|“Oh Cole, don't you see? I am proud. I want you to promise me, Cole, that you will always stand up to those who are cruel and unjust. Always.”|
|— Lilly to Cole "Dungeon Crawl!"|
She eventually visited Shintaro Mountain, where she learned the Spinjitzu Burst. According to the legend, she used this power to destroy Grief-Bringer, a dragon that terrorized the residents of the caverns. She left the mountain, but not before leaving the Blades of Deliverance with the Geckles and Munce and her locket with Gleck.
Dungeon Crawl! (Flashback)
Lilly makes an appearance in Cole's flashback. Lou and child Cole come to see Lilly, who is lying sick in bed. Cole tells her he doesn't want her sick anymore, but she tells him that they can't always have what we want. Then she asks Cole about problems at school and he tells her that he got into a fight with a child that hurt the younger ones. Cole then says that he will never fight and that he will be good, wanting his mother to be proud of him. Lilly tells him that she is already proud and that she wants him to promise her that he will always fight those who are cruel and unjust. Cole promises her that he'll do exactly that.
The Jade Princess (Flashback)
During his first encounter with Wu, Cole mentions Lilly, saying that she is gone and that his father should be sad or angry, but he spends all his time with his group. Wu tells him that grief takes many shapes and forms. That some sing and dance and some climb the mountains.
Gliff tells the Ninja about the two Blades of Deliverance: the Ivory Blade of Deliverance and the Shadow Blade of Deliverance. He said it was possessed by a powerful warrior named "Gilly" although Murt believes the name is "Milly". During the time when the Geckles and Munce were living in fear due to a dragon, Lilly went up and defeated the dragon. After Lilly defeated the dragon, she gave the Ivory Blade of Deliverance to the Geckles while giving the Shadow Blade of Deliverance to the Munce.
After noticing the necklace Gleck was wearing, Kai and Zane asked to look at it. Gleck states that it's his most prized possession, given to him by "Gilly" herself. After noticing Lilly in the locket, Kai and Zane correctly deduce that Lilly is the same person as Gilly. Gleck, happy to hear that they know her, asks if they can bring her to the Dungeons to help with the peace treaty. Unfortunately for Gleck, though, Kai sadly tells him about Lilly's passing.
Lilly appears in the flashback that Cole experiences while getting zapped by the Skull of Hazza D'ur, which inspires him to use the Spinjitzu Burst to destroy the Skull.
- 71721 Skull Sorcerer's Dragon (statue)
- 146. "Into the Dark" (pictured)
- 148. "The Two Blades" (flashback)
- 149. "Queen of the Munce" (pictured)
- 154. "Dungeon Crawl!" (flashback)
- 155. "Grief-Bringer" (pictured)
- 156. "Masters Never Quit" (statue)
- 160. "The Son of Lilly" (flashback)
- In the story of the Two Blades, she wears a Legacy hood and Season 11 armor.
- She has two different hairstyles in the show. This makes her the third parent of a Ninja who has two different hairstyles. Garmadon and Lou also have different hairstyles in the show.
- She was the fourth parent of a Ninja to die. The first was Dr. Julien, the second was Garmadon (who was later resurrected), and the third was Cliff Gordon.
- It's implied that she died of some kind of sickness but it's not known for sure.
- Though her existence was first acknowledged in the show in "The Jade Princess," the first mention of her overall is in the non-canon novel Way of the Departed, where Cole has a dream based on a past memory when he was 5 years old. He quotes: "I see my father and my mother dancing in the moonlight on the terrace in front of our old house."
- She was evidently less than 40 years old at the time of her death, as her father was seen using his Earth abilities at the time of the Serpentine War, which took place 40 years prior to The Hands of Time, and Elemental Masters lose their abilities when they pass them on to their children.
- While Cole has Lou's eyebrows in his pre-Season 8 design, they more closely resemble Lilly's in his current design.