat (not knowing she was dead) and wondered where everyone was.
Jacob managed to make it back to Ninjago, and he was present with the other Elemental Masters when they discussed their next move in the Samurai X Cave. For some reason, Jacob didn't fight the Anacondrai warriors in Corridor of Elders with other Elemental Masters, probably because he lost his sitar. Without it, he became mostly useless in the fight.
After Tournament of Elements
Jacob has a black mustache and goatee with a large black afro hairstyle and teal-colored glasses with silver stars in the middle. His clothing is very 60's or 70's. He wears a teal jacket with gold accents while his shirt is orange with a gold collar. He also wears teal pants and on the back of his jacket is a golden barbell insignia.
His Legacy minifigure has no goatee and has star-shaped glasses, not round glasses with stars inside. He also has a hole between his front teeth. He also has shoulder pads and a white scarf under his neck.
At first, this blind fighter does not appear to be a threat, but his loss of eyesight only enhances his other senses. What he lacks in vision, he more than makes up with in auditory perception. Coupled with the sonic strum from his sitar, the Master of Sound is a force to be reckoned with.
- 35. "The Invitation" (no lines)
- 36. "Only One Can Remain" (no lines)
- 37. "Versus" (no lines)
- 38. "Ninja Roll"
- 41. "The Forgotten Element" (no lines)
- 42. "The Day of the Dragon" (voice)
- 44. "The Corridor of Elders" (no lines)
- 1. "Legacy" (no lines)
- 6. "The Elemental Masters" (no lines)
- 7. "Beasts and Dragons" (no lines)
- 10. "Greatest Battles" (no lines)
Behind the scenes
- His appearance is hypothesized by Tommy Andreasen to be modeled after real-life celebrity, Bootsy Collins.
- Jacob is voiced by Paul Dobson, who voiced two other Elemental Masters in the series, these being Wu and Neuro.
- He uses the hairpiece of the Circus Clown.
- Like Captain Soto, Jacob's torso design in the show is partially based on that of the Governor Tierney from LEGO's Pirates theme.
- His last name was revealed on LEGO.com.
- He is blind and he uses his Sound to see the body heat from people and feel their movements. According to LEGO.com, his blindness enhances his other senses.
- He, Jay, Lloyd, Griffin, and Skylor are the only Elemental Masters to have official last names.
- In "The Day of the Dragon," during the credits, he says that he had to feed Clouse's snake after he was hauled off by Zugu for trying to escape. However, he mysteriously appears with the other Elemental Masters two episodes later.
- He is the only known Elemental Master who has short legs, making him the shortest Elemental Master.
- He is one of three Elemental Masters who wears shades, the other two being Griffin Turner and Mr. Pale.
- Jacob erroneously appears in "The Forgotten Element" when the Roto Jet is launched and the Elemental Masters cheer in the factory.
- Jacob is an unlockable character in LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin.
- Jacob is the only Elemental Master who does not appear in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame.
- This is probably because he has short legs, as this video game doesn't feature short-legged playable characters.
- He, Bolobo, Gravis, Chamille, and Ash, are the only Elemental Masters who did not return in Season 9. It's unknown where they were during Garmadon's rule and the city's takeover but Jacob was probably captured during Ultra Hunt, or he hid somewhere inside or outside the city, due to his absence in Lloyd's resistance team. When asked where Ash was, Tommy Andreasen said he was with Bolobo, Pevsner, and Chamille, though this still leaves Jacob's situation ambiguous because while Bolobo was said to be captured, Chamille had become a "bad girl" according to Karlof.
- Jacob is one of nine Elemental Masters that have facial hair.
- His minifigure has gold epaulettes, something he lacks in the show. He also has a chipped tooth and no goatee.
- He is the first adult human character to have short legs, followed by Mr. Righty Tighty, Nails, and Michael Kramer.
In other media
- "Stiix and Stones"
- "How to Build a Dragon"