|“For instance, that pale man. A distant relative to the Master of Light. Watch closely and you'll see how he's stayed hidden all these years.”|
|— Master Garmadon describing Mr. Pale to the ninja in "The Invitation"|
Mr. Pale, also referred to as Paleman, is the current Elemental Master of Light who competed in Master Chen's Tournament of Elements alongside the other Elemental Masters of his generation. Mr. Pale witnessed most rounds of the event, but ultimately had his element stolen by Chen in a bid to turn his army into Anacondrai.
Mr. Pale and the Elemental Masters reclaimed their elements, yet Chen's plan still succeeded. Mr. Pale and his allies rallied the people of Ninjago to fight Chen's followers at the Corridor of Elders. Despite their best efforts, they were overpowered by their adversaries until Garmadon sacrificed himself to curse Chen's army.
After the supposed demise of the original ninja, Mr. Pale joined the Resistance to oppose Lord Garmadon's oppressive rule. After getting the support of Ninjago City's civilians by stopping hunt on their allies and Lloyd's speech on TV, Mr. Pale was caught during an ambush on the Resistance base and sent to Kryptarium Prison. Sometime after that, the Resistance members and prisoners of Ultra Hunt, including Mr. Pale escaped Kryptarium to help the ninja. After Lord Garmadon's arrest and city's liberation, Mr. Pale came to celebrate this with the ninja, the Resistance members, and Ninjago City civilians.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Background
- 1.2 Tournament of Elements
- 1.3 Skybound
- 1.4 Hunted
- 2 Appearance
- 3 LEGO.com description
- 4 Appearances
- 4.1 LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 4.2 Video games
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Mr. Pale was one of those invited to participate in the Tournament of Elements. He accepted and met the other Elemental Masters on the New Ninjago City pier at midnight where they were picked up by Clouse to be taken to Chen's Island. While on the ferry, Paleman noticed the ninja watching him and turned invisible much to his onlooker's amazement.
Once on the Island, Mr. Pale was present at Chen's opening ceremony. Once the first challenge began, he fought the other Masters for a Jadeblade. Cole managed to find one, though Mr. Pale vanished and stole it from the Ninja of Earth. However, Cole loosened dust from the floor above them to see Mr. Pale and used Spinjitzu to send him flying. He managed to find another blade however and advanced to the next round of the tournament.
During a meal in the Chow House, Mr. Pale asked the ninja if he could sit with them, but Jay immediately told him to go away. As Cole told him that was rude, but the Ninja of Lightning said he couldn't trust anyone and blames the island for this attitude.
The next morning, Mr. Pale ate breakfast by himself in the Chow House and later observed the four battles that took place throughout the day.
Mr. Pale observed Skylor and Jacob's duel, though became angered at the ninja when their suites were removed and they were all forced to sleep in the Chow House. They were however awoken in the middle of the night by Clouse to partake in the Thunderblade tournament. Like the other Masters, Mr. Pale chose to side with Chamille during the event, though when the ninja revealed Chen's plot to steal their powers, he switched sides and helped Lloyd win. When Chen accused Lloyd of cheating, Mr. Pale threatened to leave the Tournament if the Green Ninja was eliminated.
A secret alliance between the remaining fighters (apart from Shade) was quickly formed, and Mr. Pale attended the banquet that Chen held in honor of making it to the final round. When Lloyd expressed suspicion about the feast, Paleman tipped his hat to assure the Green Ninja that they were still in an alliance. However, he was astounded when Chen revealed that he was in fact stealing powers with the Staff of Elements, and intended to give it to the winner. With this news, Mr. Pale withdrew from the alliance in order to get the staff for himself.
The next day, Mr. Pale and the other remaining fighters boarded Chen's blimp and were flown high above the Island. Once in position, Chen revealed their objective; to parachute down after a few seconds of time and locate Nya. When the floor of the blimp gave way, Mr. Pale desperately tried to grab one of the parachutes and succeeded in stealing Lloyd's.
A little time later Mr. Pale safetly landed on the Island. After that, he was captured by Clouse and Eyezor, and taken before Chen. Clouse stated to prove the hardest to find due to his powers though Mr. Pale claimed that he would never get away with his scheme, Chen dismissed him because he was boring and had him thrown in a Vengestone prison along with the other Masters.
Mr. Pale then watched as the rest of the masters were taken (save Lloyd, who evaded capture and Skylor, who was the spy) and was seen watching Kai get thrown in the cage. He appeared worried, knowing what fate Chen had for them.
Mr. Pale and the remaining Masters were taken to the Anacondrai Temple where their powers were stolen. They were then sent to work in the noodle factory. However, upon arrival, they discovered that the other Masters were already planning a breakout and joined in.
When the time came, Mr. Pale assisted in their escape. When Kai destroyed the Staff of Elements, Paleman's power was restored and before long, the Elemental Masters had taken control of the Island.
