The informative featured video at the top of the article is provided by the host's Featured Video team and not the editors of this wiki. It may not accurately represent the article and contradict info on the wiki itself, so it should not be taken at face value. Info may become outdated over time.
|Jay Walker||Jay Walker (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
Jay Walker (born Jay Gordon) is the current Elemental Master and Ninja of Lightning, Nya's boyfriend and yin, and the adoptive son of Ed and Edna Walker, surrendered by his biological parents, Cliff Gordon and his wife. He learned skills including Spinjitzu and discovered his other teammates, with whom he embarked on many adventures; battling the likes of the Serpentine and the Stone Army. During this time Jay formed a romantic relationship with Kai's sister, Nya.
After Lloyd defeated the Overlord, peace resumed until The Overlord returned and created an army of Nindroids that were made from Zane's blueprints. A love triangle formed between Jay, Nya, and Cole, which remained after Zane seemingly died. The ninja parted ways after Zane's death, but upon learning of his survival, they journeyed to Chen's Island and entered the Tournament of Elements. Cole made amends with Jay over his relationship with Nya, and the ninja and Elemental Masters fought the Anacondrai warriors. Soon after, Jay would help the ninja battle Morro and a legion of cursed spirits while learning another martial art called Airjitzu, and they were then faced with Nadakhan, who trapped many of the ninja in his sword. Jay and Nya battled the Sky Pirates, but when Nya was poisoned by the Tiger Widow venom and killed, Jay used his last wish to undo the recent events.
On the Day of the Departed, Jay and his parents were attacked by a revived Samukai, who Jay defeated with help from Ronin. Jay joined his allies in battling the Time Twins and the Vermillion, as well as seeking the powerful Time Blades. Though their enemies were defeated, Wu was lost in the Temporal vortex.
During their first week being stranded in the realm, Jay temporarily loses his sanity and ends up being captured by the Dragon Hunters along with Kai and Zane. After hearing Lloyd's voice on a radio, Jay regains his state of mind and devises a plan to free Zane, Kai, and himself from the Dragon Hunters, and designs a Firstbourne Mech to provide a distraction. They manage to escape with Cole and a growing Wu's assistance before meeting a Hunter named Faith who tells them about the Dragon Armor and they immediately head for it. Wu manages to find the armor and becomes the Golden Dragon Master, and with the Firstbourne and some dragons, they return home to Ninjago to help the Resistance defeat Colossus, while at the same time, Jay reunites with Nya.
Shortly afterward, Jay decides it's time to ask Nya to be his Yang. He sought out advice from Kai but his plans get put on hold when the Oni invade Ninjago. During the final battle at the Monastery, he finally mustered up the courage to ask Nya, which she happily agrees to. After using the Tornado of Creation on the Oni, Jay joins his fellow ninja in the creation of the new mural.
Months later, Jay and his friends fight against Aspheera and her Pyro Vipers after accidentally releasing them from their tomb. After Zane is banished by Aspheera's sorcery, he and the remaining ninja send themselves to the Never-Realm in order to rescue him. While Lloyd went to find Zane, Jay and the others protected the Ice Fishers of Great Lake. The ninja fight Boreal the Ice Dragon, and discover that Zane is the Ice Emperor. With Zane having managed to return to his senses in a fight with Lloyd and freeing the Never-Realm from its eternal winter, the team reunites and use the berry Krag gave Cole to head back to their home realm.
Sometime later, Jay is the first of the ninja to enter the virtual world of Prime Empire, resulting in the legendary arcade game resurfacing and hundreds of gamers getting trapped in it. Jay becomes known as Superstar Rockin' Jay to the League of Jay. The ninja enter in search of the Key-Tanas and Unagami, thinking that finding him would solve the situation. But by the time the ninja get the last Key-Tana, Jay and Nya are the only surviving ninja left in the game. The duo progresses but Nya gets cubed in the process, which makes Jay distraught and the only ninja left, so he moves on to follow Unagami through the completed Manifestation Gate into Ninjago. He and Milton Dyer successfully console Unagami into releasing the formerly trapped gamers, as well as everyone who was formerly cubed, including the ninja (Kai, Cole, Lloyd, and Nya).
