|“You have recklessly endangered a peace between humans and Serpentine that has existed for millennia. Your foolishness has put me in . . . a difficult position.”|
|— Mambo V, to Wu and Garmadon|
King Mambo V was the leader of the Serpentine tribe that would eventually be known as the Pyro Vipers in ancient times. He and the First Spinjitzu Master agreed-upon peace between humans and Serpentine, under the terms that neither of the two kinds crossover into each other's land.
A young Serpentine sorceress named Aspheera used the power of Spinjitzu to overthrow him, but she was defeated by Wu and Garmadon using Forbidden Spinjitzu, restoring him to power. He sentenced Aspheera to magical entombment.
He was originally a Serpentine tribe's king, and he ruled over a valley where his subjects would build legendary pyramids.
Acidicus mentioned that Aspheera tried to overthrow him.
Never Trust a Human (Flashback)
Wu and Garmadon were captured and brought to him. As they are the sons of the First Spinjitzu Master, he chose to imprison them, intent on keeping them jailed until their father arrived to take them back. However, Aspheera freed them and deposed Mambo the Fifth only to be defeated by Wu and Garmadon. He was put back into power and spent the rest of his life as his tribe's ruler.
Mambo was a humanoid Indian Cobra-like creature whose bottom half was a snake's tail while he had arms and hands. He had red eyes that had a ripple pattern in them and his body was covered in dark teal scales. He also had a regal gold and black marking of a bee on his forehead while his neck scales are similar to the markings of the masks of Egyptian pharaoh mummies as he wears a gold crown-like headdress with a gold cobra head and an aqua jewel on top. He also wears a unique tan and gold robe with golden shoulder armor that is shaped like an Indian Cobra head on each shoulder and a golden belt.
- 109. "Never Trust a Human" (Flashback)
- His name is a reference to the Lou Bega song, "Mambo No. 5."
- It could also be a pun on the Black Mamba, a venomous snake native to Africa.
- He is one of the twelve Serpentine whose name is mentioned in the show, the others being Skales, Skales Jr., Pythor, Arcturus, Acidicus, Clancee, Blunck, Raggmunk, Machia, Aspheera, and Char.
- He is similar to Arcturus, as both were leaders of a Serpentine tribe and have a history with Wu and Garmadon.
- His neck scales are similar to the markings of the masks of Egyptian pharaoh mummies.
- He also wears a neme, a headdress of ancient Egyptian pharaohs.