|Kai||Kai (Shadow of Ronin)||Kai (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
| "You just have to look at it from a different point of view."
This article is about a subject that is canon to the storyline of Warner Bros' The LEGO Movie franchise.
|“Hey, give me a hug, man. Give me a birthday hug!”|
|— Kai to Lloyd|
Kai looks fairly similar to his TV show counterpart, but the main difference is his attitude. He still has his signature hair, just a bit more full and slightly taller. He has a new red ninja gi, that is somewhat similar to his old one, with a few improvements. His scar is on the other eye and he sports a bandage close to his hairline near his eyebrow opposite to where his scar is.
Kai's attitude is more serious, like Cole in the TV show. Despite this, he is very compassionate and approachable, as he is "always ready with a hug." Much like his own TV show counterpart, Kai is possibly impulsive, enjoys fighting enemies, and is loyal and protective of those he cares about, especially his teammates. Unlike his TV counterpart (besides the alternate face on his figurine), he seems to be curious or perhaps more sassy and energetic. He also appears to enjoy describing things with a variety of onomatopoeia.
This ninja is fiercely loyal and protective when it comes to his friends, like Lloyd, and his sister, Nya. Outgoing and enthusiastic, he is often ready with a hug. He might lack patience with some of Master Wu’s instructions, like trying to produce a flame by rubbing two sticks together, but Kai really gets fired up when there are bad guys to fight.
Weapons and Abilities
Kai wields a pair of katanas in the trailers, but he may be skillful with other weapons, though these are his favorite weapons.
He and the other Ninja have Elemental Powers like their TV show counterparts, allowing him to create and manipulate fire. As seen in the trailers, Kai's vehicle has weapons that are fire-based like the flamethrower in his mech.
Like most of the other Ninja, he is a master builder.
- 70606 Spinjitzu Training (Ninja suit)
- 70608 Master Falls (Ninja suit; without hood)
- 70611 Water Strider (Ninja suit)
- 70615 Fire Mech (Ninja suit)
- 70617 Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon (Ninja suit; no hood)
- 70618 Destiny's Bounty (Ninja suit)
- 70620 Ninjago City (Casual)
- 70629 Piranha Attack (Ninja suit; no hood)
- 71019 The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series (Kendo armor)
- 5004916 Kai's Dojo Pod (Spinjitzu Training)
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame (non-canon)
- His vehicle is a giant humanoid mech, which has a flamethrower weapon on its arm.
- Kai in his Ninja gi is the easiest to get out of all the movie Ninjas', appearing in a total of eight sets.
- His main weapon is a pair of Katanas.
- It is unknown why they were shown with weapons in the commercials. They only used their elemental abilities and their mechs to fight, not once touching their signature weapons.
- He has the gunmetal gray armor, similar to that of his Skybound variant the only difference being the hue.
- Likewise, he is the only Ninja that wears armor to complement their standard suit.
- Also, in 70617 Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, his armor is plain silver rather than the gunmetal gray he wears in other sets.
In The LEGO Ninjago Movie
In The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame
Leader: Lord Garmadon
Ninjago City Residents