Like the other Masters, he stayed at the palace to keep an eye on the Anacondrai warriors and later fought against them when they were transformed by the spell. Soon after Chen led his warriors off the Island, Mr. Pale, like the ninja and the Masters, were able to summon their Elemental Dragons.
Mr. Pale used his light dragon to fly back to Ninjago, only to find that Chen hadn't invaded yet.
He is soon ordered by Lloyd along with the other masters to watch over the city with the other Masters. When twenty noodle trucks began heading out, Mr. Pale and his allies prepare to confront them only to see them going in various directions to presumably attack the villages, Mr. Pale pursued one of them only to find it empty. Like many others, he lost his dragon out of fear and was left stranded which part of Chen's plan to invade without a problem.
After receiving a message from Neuro, Mr. Pale met up with the other Masters in the Samurai X Cave. There, they decided to make their stand against Chen's army in the Corridor of Elders. During the ensuing battle, the Paleman fought bravely against the imposter Anacondrai before watching the spirits of the Anacondrai generals banish the enemy to the Cursed Realm.
Afterward, he celebrated with the other Masters and ninja when victory was achieved, promising future aid when needed.
Mr. Pale sneaks up on Dareth, frightening him, and later says that he has a habit of sneaking up on people and apologizes.
Mr. Pale watches a training fight between Dareth and Karlof, and then start making a plan to return the airwaves. Later, he, Lloyd, Skylor, Neuro, Shade, and Griffin Turner are getting into former Borg Tower, there, Mr. Pale use invisibility to get into an elevator with Harumi, and after her leave, he gets others here. Soon, Skylor combined his and Shade's powers to hide everybody from Lord Garmadon. After that, they break into a television studio and capture Ultra Violet and some SOG members, to shoot Lloyd's speech to people of Ninjago City, and when it ended, they escaped from the studio by breaking a window and drive away with garbage trucks.
Mr. Pale and other Resistance members were celebrating their appearance on TV and support of Ninjago City civilians and discussing more help from several allies.
Mr. Pale was first seen in his cell in Kryptarium, saying "The Resistance never quits!", and after Karlof, Ronin, and Griffin Turner got out from their cell, he was freed by Griffin Turner. Later, he probably went to help the ninja to defeat Colossus. After Lord Garmadon's and SoG biker's arrest, Mr. Pale was at the celebration of victory over Garmadon's forces and the liberation of the city.
Mr. Pale wears a maroon jacket and maroon pants. He wears a lime green shirt under his jacket which is decorated with 100 dollar bills. He also has a golden chain necklace with a medallion on it, gold sunglasses, and a tan fedora. As part of his element of Light, his face is always invisible, and he can turn his whole body invisible too.
Shy and hardly noticeable, Mr. Pale has made a habit of being invisible by having the power to bend and control the light around him. But do not disregard him, because you will never see him coming. He is both fast and a skilled fighter.
- Paleman serves as a boss in LEGO Ninjago: Tournament, with the ability to turn invisible and throw cans at the player. He can be bought as a playable character for 1,000,000 studs.
- He is an unlockable character in LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin.
- Like Tox, Mr. Pale's design is taken from a villain, Invizable, from LEGO's Ultra Agents theme. Invizable's design was used in Ninjago so fans would be able to obtain more of the Elemental Masters in minifigure form. The idea for his original Ultra Agents character was conceived by Tommy Andreasen.
- Even without his elemental power, Mr. Pale's face is still invisible. This is likely due to budgetary reasons, since he is rarely shown upon getting his powers stolen, and his "prisoner" outfit uses the same texture as the other Masters. In-universe, this could mean that Mr. Pale's body is never visible, but his clothes are.
- He is the only elemental fighter (excluding Karlof) not to have a one-on-one Jadeblade fight with anyone in the Tournament of Elements, due Karlof's elimination and the matches being rearranged.
- He is also the only elemental fighter who progressed through the tournament's first-round without fighting at all.
- Mr. Pale is the only Elemental Master of the current generation whose name is unknown.
- The Anacondrai have the same ability to turn invisible.
- He is one of three Elemental Masters who wears shades, the other two being Griffin Turner and Jacob Pevsner.
- In Season 9, his shades appear to have changed from gold to chrome, seeing as the reflection is different.
- Mr. Pale is an unlockable character in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame, under the name "Paleman". His blind bag can be found in the level "Ninjago Beach."
- Mr. Pale is voiced by Kirby Morrow, who voiced two other Elemental Masters in the series, these being Cole and Gravis (Episode 37 only).
- While referred to as Paleman in the video games, he is called Mr. Pale in the credits of the show, the World of Ninjago book, the website, and by Karlof in "Iron & Stone." His name is also spelled "Pale Man" in The Book of Spinjitzu and he was additionally referred to as "THE PALE MAN" on the website.
- When asked who would be the last Elemental Master standing in an attempt to wipe all of them out, Tommy Andreasen said it would be Ash or Paleman, as "they are hard to nail."
The images on Mr. Pale need to be organized.
In other media
- "The Invitation"