Later, Jay and the rest of his friends were invited to Shintaro in honor of Princess Vania's birthday. Shortly after arriving, the Ninja were forced to split up inside the mountain the kingdom lied on when they were under the attack of the Skull Sorcerer. During his time with the Munce who lived in the Dungeons of Shintaro, Jay was caught in a love triangle between Nya and Murtessa, the Queen of the Munce. He and his friends convinced the Munce to work with the Geckles and vice versa to defeat the Skull Sorcerer. They were successful and they departed on search for another adventure.
The Ninja then traveled to an Island in search of Wu and Misako. It was there that they were captured by the Keepers and Jay was hailed as the "Gift of Jay". Initially thinking they wanted him to be their king, Jay was delighted until realizing they wanted to sacrifice him to the ancient water serpent, Wojira. Fortunately, it was just a fake built by Ronin to steal the islanders' fortune and Jay and the other Ninja found Wu and Misako and made amends with the Keepers.
After Nya's powers go haywire during an attempt to stop a bunch of criminals, Jay and a few of the others traveled under the Endless Sea to investigate what could be the source of the problem. During the adventure, Jay would continuously comfort Nya over her problems. When they realized that the problem behind Nya's powers was Kalmaar trying to awaken Wojira with fake Storm Amulets, the Ninja did everything in their power to stop him from getting the real one. Despite their efforts, Kalmaar managed to awaken Wojira and Jay was left in critical condition due to inhaling a large amount of water, causing him to suffer from dry-drowning. Nya then decides to merge with the sea to draw the water out of Jay and defeats Kalmaar and Wojira. She then says goodbye to her friends as she dives into the ocean. Jay was the most saddened by her fate and fell into depression.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Age
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Personality
- 6 Weapons and abilities
- 7 Vehicles
- 8 LEGO.com descriptions
- 8.1 Rebooted
- 8.2 LEGO Dimensions
- 8.3 Skybound
- 8.4 Pilot (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.5 Season 1 (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.6 Season 2 (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.7 Season 3 (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.8 Season 4 (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.9 Season 5 (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.10 Season 6 (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.11 Season 7 (2017 Museum gallery)
- 8.12 Sons of Garmadon
- 8.13 2019 (The Legacy of Jay)
- 8.14 2019
- 8.15 2020
- 8.16 Someone forgets the password
- 8.17 Season 13
- 8.18 Jay: Being Honest With Oneself
- 8.19 2021
- 9 Appearances
- 9.1 Sets
- 9.2 Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 9.2.1 Pilot episodes
- 9.2.2 Mini-movies
- 9.2.3 Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
- 9.2.4 Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja
- 9.2.5 Season 3: Rebooted
- 9.2.6 Season 4: Tournament of Elements
- 9.2.7 Season 5: Possession
- 9.2.8 Season 6: Skybound
- 9.2.9 Day of the Departed
- 9.2.10 Wu's Teas
- 9.2.11 Season 7: The Hands of Time
- 9.2.12 Happy Birthday to You!
- 9.2.13 Season 8: Sons of Garmadon
- 9.2.14 Season 9: Hunted
- 9.2.15 Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu
- 9.2.16 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 9.2.17 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 9.2.18 Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 9.2.19 Season 12: Prime Empire
- 9.2.20 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 9.2.21 The Island
- 9.2.22 Season 14: Seabound
- 9.2.23 Ninjago: Reimagined
- 9.3 Books
- 9.4 Plays
- 9.5 Video games
- 10 Etymology
- 11 Behind the scenes
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Videos
- 14 Gallery
- 15 References
- Main article: Jay/History
In Season 8 onward, Jay has curly hair resembling his LEGO Ninjago Movie appearance, generally wearing blue clothing to represent his elemental color. He has brown eyebrows and light freckles. In Seasons 8-10, Jay has dark-brown hair, but from Season 11 onward, he has reddish-brown hair akin to earlier seasons.
Prior to Season 8, Jay had short, straight, reddish-brown hair, with a notch on his right eyebrow. In addition, he was not shown to have freckles. According to Tommy Andreasen, it's possible that Jay's eyebrow notch grew over between seasons 7 and 8 because Jay had "been out on that windy cold mountain searching for Wu for too long."
From "My Dinner With Nadakhan" to "Wishmasters," Jay wore a dark blue eye patch over his left eye. Briefly in "The Way Back," during a battle with the Sky Pirates to a few seconds after he made his final wish, he wears a similar second eyepatch over the same eye that was black instead of dark blue.
