|“There's more to Spinjitzu than spinning, kicking, and whipping.”|
|— Wu to Kai|
|Season Mini-Series, Episode 1|
|Air date||December 19, 2018|
|Written by||Tommy Andreasen|
|Directed by||Rolf Rolf|
"Green and Gold"
Master Class is the first short film from the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu mini-series based around the Ninja and Master Wu, taking place sometime before the tenth season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
Ninja sharpens ninja! Master Wu makes it clear to the ninja that just because they’re Golden now, there’s more to Spinjitzu than spinning, kicking and whipping. Like trying not tripping over their own feet, for one thing! And knowing your worst enemy – how to turn their strength into yours and make them your friend. Can the ninja remember the keys to unlocking the full power of Spinjitzu?
Master Wu gives the ninja a review in Spinjitzu, teaching them balance conquering fear, focus, and teamwork. In the process of learning the lesson in teamwork, the ninja spill the painter's bowl of golden paint, which in turn covers Master Wu and Kai. Wu then says they are golden and concludes the lessons.
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Wu is the focus character of this episode.
- Cole, Zane, Lloyd, and Nya appear, but they do not have lines.
- This is the only episode of Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu to not feature any antagonists and to take place in the present day for its entirety.
- This episode is modeled after 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu, though Wyplash, who is present in the set, does not appear in the episode.
- Master Wu holds the book that is reference to The Book of Spinjitzu.
- Cole is somehow able to cut a fruit with his hammer even though hammers are unable to cut objects, unlike the other ninja's weapons.
- In the same way, Jay is able to cut fruit with his nunchucks even though there are no sharp ends.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.