|Lightning||Lightning (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
|“You think lightning is better than water and ice for stopping flames?”|
|— Lloyd to Jay, "The Hands of Time"|
Lightning is one of the four main elements of Ninjago. It is the element of electricity and it is generally associated with the color blue. It was first practiced by the First Elemental Master of Lightning, and over a hundred generations later, it was practiced by the Previous Master of Lightning and was passed down to her son, Jay. This element corresponds with the Nunchucks of Lightning, the Lightning Dragon, and the Elemental Lightning Dragon.
- Electrokinesis/Fulgurkinesis - The user can create, generate, increase, absorb, conduct, shape, and manipulate electricity and lightning of various intensities, control the voltage of their electrical attacks, and even use it to increase their strength. Users of this element can redirect natural lightning in an electrical storm. Also, the user can absorb or redirect electricity while removing the source, use it against an adversary, and have a possibility of generating electricity underwater carefully without electrocuting themselves.
- Electrokinetic Flight - As seen in "The Invitation," the user has the ability to fly using electricity.
- Technopathy - One application of Lightning, as Jay taught Lloyd, is to overload, control, and power electrical devices or systems and disrupt electronic signals, as seen in "Double Trouble." Lloyd used his Lightning powers to overcharge a light bulb, allowing him to use the shards of glass to free himself from his bonds.
- Electrical Force Field - The user can generate a shield of electricity as a defensive tactic (similarly to its Elemental Shield).
- Lightning Blast - The user can release electrical/lightning blasts, field waves, or projectiles over a specific target area which causes great damage and/or delivers great shock waves of pure force.
- Electricity Immunity - Some users of lightning are immune to concentrated electricity and natural lightning.
- Electrical Infusion - The user can infuse objects (usually a weapon), beings or powers with electricity, empowering and energizing them and allowing the user to manipulate their qualities and efficiency and use electricity in various ways to attack.
- Electrical Bolt Projection - The user is able to create and project bolts of electricity and control the intensity/power of their projectiles, the bolts aren't weak but may not be as powerful as a full-powered attack.
- Electricity Surface Creation - The user can send electricity through a surface (often the ground or a floor), to channel electricity, sending electric shocks to anything in contact with them or the surface.
- Electric Orb Projection - Few users are able to project an orb of electricity as seen in "Home," when Jay tried to break Cole free from the Skales' hypnosis.
- Electro-Magnekinesis/Magnetokinesis - The user can use their Lightning as a magnet.
- Elemental Shield - The user can create an Lightning Elemental Shield.
Via the users' True Potential
- Lightning Mimicry - The user can temporarily transform their body completely into electricity.
- Electroportation - This allows the user to also "teleport" short distances using electrical currents.
The symbol of Lightning is an octopus. The silhouette of the octopus and its tentacles resembles a storm cloud discharging lightning.
- First Elemental Master of Lightning
- Nuckal (with the Nunchucks of Lightning)
- Kai (formerly)
- Nimbus (possibly)
- Lightning Dragon/Ultra Dragon
- Elemental Lightning Dragon
- Hydro Electric Dragon
- Wu's Chicken (possibly)
- Apparently, the user can ride Lightning and conjure lightning ropes as seen in "The Absolute Worst," although this may actually just be fantasy.
|Elemental Powers of Ninjago|