- Were you looking for the set?
The Master Wu Dragon is a mystical creature summoned by Wu.
- 1 History
- 2 LEGO.com description
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Wu summoned his Elemental Dragon to destroy the cage he, Misako, and several villagers were trapped in.
Many secrets remain about the true extent of Master Wu’s powers and abilities. Although he is not an Elemental Master, he has the willpower to be able to summon a dragon to aid him. While Wu is able to call upon this white and gold dragon, as the other ninja can theirs, there is evidence that Wu’s dragon can affect the physical world in ways that Elemental Dragons cannot. The true nature of this dragon remains a mystery.
- 92. "Saving Faith" (flashback)
- LEGO Dimensions (non-canon)
- Wu implies he has been able to summon this dragon for quite some time, but he chose not, to as "a sensei never tells."
- This raises the question to why Wu never used it much in the past, as he has had the most onscreen near-death experiences of any character and could have used the dragon to save himself. However, it's possible his fear has been holding him back.
- It's also possible that he had never unlocked his dragon until sometime before the events of Possession.
- Wu most likely unlocked the dragon after confessing his feelings for Misako. Before that, his guilt over letting his brother get bitten by the Great Devourer was what held him back from unlocking his dragon. This is consistent with the scene in "Tick Tock" where Wu recollected the time of Garmadon's bite, stating, "I too have obstacles within my own heart."
- According to Tommy Andreasen, this dragon is a unique, as Creation, the power used to conjure it, is not an element. However, the 2016 Character Encyclopedia calls it "Elemental Creation Dragon" in the page's subtitle, and Andreasen later referred to it as "Wu’s elemental dragon."
- The 2019 Visual Dictionary describes the dragon ambigiously, stating that "Wu can call upon the dragon just as the ninja can call upon their Elemental Dragons."
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Wu called the dragon "Goldie".
- When asked if the dragon was an older version of the First Spinjitzu Master's Golden Dragon, Tommy Andreasen said this was "Not explored," meaning the possibility is not out of the picture.
- The way Wu summons the dragon in "Stiix and Stones" is similar to the arm movements Lloyd performs before doing Spinjitzu as of Season 8.
- Unlike the Elemental Dragons, this dragon seems more physical, as it doesn't disappear when Wu does not sit on it. This is also confirmed by the official description, which states that there is evidence that Wu's dragon can affect the physical world in ways that Elemental Dragons cannot.