|This article is a stub.
You can help Ninjago Wiki by expanding it.
|“You have recklessly endangered a peace between humans and Serpentine that has existed for millennia. Your foolishness has put me in. . . a difficult position.”|
|— Mambo the Fifth, to Wu and Garmadon|
King Mambo the Fifth was the leader of the Serpentine tribe that would eventually be known as the Pyro Vipers in ancient times. He and the First Spinjitzu Master agreed upon peace between humans and Serpentine, under the terms that neither of the two kinds crossover into each other's land.
A young Serpentine sorceress named Aspheera used the power of Spinjitzu to overthrow him, but she was defeated by Wu and Garmadon using Forbidden Spinjitzu, restoring him to power. He sentenced Aspheera to magical entombment.
He was originally a Serpentine tribe's king, and he ruled over a valley where his subjects would build legendary pyramids.
Acidicus mentioned that Aspheera tried to overthrow him.
Never Trust a Human (Flashback)
Wu and Garmadon were captured and brought to him. As they are the sons of the First Spinjitzu Master, he is unable to execute them and so he imprisoned them, intent on keeping them jailed until their father arrived to take them back. However, Aspheera freed them and deposed Mambo the Fifth only to be defeated by Wu and Garmadon. He was put back into power and spent the rest of his life as his tribe's ruler.
- 109. "Never Trust a Human" (Flashback)
- His name is a reference to the Lou Bega song, "Mambo No. 5."
- It could also be a pun on the Black Mamba, a venomous snake native to Africa.
- He is one of the nine Serpentine whose name is mentioned in the show, the others being Skales, Skales Jr., Pythor, Arcturus, Acidicus, Clancee, Aspheera, and Char.
- He is similar to Arcturus, as both were leaders of a Serpentine tribe and have history with Wu and Garmadon.
- It is possible that the great golden Serpentine sarcophagus that was seen many times is actually the coffin of King Mambo, which would explain why Aspheera could identify him and decided not to release him, and why he did not appear to stop Aspheera when she took control of the tribe.