|Kai||Kai (Shadow of Ronin)||Kai (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
|This article is a stub.
You can help Ninjago Wiki by expanding it.
| "Movie magic!"
This article is about a subject that is canon to the storyline of the LEGO Movie franchise.
|“Hey, give me a hug, man. Give me a birthday hug!”|
|— Kai, telling Lloyd that he wanted to give him a birthday hug|
Kai looks fairly similar to his TV show counterpart, but the main difference is his attitude. He still has the his signature hair, just a bit more full. He has a new red ninja gi, that is somewhat similar to his old one, with a few improvements. His scar is on the other eye and he sports a bandage close to his hairline.
Kai's attitude is more serious, like Cole in the TV show. Despite this, he is very compassionate and approachable, as he is "always ready with a hug." Much like his own TV show counterpart, Kai is possibly impulsive, enjoys fighting enemies, and is loyal and protective of those he cares about, especially his teammates. Unlike his TV counterpart (beside the alternate face on his figurine), he seems to be curious or perhaps more sassy. He also appears to enjoy describing things with a variety of onomatopoeia.
This ninja is fiercely loyal and protective when it comes to his friends, like Lloyd, and his sister, Nya. Outgoing and enthusiastic, he is often ready with a hug. He might lack patience with some of Master Wu’s instructions, like trying to produce a flame by rubbing two sticks together, but Kai really gets fired up when there are bad guys to fight.
Weapons and Abilities
Kai wields a pair of katanas in the trailers, but he may be skillful with other weapons, though these are his favorite weapons.
He and the other Ninja have Elemental Powers like their TV show counterparts, allowing him to create and manipulate fire. As seen in the trailers, Kai's vehicle has weapons that are fire-based like the flamethrower in his mech.
Like the other Ninja, he is a master builder.
- His vehicle is a giant humanoid mech, which has a flamethrower weapon on its arm.
- Kai in his ninja gi is the easiest to get out of all the Movie Ninja's, appearing in a total of eight sets.
- His main weapon is a pair of Katanas.
- It is unknown why they were shown with weapons in the commercials. They only used their elemental abilities and their mechs to fight, not once touching their signature weapons.
- He has the gun metal gray armor, similar to that of his Skybound variant.
- Likewise, he is the only Ninja that wears armor in their standard suit.
- Also, in 70617 Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, his armor is plain silver rather than the gun metal gray he wears in other sets.
In The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Secret Ninja Force
Ninjago City Residents