- 1 History
- 2 Specific manta rays
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
The Tale of Benthomaar (flashback)
Trimaar and Kalmaar use the rays when passing around a sunken ship, years later. Kalmaar and Benthomaar use them to venture the Tartarus Trench, though Bentho is knocked off of his.
The manta rays are used by Maaray Guards to attack the ninja.
Maraay Guards use the manta rays to search for the ninja.
Specific manta rays
- Torpedoes: The manta rays are equipped with missile launchers that shoot fast and powerful torpedoes by the press of a button.
- Speed: Manta rays are relatively quick traveling in the ocean.
- Saddle: Manta rays have saddles that allow Merlopians to ride on them.
- Electrokinesis/Fulgurkinesis (non-canon) - Due to being represented as stingrays, the manta rays can create, generate, increase, absorb, conduct, shape, and manipulate electricity of various intensities, stunning their opponents.
- 167. "Unsinkable"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 171. "Escape from Merlopia"
- 172. "The Tale of Benthomaar" (flashback)
- 173. "The Storm Amulet"
- 176. "Master of the Sea"
- 177. "The Calm Before the Storm" (flashback)
- 178. "Assault on Ninjago City"
- 179. "Nyad"
- 5. "Golden Hour"
- LEGO Brawls (non-canon)
- They are called through a clicking sound made by Merlopians using their mouths.
- They participate in royal manta races, likely a reference to horse racing.
- One manta ray is named "Undersea Biscuit", which is a reference to a real racing horse named "Seabiscuit".
- In LEGO Brawls and the Ninjago Magazine, they're portrayed as stingrays instead.