In "Endings," Jay wears half of the Yin-Yang medallion on his chest that he offered to Nya when he asked her to be his Yang.
In an anime-styled scene of "The Absolute Worst," Jay is shown to have blue eyes.
In Prime Empire, his avatar, Superstar Rockin' Jay, makes Jay look quite different from his regular appearance. His skin is a light blue color while having darker spots of blue all over his body, mostly in a triangle pattern on his face and torso. He also has a dark blue lightning bolt by his eyes, which are now yellow. He now has white hair while wearing a yellow headband and his attire consists of a blue Elvis-like uniform with yellow spots of different shapes as well as a star on the left side of the chest.
For more images on Jay's appearance in his different ninja suits, click here.
Like the majority of his fellow ninja, Jay is currently in his late teens. However, the ninja do not officially have specific ages, as they are meant to be perpetually in their teenage years for the duration of the show. Recently, in "The Gilded Path," Jay states that he and the other three original ninja are "grown-up teenagers."
- Main article: Jay's relationships
Jay is the most light-hearted of the ninja. He is always telling jokes, most of which are only funny to himself. He usually does this to cover up fear and anxiety, as revealed in Season 6. He is also sensitive in both positive and negative ways and thinking. He enjoys boasting about his abilities, such as inventing and poetry, much to the annoyance of the others, but he proves to be a good friend and a skilled fighter. He is also somewhat high-strung, typically being the first to panic in dire situations.
Jay has a crush on Nya, and often stumbles on his words around her, although they both eventually reveal their feelings for each other at the end of Season 6. There was a period of time where it seemed Jay didn't understand what Nya wanted, and was worried about their relationship. He tried to treat her like a lady and protect her, refusing to let her row the boat, though Nya found a way to help anyways. He was also incredibly nervous to ask Nya to be his Yang, even though they were already steadily dating by then.
He is fond of those he is loyal to, but will go against them if they wrong him, as shown with the love triangle in Season 3 when he fought over Nya's love. He started yelling at Cole when he found out Cole was Nya's perfect match which surprised Cole since he knew nothing about it. The fight showed immaturity in both of them and a lack of desire in talking it out. When they were settling their differences, Jay at first assumed Cole was trying to deceive him. However, since then, it has been revealed that Jay and Cole are best friends. They have a lot of banter in the show, even pulling a prank on Cole in the Temple of Airjitzu.
Jay also hosted a television show between Seasons 3 and 4, where it showed his charismatic nature. It was revealed that he also wore makeup (when he hosted the show) in which Jay comments that "concealer is a time-honored tool of the ninja." This could mean he wears makeup regularly. (prior to Season 8 design change) In Season 8 it seems Jay was embarrassed by this period of his life, asking Cole to not remind Master Wu about when he hosted a show.
Jay has always be a likable and charismatic character, despite being annoying sometimes. Besides his show, he had his own "League of Jay" where fans inspired by him had avatars that looked like him. As Superstar Rockin' Jay, it was another show of his charismatic but egotistical nature. And without meaning to, he caught the eye of the Munce Queen after bragging about his skills in Season 13.
Jay can get a laugh out of making fun of his friends. In Season 4 when the ninja thought Skylor was related to Kai, Jay laughed about it as he told Sensei Garmadon. In Season 8 he told the group that he was recording and will make many copies of Cole's horrible singing. He also has a lot of faith in his friends, assuring everyone that Lloyd would come to their rescue when they were all imprisoned by Chen, only to be incredibly sad and worried when Lloyd didn't show up.
Jay is fond of inventing, technology, and the color blue. Technologically, Jay is one of the smartest out of all the six ninja, possibly second to Zane, because he was raised by adoptive parents who were mechanics. The ninja have relied on him to been the engineer at times. Jay is embarrassed of his doting parents, and dismisses the advice they give (like when Edna asks Jay if he brought extra underwear and it turned out he did not when he had to pull the sails of the Bounty while it was raining). But he is still is extremely loving of his parents, never wanting something bad to happen to them. Jay was the only one on good terms with his parents when the show started. His parents were the first to be introduced as they came by to visit him and the other ninja (in which they mentioned Jay didn't go to visit them). Over time, it seems Jay grew to be less embarrassed of them.
