- You may be looking for the set waves produced from 2019 onward.
|“This is not a diary. It is a backup of our adventures. I returned from our latest search for Master Wu, and thought it pertinent that someone record the story of Ninjago.”|
|— Zane to Nya|
|Season Mini-Series, Episode 1|
|Air date||November 27th, 2017|
|Written by||Psychic Bunny Writing Team|
|Directed by||Asa Tait|
J. Rick Castañeda
"Happy Birthday to You!"
"Vehicles and Mechs"
Legacy is the first part of the ten-part mini-series of Ninjago: Decoded.
Nya helps Zane backup memories of their adventures to the Samurai X Cave computer, but Zane encounters a mysterious puzzle buried deep within his code.
At the Samurai X Cave, Zane requests for Nya to help him with logging all of their previous adventures by backing up his memories. During this, Zane recaps the events between their first adventure to their battle against the Ghost Warriors at Stiix by displaying his memories on the Samurai X computer.
Nya then proceeds to upload new memories to Zane's memory core of the events of Skybound before explaining to Zane that she's noticed that there are other gaps that Zane should check out, but Zane informs her that he is fully functional. Nya then steps outside of the Samurai X Cave to call Jay while Zane then proceeds to continue with his video, recapping their latest battle against the Time Twins and the disappearance of Master Wu after he becomes lost in time.
After finishing his recaps, Zane attempts to log off, but he finds himself unable to.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Chen - Ian James Corlett
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Neuro - Paul Dobson
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- The Overlord - Scott McNeil
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- When talking about Jay's old TV show, Zane mentions that the show consisted of 74 episodes and a special. This is a fourth wall nod to the show itself, which had the same amount of episodes at the time Decoded was released.
- This is the first episode to be eleven minutes instead of twenty-two minutes, though because Decoded is technically its own series, "Wasted True Potential" is the first episode of the main series to be eleven minutes.
- Early in the episode, Zane pictures moments from "The Last Resort" and "Misfortune Rising" despite later confirming he does not recall the events of Skybound before Nya uploads the information to his memory.
- Zane plays a clip from "The Snake King," saying Nya has eaten ice cream. However, the original scene depicted Nya bringing ice cream to two fairgoers, not eating it herself.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.