This template has been added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
|"I was bitten by a snake."
- “What is the best way to defeat an enemy?”
- “Easy, with a sword!”
|— Wu and Kai, "Never Trust a Snake"|
The katana is a very common and well-known ninja weapon. It appears as a sword with a leather-wrapped hilt, a very small, flat guard, and a long, thin blade with a slight curve away from the cutting edge. They appear in several colors, most notably gold, silver, and black.
Silver katanas are used very commonly by the ninja, being perhaps the most common variant next to gold. Silver katanas were Kai's main weapons in Seasons 7 through 10. The Stone Army wielded silver katanas in the show.
Azure katanas were used by Skales in Rise of the Snakes for the first time (although these were made out of Ice in the show). Later, they were used by Blizzard Samurai in Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu. Hausner also used azure katanas in the Prime Empire sets.
Orange katanas were used by Richie in the Prime Empire sets, as well as Cole in the core sets.
- 35. "The Invitation"
- 46. "Ghost Story"
- 75. "The Mask of Deception"
- 76. "The Jade Princess"
- 77. "The Oni and the Dragon"
- 79. "Dead Man's Squall"
- 80. "The Quiet One"
- 81. "Game of Masks"
- 83. "True Potential"
- 84. "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago"
- 99. "Wasted True Potential" (dream)
- 100. "Questing for Quests"
- 101. "A Rocky Start"
- 106. "Snaketastrophy"
- 107. "Powerless"
- 108. "Ancient History"
- 112. "Vengeance is Mine!"
- 113. "A Cold Goodbye"
- 129. "Would You Like to Enter Prime Empire?"
- 130. "Dyer Island"
- 132. "Superstar Rockin' Jay"
- 133. "I am Okino"
- 134. "The Glitch"
- 135. "The Cliffs of Hysteria"
- 136. "The Maze of the Red Dragon"
- 137. "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back"
- 140. "Stop, Drop and Side Scroll"
- 147. "The Worst Rescue Ever"
- 165. "A Big Splash"
- 166. "The Call of the Deep"
- 174. "Riddle of the Sphinx"
- 175. "Papergirl"
- 176. "Master of the Sea"
- 180. "The Turn of the Tide"
- 183. "The Shape of Nya"
- Ninjago Skybound (non-canon)
- Early in Ninjago's run, the katana mold was upgraded, gaining a brighter sheen and a slightly shorter, straighter, and sturdier blade, as well as a square-shaped tsuba instead of an octagonal one. The handle was also upgraded, as the new handle is harder and firmer and does not peel away with use.
- The way that the katanas are stored in their sword holder is different in many seasons. In Skybound, the katanas are stored facing up, and in Sons of Garmadon, they are stored facing down.
- Lloyd , Nya, Jay, and Cole come with pairs of silver katanas in the Sons of Garmadon sets in addition to their weapons seen in the show, though they do not use katanas in the season.
- In 70639 Street Race of Snake Jaguar, Zane does not come with katanas because the quiver on his back takes up too much space, but he has them in 10755 Zane's Ninja Boat Pursuit.
- 71708 Gamer's Market contains the most varieties of the katana in the one set. It includes katanas in gold, orange, red, azure and spring-green.
- In the Hunted sets, a new package of weapons was used, which contains two katanas without handles, so they can be attached to another piece. These packages also appear in the Legacy sets (gold, silver and green), Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu sets (gold), Prime Empire sets (spring-green), Master of the Mountain (gold) and The Island (white) sets.
- It is possible that two major turning points for individuals who would ultimately become enemies of Wu were caused by Wu's negligence involving various katanas. These moments would be Garmadon's corruption by the Great Devourer's venom, as seen in "Tick Tock," and Morro's fall to darkness after discovering he was not the Green Ninja, as seen in "Ghost Story."
The images on Katana need to be organized.