The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|“Father was the Elemental Master of Fire. Mother was the Master of Water.”|
“And they left us the old blacksmith shop and little else.”
|— Nya and Kai, "The Hands of Time"|
- All known members of the family are or were once Elemental Masters of Fire or Water. The known Masters of Fire have always been male while the Masters of Water have been female.
- The family was split apart when Kai and Nya were children, with Kai being around 5 years old and Nya being 3 when Ray and Maya were captured by Krux.
- The family was reunited in The Hands of Time episode, "Pause and Effect," where the above backstory is explained.
- The family members have a number of physical similarities:
- Everyone except Kai has black hair.
- Ray from the time of the Serpentine War has the same face as Kai from before Season 8, and present Ray still has the same mouth. Kai's future reflection looks nearly identical to past Ray minus Ray's facial hair, though present Ray, who has different eyebrows, is likely closer to the age in Kai's reflection.
- Pre-Season 7 Nya also has similar eyebrows to pre-Season 7 Kai and past Ray.
- Maya has the same a collar design as most of Nya's outfits, including all of her Samurai X suits.
- In Season 7, Nya has the same eyebrows as past Maya.
- Post-Season 7 Nya has similar eyebrows to present-day Maya.
- Kai and Nya's last name was considered to be "Smith" behind the scenes, but this is not necessarily canon to the show.
- According to the 2014 version of the Ninjago website, Kai's parents called him "Ash" for the first two months of his life. According to Tommy Andreasen, this can be considered canon.
- Though Delara looks identical to Nya, they are not related.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, it is possible that when Ray and Maya disappeared, Kai and Nya were cared for by their friendly neighbors, whom Wu asked for.
- "The Hands of Time"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.