The Katana (also known as the Ninjago Sword) is a common Ninja weapon included in numurous LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu sets. It appears as a black sword with a leather wrapped hilt, a very small, flat guard, and a long, thin blade with a slight curve away from the cutting edge.
Early in Ninjago's run, the katana mold was upgraded, making the blade slightly shorter and straighter. The plastic is also slightly sturdier and shinier than before.
They have come in gold, silver, black, spring green, and red varieties.
The foot soldier of Ninjago's fighting force, this simple blade is sharp and reliable. While it won't win any beauty contests, it cuts clean and gets the job done.
- In Season 8, Kai's katana has his name in the Ninjago Language engraved on it.
- In Season 8, Nya, Jay, and Cole come with a pair of katanas, as well as their weapon seen in the show.
- In Season 8 sets, Zane doesn't come with katanas because the quiver on his back takes up too much space.
- In Season 8, Lloyd doesn't have katanas because they are too smiliar to swords.
- In Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, some Blizzard Samurai members have transparent swords that look like they are made of Ice.