|Lightning||Lightning (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
|“Hey, watch it. I'm shocked. Haha, correction: you're shocked.”|
|— Jay to some Venomari, "Blue Lightning"|
Lightning is one of the four main elements of Creation. It is the element of electricity and it is generally associated with the color blue. It was first practiced by the First Elemental Master of Lightning, and over a hundred generations later, it was practiced by the Previous Master of Lightning and was passed down to her son, Jay. This element corresponds with the Nunchucks of Lightning, the Lightning Dragon, and the Elemental Lightning Dragon.
- Electrokinesis/Fulgurkinesis - The user can create, generate, increase, absorb, conduct, shape, and manipulate electricity of various intensities. Users of this element can redirect natural lightning in an electrical storm, electrocute opponents, and cause electrical explosions. Also, the user can use it against an adversary.
- Electrokinetic Flight - The user has the ability to fly using electricity.
- Technopathy - One application of Lightning, as Jay taught Lloyd, is to overload, control, and power electrical devices or systems. Lloyd used his Lightning powers to overcharge a light bulb, allowing him to use the shards of glass to free himself from his bonds. Jay was even able to use his power to create a specific image (a Steep Wisdom teapot) on multiple screens.
- Electrical Force Field - The user can generate a force field of electricity as a defensive tactic (similarly to its elemental shield).
- Lightning Blast - The user can release electricity over a specific target area which causes great damage and/or delivers great shock waves of pure force.
- Electricity Immunity - Some users of lightning are immune to concentrated electricity and natural lightning.
- Electrical Infusion - The user can infuse objects (usually a weapon), beings or powers with electricity, empowering and energizing them and allowing the user to manipulate their qualities and efficiency and use electricity in various ways to attack.
- Electrical/Lightning Bolt Projection - The user is able to create and project bolts of electricity and control the intensity/power of their projectiles, the bolts aren't weak but may not be as powerful as a full-powered attack. They can also project lightning bolts from their own bodies (usually from their hands) to pierce and/or severely burn their opponents.
- Electricity Surface Creation - The user can send electricity through a surface (often the ground or a floor), to channel electricity, sending electric shocks to anything in contact with them or the surface.
- Electric Orb Projection - Few users are able to project an orb of electricity as seen when Jay tried to break Cole free from Skales' hypnosis.
- Electro-Magnekinesis/Magnetokinesis - The user can use their Lightning as a magnet.
- Elemental shield - The user can create a Lightning elemental shield.
Via the users' True Potential
- Lightning Mimicry - The user can temporarily transform their body completely into electricity.
- Electroportation - This allows the user to also "teleport" short distances using electrical currents.
The symbol of Lightning is an octopus. The silhouette of the octopus and its tentacles resembles a storm cloud discharging lightning. It may reference Jay's energetic and intelligent nature.
- First Elemental Master of Lightning
- Nuckal (with the Nunchucks of Lightning)
Staff of Elements
- Kai (formerly)
- Lightning Dragon/Ultra Dragon
- Elemental Lightning Dragon
- Hydroelectric Dragon
- Nunchucks of Lightning/Storm Fighter
- Lightning Elemental Blade
- Staff of Elements (destroyed)
- Blue Crystal (destroyed)
- Chronosteel (formerly)
- Zane's scepter (destroyed)
- Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu (formerly)
- In his original Character Card, Lloyd's dominant element was listed as Lightning, though according to Tommy Andreasen, this isn't canon to the TV series. However, Lloyd was shown using the Nunchucks of Lightning in Zane's dream in "Never Trust a Snake," and the Golden Weapons made green lightning when they revealed that Lloyd was the Green Ninja.
- Additionally, in the "Meet the Ninja" video released for the 10th anniversary, it is stated that his original dominant element was lightning.
- Similarly, Lord Garmadon's Destruction is represented as lightning on the cards, and he was shown to be able to generate lightning in "The Green Ninja."
- In "Ghost Story," Morro was able to shoot green lightning. This is not normal lightning, but rather a manifestation between Energy and ghost power.
- Apparently, the user can ride Lightning and conjure lightning ropes as seen in "The Absolute Worst," although this is just fantasy.
- Nuckal and Krazi are affiliated with Lightning in promotional material and the Ninjago Spinners game, though this is non-canon.
- When asked about his favorite element, Tommy Andreasen said, "I kind of like lightning.
The images on Lightning need to be organized.
In other media