Alexander Mackenzie Gray (born November 22, 1957) (usually known as Mackenzie Gray) is a Canadian voice actor who has worked in the film industry for over thirty years. He provides the voice of Fangtom, Museum Curator and formerly Mystake in Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
- Originally, Mackenzie Gray worked under his first name, Alexander. He started using his middle name to avoid confusion with Alexander Gray, a veteran opera singer. The change was made during the Stratford Film Festival, at the suggestion of John Neville.
- The name "Alexander Gray" is also associated with a nineteenth-century poet, an officer in the RAF, a fellow actor best remembered for his work in No, No, Nanette, and Wisconsin's fourth Secretary of State.
- Moreover, there are several people named "Alex Gray," including an ice hockey player, a Scottish author, and a rugby union player.
- Mackenzie Gray has dual citizenship in Canada and the United Kingdom, having studied in London, England for several years before returning to Canada to complete his training.
- His other credentials include Iron Man: Armored Adventures (Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger), The Kennedys (Senator Russell), Stargate: Infinity (Pahk'kal), Smallville (Lex Luthor, the final season only), and Babylon 5. Occasionally, he is credited as "Mackenzie Grey" or "MacKenzie Gray."
- Apart from acting, Mackenzie Gray has worked as a director for several films and television shorts, including several vignettes for Sesame Street in the 1980s. He also taught "Film History" at the Art Institute of Vancouver for five years, and currently teaches "Acting for Film" at the University of British Columbia.
- He has written and acted in several stage productions. Notably, he appeared in the 21st-anniversary production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, playing Dr. Frank N. Furter.
- Mackenzie Gray was the lead singer and rhythm guitarist for "The Fridge Stickers," a popular local rock band from Toronto.
- He and Alessandro Juliani performed in Man of Steel.
- He, along with Adrian Petriw, Vincent Tong, Dean Redman, Michael Adamthwaite, Ashleigh Ball, Michael Daingerfield, Michael Dobson, Brian Drummond, Andrew Francis, Michael Kopsa, Richard Newman, Mark Oliver, Tabitha St. Germain, and Lee Tockar voiced characters in Iron Man: Armor Adventures.