This template has been added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
|"I was bitten by a snake."
This article is about a subject that is relevant to the storyline of both the Ninjago TV series and the LEGO Movie franchise. Information may be more directed toward one continuity than the other.
The katana is a very common and well-known ninja weapon. It appears as a sword with a leather-wrapped hilt, a very small, flat guard, and a long, thin blade with a slight curve away from the cutting edge. They appear in several colors, most notably gold, silver, and black.
Gold katanas are used periodically by the ninja. They are prominent in the Ninjago Spinners game, as Golden Weapons hold more power in the game.
Silver katanas are used very commonly with the ninja, being perhaps the most common variant next to gold. Silver katanas were Kai's main weapons in seasons seven to ten. The Stone Army wielded silver katanas in the show.
Orange katanas are exclusively used by Richie.
- Early in Ninjago's run, the katana mold was upgraded, gaining a brighter sheen and a slightly shorter, straighter, and sturdier blade, as well as a square-shaped tsuba instead of an octagonal one. The handle was also upgraded, as the new handle is harder and firmer and does not peel away with use.
- The way that the katanas are stored in their sword holder is different in many seasons. In Skybound, the katanas are stored facing up, and in Sons of Garmadon, they are stored facing down.
- Lloyd , Nya, Jay, and Cole come with pairs of katanas in the Sons of Garmadon sets in addition to their weapons seen in the show, though they do not use katanas in the season.
- In 70639 Street Race of Snake Jaguar, Zane doesn't come with katanas because the quiver on his back takes up too much space, but he has them in 10755 Zane's Ninja Boat Pursuit.
- 71708 Gamer's Market contains the most varieties of the katana in the one set. It includes katanas in gold, orange, red, azure and spring-green.
- In the sets of Season 9, a new package of weapons was used, which contains two katanas without handles, so they can be attached to another piece. These packages also appear in the Legacy sets (gold, silver and green), Season 11 sets (gold), Season 12 sets (trans green), Season 13 (gold) and The Island (white) sets.
- It's possible that two major turning points for individuals who would ultimately become enemies of Wu were caused by Wu's negligence involving various katanas. These moments would be Garmadon's corruption by the Great Devourer's venom, as seen in "Tick Tock," and Morro's fall to darkness after discovering he was not the Green Ninja, as seen in "Ghost Story."
The images on Katana need to be organized.