- 1 History
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
When the ninja found the Nunchucks of Lightning on top of the Floating Ruins, the Lightning Dragon appeared. The ninja escaped and the Lightning Dragon did not follow.
After the Golden Weapons had been taken to the Underworld, Jay confronted the Lightning Dragon and managed to tame it. The Blue Ninja then rode the Lightning Dragon to the Underworld. After the ninja had reclaimed the Golden Weapons, the Lightning Dragon transported Jay back to Four Weapons.
Jay and Nya ride the Lightning Dragon to the blacksmith shop so Nya can pack up to move in with the ninja.
At some point, dragon pens were carved into the mountain underneath the Monastery of Spinjitzu and the Lightning Dragon began living there under the care of the ninja.
When the ninja learned that Lord Garmadon had apparently returned, Jay mounted the Lightning Dragon and flew it to Jamanakai Village, racing the other ninja along the way. After the threat had been discovered to be merely Lloyd Garmadon, Jay flew the Lightning Dragon back to the monastery. When the Hypnobrai attacked the village later in the day, Jay once again used the Lightning Dragon as transport there.
After the ninja had left to destroy Lloyd's treehouse fortress, the ninja returned back to the monastery, only to find it engulfed in flames and that the Dragons including the Lightning Dragon were traped inside, the dragons were saved when Zane ordered Shard to put out the fire.
After the ninja discovered the Destiny's Bounty in the Sea of Sand, the Lightning Dragon took up residence in some nearby ruins. However, the Lightning Dragon began to molt and left for the Spirit Coves where it merged with the other three dragons to become the Ultra Dragon.
The Lightning Dragon looks similar to the Ice Dragon except that it has four legs, it is a darker blue, Jay sits on a saddle-like structure, and its tail is wider and can bend in different directions. The Lightning Dragon is the only dragon to have six limbs in the set.
- Spinjitzu Smash! (non-canon)
- Spinjitzu Smash DX (non-canon)
- Viper Smash (non-canon)
- LEGO Battles: Ninjago (non-canon)
- The Lightning Dragon appears to travel close to the speed of light, as he appeared in a flash of lightning atop the Floating Ruins.
- Nya refers to the Lightning Dragon as "blue boy" in "Secrets of the Blacksmith".
- The Lightning Dragon appeared in LEGO Battles: Ninjago as a Story Mode boss.
- The Lightning Dragon is a boss in Spinjitzu Smash!.
- He is the largest dragon aside from the Ultra Dragon.
- According to the Official Guide, Jay created an amplifier to make its roar louder as a gift before it agreed to help them find a way into the Underworld.
- This is the first dragon to be owned by Jay, the second being the Elemental Lightning Dragon.
The images on Lightning Dragon need to be organized.