|“Since ancient times, the hills around this monastery have been populated by a species of highly aggressive predator.”|
|— Wu to the ninja, "Wasted True Potential"|
- 1 History
- 2 Animal Life
- 3 Vegetation
- 4 Locations
- 5 Inhabitants
- 6 Visitors
- 7 Appearance
- 8 Appearances
- 8.1 LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 8.1.1 Pilot episodes
- 8.1.2 Mini-movies
- 8.1.3 Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
- 8.1.4 Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja
- 8.1.5 Season 3: Rebooted
- 8.1.6 Season 5: Possession
- 8.1.7 Season 6: Skybound
- 8.1.8 Day of the Departed
- 8.1.9 Season 7: The Hands of Time
- 8.1.10 Season 9: Hunted
- 8.1.11 Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu
- 8.1.12 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 8.1.13 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 8.1.14 Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 8.1.15 Season 12: Prime Empire
- 8.1.16 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 8.2 Books
- 8.3 Plays
- 8.4 Video games
- 8.1 LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 10.1 Promotional media
- 10.2 In LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 10.2.1 Pilot episodes
- 10.2.2 Mini-movies
- 10.2.3 Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
- 10.2.4 Season 5: Possession
- 10.2.5 Season 6: Skybound
- 10.2.6 Day of the Departed
- 10.2.7 Season 7: The Hands of Time
- 10.2.8 Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu
- 10.2.9 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 10.2.10 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 10.2.11 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 10.2.12 In other media
- 11 References
- Ninja Squirrels
- Ninja Bunnies
- Ninja Tortoises
- Flame (formerly; deceased)
- Shard (formerly; deceased)
- Rocky (formerly; deceased)
- Wisp (formerly; deceased)
- Great Devourer (briefly, deceased)
The Monastery of Spinjitzu is a structure built atop the tallest of the mountains. It originally served as the home of the First Spinjitzu Master, his sons and later as the home of the ninja and P.I.X.A.L. The Monastery is hexagonal in shape, with the main building built out of the three back walls. A tall white wall with red highlights and black shingle roofing protected the other three sides with a heavy wooded door carved out of the center one. Between the wall and the building was a large courtyard that held a retractable training course, which could be activated using a secret button in a dragon statue by the main gate.
The Bell of Divinity is one of the Monastery of Spinjitzu's enormous bells located in the mountains. The ninja used it as a hot tub when they got lazy after the Oni Invasion. The bell is made of heavy metal, probably copper and gold. There are many ornaments on it, which also resemble snake scales. At the top of the bell is a large chain. At some point, the bell ceased to be used and was placed in the lower part of the same mountain where the monastery stands. After Oni Invasion, the ninja supported the bell with wooden supports and attached a wooden platform to give them easier access to the inside of the bell, where they filled the water.
The Hangar Bay is an underground base P.I.X.A.L. built to serve as a storage for the ninjas' mechs and vehicles, located inside the mountain, beneath the monastery. Its main purpose was to act as a garage for P.I.X.A.L.'s Samurai X Mech, the Destiny's Bounty, and the new joint tactical vehicles she built such as the Land Bounty, the Rock Cycle, and the Katana 4x4. It was also built to act as a stationary base of operations for the ninja due to all the previous bases being portable.
Dragon cabinets (destroyed)
The Dragon cabinets were stables where ninjas' dragons lived. It was located on the same mountain as the monastery, which when burned down, the stables were destroyed. They were four large caves with wooden gates with a horseshoe symbol. At the top of each stable was a lantern.
Table and sakura trees
At the same mountain as the monastery is a sakura tree, next to which was a wooden table on which the ninja and Wu ate fruit while training. However, the table is not always there, but it is placed here only occasionally. The sakura tree was also originally located close to the monastery wall, but after the reconstruction it was moved or planted a new one a little lower on the mountain. Another sakura tree is also located on a smaller mountain with stairs, a short walk from the stone bridge.
On two tall mountains, stairs were once carved into the rock, leading from the rice fields below the mountains to the top, to the monastery. At the top of the first mountain there is a rocky bridge that can be used to get to the next stairs on the tallest mountain. Originally, there were one, smaller staircase that led to the Dragon cabinets, but they are not used in present.
At the outer wall of the monastery there were several trash bins, where homeless children were often rummaged through. They were relatively modern metal lockable trash bins for their time. Wu there met his first student, Morro. At present, these rubbish bins are not in front of the monastery. The reason is unknown.
At the outer wall of the monastery, on the other side as the trash bins, was a small grassland with several bushes. At this point, Wu's katana was lost and Garmadon was bitten by the Great Devourer. During Morro's training in the monastery, this grassland was still in front of the monastery, but it was later removed or wiped out because only the rocks are currently in the same place. Wu also fought the Time Twins here.
During Lilly's training, there was a small forest near the monastery with many shrubs and bamboos. Wu meditated with Lilly in this forest. Although it seems that it is possible to see a monastery behind the forest, it is unknown how this is possible, although the forest could be located on a neighboring mountain.
- First Spinjitzu Master (formerly; deceased)
- Garmadon (formerly)
- Morro (formerly; deceased)
- Wu's students (formerly)
- Elemental Alliance
- Homeless children
- Ninjago citizens
- Cyrus Borg
- Gayle Gossip
- Pyro Vipers
- Cecil Putnam
Mountains of Impossible Height are very high peaks in Ninjago. They cover a relatively large area and most of them are covered with snow and are located above the clouds. On one of the mountains is the Monastery of Spinjitzu, which leads to the stairs that connect the two mountains with a rocky bridge. The mountains are made of gray rock, although sometimes it seems brown. Below the stairs are rice fields, while on the other side, where the gate to Hangar Bay is, there is desert land. The Forest of Tranquility is also nearby. Originally there was rocky soil under the stairs with many coniferous trees, where the Reversal Time Blade was found.
- Despite the enormous height, in "The Darkness Comes" when Firstbourne and Faith came to Ninjago and fall under the mountains, Wu and the ninja run down the stairs surprisingly fast.
- Although the sakura tree is no longer close to the monastery wall, it is located there in the set.
- In the background of 71701 Kai's Fire Dragon and 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu shows that Ignacia is located near the mountains, although this may only be due to the design of the box.
In other media
- Wasted True Potential#Synopsis
- Ninjago: Reimagined
- "Ghost Story"
- Ninja Legend!
- File:MoS95 Dragon Mother.png
- File:Trees under mountain.png