Early in Ninjago's run, the katana mold was upgraded, making the blade slightly shorter and straighter. The plastic is also slightly sturdier and shinier than before.
In Season 11, the Blizzard Samurai use blue katanas, hinting they may have been created out of ice.
The foot soldier of Ninjago's fighting force, this simple blade is sharp and reliable. While it won't win any beauty contests, it cuts clean and gets the job done.
- In Season 8, Kai's katana has his name in the Ninjago Language engraved on it.
- In Season 8, Nya, Jay, and Cole come with a pair of katanas in the sets, as well as their weapon seen in the show.
- In Season 8 sets, Zane doesn't come with katanas because the quiver on his back takes up too much space.
- But he has them in 10755 Zane's Ninja Boat Pursuit.
In Season 8, Lloyd doesn't have katanas because they are too similar to his golden sword.
- In Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, the Blizzard Sword Masters have transparent swords that look like they are made of Ice.
- They have come in gold, silver, black, spring green, azure, orange, brown, and red varieties as of April 2020.