|Lightning||Lightning (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
Lightning is one of the four main elements of Creation. It is the element of electricity and it is generally associated with the color blue. It was first practiced by the First Elemental Master of Lightning, and over a hundred generations later, it was practiced by the Previous Master of Lightning and was passed down to her son, Jay. This element corresponds with the Nunchucks of Lightning, the Lightning Dragon, and the Elemental Lightning Dragon.
- 1 Users' abilities
- 2 Symbol
- 3 Notable users
- 4 Appearances
- 4.1 Sets
- 4.2 Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 4.2.1 Pilot episodes
- 4.2.2 Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
- 4.2.3 Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja
- 4.2.4 Season 3: Rebooted
- 4.2.5 Season 4: Tournament of Elements
- 4.2.6 Season 5: Possession
- 4.2.7 Season 6: Skybound
- 4.2.8 Day of the Departed
- 4.2.9 Season 7: The Hands of Time
- 4.2.10 Season 8: Sons of Garmadon
- 4.2.11 Season 9: Hunted
- 4.2.12 Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu
- 4.2.13 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 4.2.14 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 4.2.15 Season 12: Prime Empire
- 4.2.16 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 4.2.17 The Island
- 4.2.18 Season 14: Seabound
- 4.2.19 Ninjago: Reimagined
- 4.3 Video games
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- Electrokinesis/Fulgurkinesis - The user can create, generate, increase, absorb, conduct, shape, and manipulate electricity of various intensities. Users of this element can redirect natural lightning in an electrical storm, electrocute opponents, and cause electrical explosions. Also, the user can use it against an adversary.
- Electrokinetic flight - The user has the ability to fly using electricity.
- Technopathy - One application of Lightning, as Jay taught Lloyd, is to overload, control, and power electrical devices or systems. Lloyd used his Lightning powers to overcharge a light bulb, allowing him to use the shards of glass to free himself from his bonds. Jay was even able to use his power to create a specific image (a Steep Wisdom teapot) on multiple screens.
- Electrical force field - The user can generate a force field of electricity as a defensive tactic (similarly to its elemental shield).
- Lightning blast - The user can release electricity over a specific target area which causes great damage and/or delivers great shock waves of pure force.
- Electricity resistance - The user is partially resistant against electricity and lightning.
- Electrical infusion - The user can infuse objects (usually a weapon), beings, body parts, vehicles or powers with electricity, empowering and energizing them and allowing the user to manipulate their qualities and efficiency and use electricity in various ways to attack.
- Lightning bolt projection - The user is able to create and project bolts of electricity and control the intensity/power of their projectiles, the bolts aren't weak but may not be as powerful as a full-powered attack. They can also project lightning bolts from their own bodies (usually from their hands) to pierce and/or severely burn their opponents.
- Electrified body - When the user in is a state of rage or extreme emotion, their body will be infused and crackle with electricity.
- Electrical attraction - While out in a storm, Jay attracted all the stray electricity directly into him.
- Electricity surface creation - The user can send electricity through a surface (often the ground or a floor), to channel electricity, sending electric shocks to anything in contact with them or the surface.
- Electric orb projection - The user is able to project an orb of electricity as seen when Jay tried to break Cole free from Skales' hypnosis.
- Electro-Magnokinesis/Electro-Magnetokinesis - The user can use their Lightning as a magnet.
- Electric beam emission- The user can produce and project beams of concentrated electricity, which can shock or cause electrocution, pierce through almost anything, or create destructive explosions upon impact.
- Electrokinetic speed- The user is able to use Lightning to achieve superhuman speed, as seen when Jay used this ability when he, Zane and Cole were chasing the Skulkin after they stole three of the Golden Weapons.
- Electric recharge - The user is able to recharge batteries by infusing them with electricity, but this can prove dangerous in some situations.
- Elemental shield - The user can create a Lightning elemental shield.
Via the users' True Potential
- Lightning mimicry - The user can temporarily transform their body completely into electricity.
- Electroportation - This allows the user to also "teleport" short distances using electrical currents.
The symbol of Lightning is an octopus. The silhouette of the octopus and its tentacles resembles a storm cloud discharging lightning. It may reference Jay's energetic and intelligent nature.
- First Spinjitzu Master
- First Elemental Master of Lightning
- Nuckal (with the Nunchucks of Lightning)
- Ronin (with the Elemental Forge of Lightning; non-canon)
Staff of Elements
- Kai (formerly)
- Lloyd Garmadon (formerly)
- Wisp/Ultra Dragon
- Elemental Lightning Dragon
- Hydroelectric Dragon
- Elemental Golem (non-canon)
- Nunchucks of Lightning/Storm Fighter (formerly)
- Lightning Elemental Blade
- Staff of Elements (destroyed)
- Blue Crystal (destroyed)
- Chronosteel (formerly)
- Elemental Forge of Lightning (destroyed; non-canon)
- Zane's scepter (with a Forbidden Scroll; destroyed)
- Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu (formerly)
- 70602 Jay's Elemental Dragon
- 70660 Spinjitzu Jay
- 70673 ShuriCopter
- 70682 Spinjitzu Slam - Jay
- 892175 Island Jay
- 35. "The Invitation"
- 69. "A Line in the Sand"
- 144. "Game Over"
- 162. "The Keepers of the Amulet"
- 168. "Five Thousand Fathoms Down"
- 169. "The Wrath of Kalmaar"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 176. "Master of the Sea" (mentioned)
- 180. "The Turn of the Tide"
- LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
- In his original Character Card, Lloyd's dominant element was listed as Lightning, though according to Tommy Andreasen, this isn't canon to the TV series. However, Lloyd was shown using the Nunchucks of Lightning in Zane's dream in "Never Trust a Snake," and the Golden Weapons made green lightning when they revealed that Lloyd was the Green Ninja.
- Additionally, in the "Meet the Heroes" video released for the 10th anniversary, it is stated that his original dominant element was lightning.
- Similarly, Lord Garmadon's Destruction is represented as lightning on the cards, and he was shown to be able to generate lightning in "The Green Ninja."
- Jay's LEGO.com description for Rebooted stated, "When Jay uses his electrical powers to his fullest, he creates 1.21 gigawatts." However, this may not be canon.
- 1.21 gigawatts is a reference to the power input required to operate the DeLorean time machine from Back to the Future.
- In "Ghost Story," Morro was able to shoot green lightning. This is not normal lightning, but rather a manifestation between Energy and ghost power.
- Nuckal and Krazi are affiliated with Lightning in promotional material and the Ninjago Spinners game, though this is non-canon.
- When asked about which element he would like to have, Tommy Andreasen said, "I kind of like lightning. Ever since I saw the Emperor do that in Return of the Jedi in 1983."
- Jay has been zapped by lightning a few times, in "Kingdom Come," "On a Wish and a Prayer," and "Sweatin' to the Goldies." A ninja is also depicted being zapped by lightning on the spinner card, Power Surge.
The images on Lightning need to be organized.
In other media
- "The Invitation"
- "Double Trouble"
- "Winds of Change"
- "Double Trouble"
- "On a Wish and a Prayer"
- "A Line in the Sand"
- "The Turn of the Tide"
Elements of Creation