Jay values technology more than the others. In Season 3 he was the most excited to visit Borg Industries, who revolutionized Ninjago. He also told Clouse in Season 4 that he would rely on nuts and bolts over magic.
It can be inferred that Jay is sloppier than the other ninja. When Harumi found a pair of blue underwear on the main console, Jay was immediately embarrassed. Jay is also more likely to take shortcuts, though the other ninja do as well. Such as in Season 4 where his injury led him to using a mech left in the jungle by Chen, even after Jay claimed he wouldn't take any of Chen's gifts. Another example of shortcuts would be in Season 13 where he cleaned up the leaves in the yard with Spinjitzu and risked getting lectured from Master Wu. When he wasn't, Nya commented on how strange it was that Wu gave up a moment to reprimand him in which Jay agrees. This shows that this may be normal behavior for Jay and his relationship with Wu is like a parent and a child.
After being stranded in The Realm of Oni and Dragons, Jay had an apparent mental breakdown. He seemed oddly indifferent about the ninja's predicament and the other ninja realized he had lost his sanity. In this state, he is constantly "happy" about their many predicaments, even saying that he had "found it", when he had clearly lost it. Since then, he has returned to normal, as evidenced by him freaking out when fighting in the Dragon Hunter Arena, which indicates his insanity and unusually calm nature was simply temporary and caused by stress.
Jay has always been obsessed with video games. He was upset when the Monastery was burnt down in Season 1 because he lost his high score. In the Cloud Kingdom, he was excited to find a pinball machine. Season 12 was a video game season and Jay was the most experienced and excited to be inside a video game. Jay was also shown to be a great dancer in the Prime Empire shorts, due to his skills in rhythm games. When Lloyd showed the ninja the comics he was into in Season 2, the seasons after it was Jay that was the biggest fan of them.
In "Game Over", Jay reveals that deep down, he feels sad about his birth parents abandoning him in a junkyard, explaining to Unagami that he always wonders why they did it and hopes that it was for a good reason, if there's even a reason behind it all.
Weapons and abilities
Jay can harness the power of Lightning to create a Spinjitzu tornado of pure electricity. He can also seemingly fly with his powers as seen in the episode Day of the Great Devourer, although he hasn't used this ability ever since, as it seemed to be part of his True Potential abilities. His lightning powers were enhanced further by the Nunchucks of Lightning, and later by his Elemental Blade. In close-range combat, he favors nunchucks, but has used katanas and various improvised weapons on occasion.
Jay has an eye for machines and gadgets, being in charge of repairing and maintaining the various technology at the ninja's disposal. He was responsible for restoring the Destiny's Bounty to a functional state and equipping it with the modifications needed to make it fly. Over time, his inventing side was less emphasized, due to Nya and Dr. Julien taking up the role of gadgeteer, but Jay's skill with technology should not be underestimated. Prior to "Let's Dance," Jay obtained dancing skills from playing Dancy Pants. He is also able to play the guitar, as shown in Prime Empire.
Jay has owned many vehicles in his history as a ninja.
- Elemental Lightning Dragon
- After he conquered his fear, Jay could summon It at will using his elemental powers.
- It first appeared in "The Day of the Dragon."
- Blue Dragon
- Lightning Bike
- Lightning off-roader
- Ghost Taker GT
- Sub car
- Storm Fighter
- Flying speeder
Jay's first name may be a pun on the bird, blue jay, since his elemental color is blue. His full name, Jay Walker, is a pun on the term "jaywalk." This would later be somewhat averted upon the revelation that his birth name is Jay Gordon. Also, Jay is a nickname given to somebody who talks a lot.
In the interview with Michael Adamthwaite, it was stated that Jay was originally called Ren. Before he was given an actual name, "Poe" was used as a stand-in, meaning two of his preliminary names were both later used as Star Wars names. An initial outline of the pilot's beats posted by the Hageman Brothers on Twitter also reveals that "Wynn" was another potential name. The first spinner pack layout had a blue ninja named Edward. However, this was just a random name chosen by Tommy Andreasen for no specific reason.
Behind the scenes
- Jay's elemental symbol is the Chinese character "羊", meaning "sheep."
- When Jay went to the Tournament of Elements, he wore his ZX suit. This might imply it is his favorite suit.
