The Maaray Guards are the guardians of Merlopia.
- 1 History
- 1.1 The Tale of Benthomaar (flashback)
- 1.2 Unsinkable
- 1.3 Five Thousand Fathoms Down
- 1.4 The Wrath of Kalmaar
- 1.5 Long Live the King
- 1.6 Escape from Merlopia
- 1.7 The Storm Amulet
- 1.8 Riddle of the Sphinx
- 1.9 Papergirl
- 1.10 Master of the Sea
- 1.11 Assault on Ninjago City
- 1.12 Nyad
- 1.13 The Turn of the Tide
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Members
- 4 Official description
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Videos
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
The Tale of Benthomaar (flashback)
Two of the Maaray Guards rode on top of a manta ray to sink the Hydro Bounty.
After Nya and Maya were saved by the others, the Maaray Guards surround the Hydro Bounty and told them to come with them to Merlopia or be attacked. The ninja have no choice and followed them. In the palace, Kalmaar attacked his father and two guards on Trimaar's side, and lied to the guards about the attack, blaming it on the ninja. The guards chase the ninja.
The ninja took cover behind Benthomaar, who helped them escape Merlopia. They eventually found out that Benthomaar being in league with the ninja then they learned that he lied to them. The guards and Kalmaar hunt down the ninja throughout Merlopia until they get into a closing cave.
Kalmaar and his guards meet the ninja at the Island of the Keepers. Upon discovering that the real Storm Amulet was at the Explorers Club, the Maaray Guards watched Kalmaar destroyed the Hydro Bounty then later made their way to Ninjago City.
The Maaray Guards were with Kalmaar at Ninjago Harbor, but were stopped by Wu and the other ninja. The Maaray Guards fought them off as the ninja that were stuck on the Island of the Keepers arrived. The Maaray Guards then retreated as Kalmaar got away with the Storm Amulet.
As Lloyd saved a group of kids at Benny's Arcade Emporium, he was attacked by the Maaray Guards, but Benthomaar, Kai, Zane, and Cole arrive to fight them later During the fight, Benthomaar attempted to tell them the truth about Trimaar's death, but they believe he is a traitor and continued to attack them.
The ninja retreat from the guards as Wu calls them. Kalmaar dismounts Wojira and the guards helped him look around for the ninja. Gripe then told Kalmaar that he has found someone who could tell them the location of the ninja. Once they confront the Police Commissioner, they then see Nya in her new form, prepared to fight.
Maaray Guards are black in color and have an eel-like body with legs and cyan eyes, teeth, and body and head parts. Some individuals also have green color parts instead cyan.
Uh oh! Looks like the ninja have ran into some Maraay Guards - the guardians of Merlopia! These guys do not, repeat: do not, like surface dwellers.
- 71750 Lloyd's Hydro Mech
- 71752 Ninja Sub Speeder (x2)
- 71754 Water Dragon (x2)
- 71755 Temple of the Endless Sea (x2)
- 71756 Hydro Bounty
- 892182 Maraay Guard
- 167. "Unsinkable" (no lines)
- 168. "Five Thousand Fathoms Down" (no lines)
- 169. "The Wrath of Kalmaar"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 171. "Escape from Merlopia"
- 172. "The Tale of Benthomaar" (flashback)
- 173. "The Storm Amulet"
- 174. "Riddle of the Sphinx" (no lines)
- 175. "Papergirl"
- 176. "Master of the Sea"
- 178. "Assault on Ninjago City"
- 179. "Nyad"
- 180. "The Turn of the Tide"
- 5. "Golden Hour" (no lines)
- LEGO Brawls (non-canon)
- In LEGO Brawls and the Ninja vs. Maraay Guards video, their names are mispelled as "Maraay Guards."
- Despite being eel-like, they share some similarities with snakes.
- Most of them were deceived into thinking that Trimaar was killed by the ninja. Gripe is the only one who is confirmed to know that Kalmaar was the one who actually killed Trimaar.
- The other two guards who witnessed the murder of Trimaar were immediately killed by Kalmaar.
- They are very similar to the Army of Shintaro, as both groups guard their respective kingdoms, take orders from the royal families of their kingdoms, and in both groups all members use the same weapon.
- Both the Maaray Guards and the Army of Shintaro were also deceived by corrupt rulers into believing the ninja were the enemy in the show.
- The minifigures wield a variety of weapons, all with a dragon hilt, while the Maaray Guards in the show all wield the same trident.