|This article is a stub.
You can help Ninjago Wiki by expanding it.
When the Ninja found the Nunchucks of Lightning on top of the Floating Ruins, the Lightning Dragon appeared. The Ninja escaped and the Lightning Dragon did not follow.
After the Golden Weapons had been taken to the Underworld, Jay confronted the Lightning Dragon and managed to tame it. The Blue Ninja then rode the Lightning Dragon to the Underworld. After the Ninja had reclaimed the Golden Weapons, the Lightning Dragon transported Jay back to Four Weapons.
At some point, dragon pens were carved into the mountain underneath the Monastery of Spinjitzu and the Lightning Dragon began living there under the care of the Ninja.
When the Ninja learned that Lord Garmadon had apparently returned, Jay mounted the Lightning Dragon and flew it to Jamanakai Village, racing the other Ninja along the way. After the threat had been discovered to be merely Lloyd Garmadon, Jay flew the Lightning Dragon back to the monastery. When the Hypnobrai attacked the village later in the day, Jay once again used the Lightning Dragon as transport there.
The Lightning Dragon looks similar to the Ice Dragon except that it has four legs, it is a darker blue, Jay sits on a saddle-like structure, and its tail is wider and can bend in different directions. The Lightning Dragon is the only dragon to have six limbs in the set.
- Spinjitzu Smash! (non-canon)
- Spinjitzu Smash DX (non-canon)
- Viper Smash (non-canon)
- LEGO Battles: Ninjago (non-canon)
- The Lightning Dragon appears to travel close to the speed of light, as he appeared in a flash of lightning atop the Floating Ruins.
- He is the largest dragon aside from the Ultra Dragon.
- According to the Ninjago: The Official Guide, Jay created an amplifier to make its roar louder as a gift before it agreed to help them find a way into the Underworld.
- This is the first dragon to be owned by Jay, the second being the Elemental Lightning Dragon.