- Jay's original minifigure hair design doesn't match the show like the rest of the ninja. His hair color ranges from orange to reddish-brown in the show depending on the lighting, while his minifigure hair is dark orange. A similar inconsistency exists with his modern hair, as it appears to be reddish-brown starting from Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, while his minifigure hair is dark brown.
- The hairpiece used for Jay's "fancy" hairstyle seen in "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" and "The Invitation" was originally used on Gilderoy Lockhart in LEGO's Harry Potter theme.
- His anime appearance is similar to Goku's from the Dragon Ball Z franchise. His energy blast attack seen in the same episode resembles the Kamehameha from the same franchise.
The Trivia on Jay needs to be organized.
- Jay's last name was technically revealed as early as "Snakebit," where his parents were credited as "Edna Walker" and "Ed Walker" respectively. The name "Jay Walker" later appeared in the 2014 blooper reel and was eventually said in the show in "Blackout," "The Last Resort," and "The Temple of Madness."
- He is right-handed.
- Jay only has four Character Cards, as his DX card was never made.
- Jay was the second ninja to find his True Potential, the first being Zane in "Tick Tock."
- It's possible that the armor on Jay's right arm on his ZX design was to protect his arm when he was swinging the Nunchucks of Lightning.
- Jay's Armor variant has navy blue legs, though in the show, they are the same color as his torso.
- He was the first of the ninja to learn Spinjitzu, the second to unlock his True Potential, and the third to find his Golden Weapon and summon his Elemental Dragon.
- Jay's inventions are said to fill entire warehouses, some of which he cannot remember the names or functions of. Some of his inventions are:
- A blanket that can keep you cold on warm nights.
- A parchment that can be written on or stretched into a waterproof tent.
- A device that cores apples off of the tree before they are picked.
- Extendable stilts. This invention apparently malfunctioned on its first use, repeatedly bouncing Jay up and down between six feet and sixty feet. After a hundred bounces in the span of two minutes, Jay was dizzy for a month.
- The first two episodes focused on Jay have the word "bite" in the title in some form and involve Jay or his parents falling victim to a Fangpyre bite.
- Jay in his future appearance is one of nine Elemental Masters that have facial hair.
- He talks to himself when he thinks he is by himself.
- It is revealed in "On a Wish and a Prayer" that Cole is Jay's best friend.
- In "Misfortune Rising," he was revealed to be an adopted child. His true father was Cliff Gordon, the actor who played his hero, Fritz Donnegan. This also means his real mother was the previous Master of Lightning, a fact that was later confirmed in "Lost in Time."
- After the events of Skybound, the letter Jay got claiming his father was dead was never delivered, thus Jay is still waiting to claim his inheritance.
- In Skybound, he was the only ninja to be trapped in the Sword of Souls for less than one episode.
- Nya was never trapped in the Sword of Souls at all, she was just poisoned and killed.
- Up until "The News Never Sleeps!", Jay was the only character to appear in every episode in the series.
- As of that episode, none of the ninja have appeared in every episode.
- Jay and the other ninja (except Nya) could only harness their elemental powers by being dependent on Lloyd. This may be because Lloyd shares his Golden Power with them. However, as of Season 8, this is no longer the case. His, along with the other ninja's powers, can operate independently of Lloyd's.
- Jay is the second person to kiss Nya, the first being Bizarro Jay, his evil clone.
- In a Wu's Teas episode "Secret Teas," Jay turned into an octopus—his signature animal, after drinking a tea that can make probably people turn into an octopus
- In "The Green Ninja," Jay seems to use the element of Wind, even though his allocated element is Lightning.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Jay most likely got the notch on his eyebrow from one of his inventions when he was young.
- At one point, Jay was mistakenly listed as a character on the Legends of Chima website.
- In Season 8, Jay has lost the notch in his left eyebrow, gained freckles, and his hair is now a dark brown instead of a light, reddish brown. His hair becomes a similar color again in Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu.
- Jay has used Traveller's Tea twice, first in "The Last Resort," and secondly in "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago"
- Jay is tied with Kai for being the third and fourth ninja to be presumed dead (in "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago"), the first being Zane (in "The Titanium Ninja") and the second being Cole (in "Day of the Departed").
- The mini-episode "Let's Dance" reveals that Jay is a good dancer because of the amount of time playing Dancy Pants. This eventually leads to him and Nya winning the dance competition in "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back."
