- This is about the blades in the TV series. For the blades seen in the sets, see Jadeblade Weapons.
Jadeblades are weapons carved from the bones of the departed Serpentine warriors and reserved for the greatest Anacondrai leaders. They were used in the Tournament of Elements by Master Chen. The Elemental Masters fought each other to obtain Jadeblades, as possessing one allow the competitor to move on in the tournament, while competitors who failed to secure one (either to be found or battled for it) were disqualified from the competition.
Prior to Tournament of Elements
During the Serpentine War, the Jadeblades were carved from the bones of the departed Serpentine warriors and reserved for the greatest Anacondrai leaders. Forty years later, Chen helped himself to their bones while tomb raiding and carved his own to use in the Tournament of Elements.
In all three battles between Griffin and Gravis, Bolobo and Neuro, and Ash and Kai, the six compete against each other for a Jadeblade with Kai, Griffin, and Neuro winning their matches. Later, Jay and Cole are set up to fight each for a Jadeblade. Cole grabs it but he then passes it to Jay for him to win.
A tournament between Skylor and Jacob was held with Skylor winning. Later, a race between Lloyd and Chamille was held. The rules were to make laps with a Jadeblade in their hand. Even though the tournament was rough with everyone being against the ninja, Lloyd ended up winning.
Jadeblades were in Ronin's pawn shop.
A painting of a couple of Jadeblades were placed in the Ninjago Museum of History.
The Jade Blades were carved from the bones of the departed Serpentine warriors and reserved for the greatest Anacondrai leaders. Chen helped himself to their bones while tomb raiding and carved his own to use in the Tournament of Elements. This was another reason that the returning Anacondrai took an instant dislike to Chen and his worshipers. Now Skylor keeps the Jade Blades locked up, safe and sound, just in case.
- 70752 Jungle Trap (2x)
- 70753 Lava Falls
- 70754 Jay's ElectroMech
- 70755 Jungle Raider
- 70756 Dojo Showdown
- 70595 Ultra Stealth Raider (Departed Blade)
- 71735 Tournament of Elements (Legacy)
- 71741 Ninjago City Gardens (Legacy)
- 47. "Stiix and Stones"
- "Day of the Departed" (replica)
- LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
- In the Portuguese-translated shows, its name translates as "Jade Daggers."
- Unlike many of the other standard Ninjago weapons featured as collectibles throughout each wave of sets, including the Golden Weapons, Elemental Blades, Techno Blades, and Aeroblades, the Jadeblades were never crucial to the salvation of Ninjago: the Golden Weapons were used to kill the Great Devourer, the Techno Blades were used to defeat the Digital Overlord, and the Aeroblades were used to temporarily destroy the ghosts. The purpose of the Jadeblades was as a means of moving on in the Tournament of Elements, which could result in one of the ninja being disqualified, endangering their various missions at the time.
- Kai, Jay, Lloyd, and Cole all have different types of Jadeblade-equipped weapons in their sets.
- Kai's Jadeblade weapon is a twin-bladed sword.
- Jay's Jadeblade weapon is a spear with a blade at the end.
- Lloyd's Jadeblade weapon is a flail.
- Cole's Jadeblade weapon is a scythe.
- In 70756 Dojo Showdown, Kai's Jadeblade was also a scythe on the box art. This makes him the only ninja to wield more than one variant of Jadeblade weapon.
- The only time Jadeblades were seen used for fighting was in "Ninja Roll," when Lloyd and Chamille were briefly seen hitting them together like swords.
- The foam weapon included in 853447 Ninja Sword & Sheath appears to be a cross between a Jadeblade and the Sword of Fire.
- It is shown in "Stiix and Stones" that Ronin somehow managed to acquire a Jadeblade, which he offers to sell to the ninja in his pawn shop.
- According to the Virtual Tour, Skylor locked away all of the Jadeblades.
- In The LEGO Batman Movie, when gearing up with Robin, Batman is shown to wield two Jadeblades. They are later seen when Batman is told to remove all of his weapons.
- The package of weapons from 2018 is used in 71735 Tournament of Elements in green to depict the Jadeblades.
- The set 70593 The Green NRG Dragon uses Jadeblades for the dragon's head.