|“You said we have a responsibility. It's our job to let people know what's happening.”|
|— Nelson to Antonia in "The News Never Sleeps!"|
Nelson is the honorary Purple Ninja of the ninja. He broke both of his legs while rigorously training to be a ninja, but eventually, they healed. He later got a job as a paperboy, becoming friends with Antonia in the process.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Skybound
- 1.2 Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 1.3 Prime Empire & Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Dareth arranged for the ninja to visit Lil' Nelson and make him an honorary ninja for a day. The ninja stopped by on their way to stop Clouse, remembering their lesson to "not put off what can be done today." However, due to Kai's addiction to his fans, he alerted them about their location and ended up being surrounded.
A fellow fan himself, Lil' Nelson dons a hand-made gi, becomes the Purple Ninja, and helps the ninja by blocking the fans so they can escape to the roof. Lloyd expresses his gratefulness in his assistance, but Lil' Nelson says that he is grateful his wish was granted, thanks to Lloyd and the ninja.
On his first day of delivering newspapers, Nelson wakes up early and gets ready quickly, even before his mother woke up herself. Just as he was about to leave on his bike, his mother gives him his helmet. Putting it on, he leaves for Ninjago City.
Nelson made a cameo in a flashback during Zane's message delivering a newspaper.
Nelson is Antonia's dance partner in Vlad Tutu's dance class. He and the rest of the class watched in awe as Jay showed off his moves.
Nelson is seen helping Antonia with delivering newspapers in Ninjago City.
When Nelson gets a chance to play, he is able to reach level 13 but disappears into the game when he actually enters Prime Empire.
Nelson is among the crowd of spectators for the Speedway Five-Billion.
Nelson was among the people released from Prime Empire.
Nelson was seen walking around the arcade, and later cheering for Jaya.
Nelson is a boy with light brown hair combed to the side. He has a generic child's face from LEGO City, although he doesn't have the freckles he has in sets.
In Season 6, Nelson wears a self-made purple gi and has leg casts, due to his injuries.
In Season 11, Nelson is shown to be a little taller, wearing a purple sweatshirt with white Ninjago letters "PN" for "Purple Ninja," and light blue pants. While working, Nelson wears a green backpack.
- 55. "Infamous"
- 129. "Would You Like to Enter Prime Empire?" (no lines)
- 138. "Racer Seven" (no lines)
- 139. "The Speedway Five-Billion" (no lines)
- 144. "Game Over" (no lines)
- Nelson is named after Nelson LaMonica, the Ninjago Brand Director.
- His original torso design resembles Kai's Techno suit.
- His Minifigure has a somewhat different torso design than his show appearance.
- He uses the hairpiece of Larry the Barista from The LEGO Movie, which is later used on Tony.
- He is the third honorary ninja to appear in the series, the first two being Dareth and Skylor.
- Despite being restrained to a wheelchair due to his injury, he developed impressive ninja-like techniques in moving around that impressed even the ninja.
- It is also shown that aside from his legs, he also once broke his entire body, arm, skull, and once lost a tooth. This strongly indicates he is incredibly accident-prone, although this may be due to his training to develop his ninja-like skills that were shown in "Infamous".
- Around the time of Season 6, Tommy Andreasen said Nelson was 7 years old. Nelson's voice actor, David Raynolds, considers him to be a teenager as of Season 11.
- As Nelson sounds and act a few years older than he would be if he was 7 at the time of Season 6, it's possible this is a case of the show contradicting creator statements from the past, similar to the Departed Realm being accessible by Traveler's Tea.
- When asked about Nelson's age once more, Tommy Andreasen more said "Whatever age you personally think. We don't define ages. He does have a job though."
- Though he appeared in the Rock Roader set for "Day of the Departed," Nelson did not appear in the special. According to Tommy Andreasen, his part was taken out because "The idea was to isolate Cole".
- In the Rock Roader set, he had an actual Spinner game card. The card was Kendo Cole.
- Despite the fact that Nelson does not have freckles in the show, his minifigure has them. This is because his minifigure reuses a generic LEGO City child face print.
- He has grown and is the first character to have mid-legs (posable short legs introduced by LEGO in 2018) in the show.
- This is yet to be represented by a physical minifigure.
- He lives in the same village the Sons of Garmadon attacked in "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago" and most likely the same one Harumi and her birth parents lived in before moving to Ninjago City as revealed in "Samurai X-Treme."
- Nelson knows CPR.
- His favorite ice cream in Dairy Dragon is Banadakhan.
The images on Nelson need to be organized.