- Jay is one of the five current Elemental Masters to have their last names known, the others being Lloyd, Griffin, Jacob, and Skylor.
- He was the focus character of Season 12: Prime Empire and is the only ninja that was not cubed or to have lost all their lives (not counting Zane, as he did not enter Prime Empire).
- It is unknown how he got his reddish-brown hair, as the Master of Lightning had blonde hair and Cliff Gordon had black hair; similar to Lloyd. It is likely because of recessive genes.
- Jay was the last ninja to get a bike, with it being the Desert Lightning.
- According to Michael Adamthwaite, Jay's secret talent is building birdhouses. He paints them and gives them away, and sometimes hangs them outside the Ninjago city retirement home because he knows it gives them joy.
- Though likely unrelated, Jay previously hinted at an interest in model-building at the end of "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master."
- Jay is occasionally not serious about his missions, annoying Kai.
- He always hated doing laundry.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Jay refers to the mole on Nya's cheek in her post-movie design as a "mark of eternal beauty."
- Jay's Digi Suit has a white right hand and a black left hand in the show, but he has both white hands in the sets.
- Besides when he, Cole, and Zane were briefly corrupted by Dark Matter in "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master," Jay is the only ninja not to have been a villain at any point. Lloyd was originally a minor antagonist and was later possessed by Morro, Cole was hypnotized by Skales, Nya was corrupted by Dark Matter, Kai was corrupted by the Staff of Elements, and Zane was corrupted by the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu after having his memory erased.
- In both of Jay's focus seasons (6 and 12), he has ultimately defeated the villain in a way other than a physical fight.
- He is the only ninja to have worn every suit in the TV series. Nya and Lloyd did not wear various earlier suits, having joined the ninja team later; Zane did not have the tournament robes, Digi robes, or an Avatar; Cole did not have an Avatar and a scuba suit in the show; and Kai did not have a scuba suit.
- Jay inherited his sense of humor from his mother.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, there will be more of a focus on the relationship between Jay and Nya in 2021 than in previous years.
- Jay is the only human to appear completely naked in the show.
- Jay is known to worry about things and then claim to have never worried in the first place when he is proven wrong. This can be seen with his fear about one of the lanterns setting off a trap in the Caves of Despair in "The Crooked Path" and his worry about being lost in the Dungeons of Shintaro forever in "Queen of the Munce."
- The joke about Jay's underwear, either that he urinated himself or left his underwear around living spaces, is often repeated during the show.
- In "The Last Voyage," he forgot to take his underwear on a journey to the Dark Island, despite his mother's warning. He mentions it several times throughout the episode until he steals one of Dr. Julien's boxer shorts.
- In "Only One Can Remain," Clouse's pet bites Jay's lower part of his gi and reveals that he doesn't have underwear.
- In "The Oni and the Dragon," Harumi notices Jay's blue boxer shorts on the bridge on the Destiny's Bounty, to which Jay replies that they're usually more organized, but their master was lost in time and lied that it belongs to Cole, who argues that they are blue. Kai then jokes that they're lucky they're not yellow.
- Although he claimed to that it was due to the absence of Master Wu, he continued to do so after Wu's return.
- In "The Darkness Comes," Jay's boxer shorts are visible on a potted plant in a relaxation room as Jay trains with Kai how to ask Nya to be his Yang.
- In "Unsinkable," Maya tells Jay that she will teach him how to bleach his boxer shorts. Later, when the Hydro Bounty is attacked, Jay tells the others that he is definitely going to need to wash his boxer shorts again.
- In the "Special Fall Into Fun Issue" (September-October 2020) of the LEGO Magazine, it is stated that Jay sometimes likes to write haiku poems about his friends. He previously hinted at an interest in poetry at the end of "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master."
- When asked about how Jay's inventing hobby was phased out of the story, Tommy Andreasen explained, "Between Jay, Nya and Pixal there were too many characters with that profile. Jay can do it be has another focus."
- According to Tommy Andreasen, if Jay was a YouTuber, he would make gaming videos.
- According to Bragi Schut, if Jay had a secret hobby, it would be that he "likes to draw pictures of himself in a train conductor uniform and wear fake beards."
- Main article: Jay/Gallery
- "Misfortune Rising"
- "My Dinner With Nadakhan"
- "The Oni and the Dragon"