- For other uses, see Nindroids (disambiguation).
This template has been added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
Believed to be an orphan, Zane lived a mysterious life until discovered by Master Wu and taken in as a student. Despite feeling overwhelmed with his new friends, the Ice Ninja still felt disappointed with his unknown past. Up upon till a special discovery with a mysterious Falcon, Zane and the ninja met many important missions; though they did not expect one adventure to lead them to a hidden workshop, only to witness the fact that Zane was not only special—he was a Nindroid, built to protect others.
After the Golden Ninja defeated the Overlord, the ninja became teachers with the exception of Lloyd. Soon, Nya reported a trip to Borg Industries, whereas Zane met P.I.X.A.L., an android based on Zane. When the Overlord virus turned P.I.X.A.L. aggressive, she used her previous scan of Zane and upgraded his schematics to mane a more up-to-date robot army.
Upon facing the Nindroids surrounding P.I.X.A.L., Zane encountered General Cryptor, a brand-new Nindroid based on his own design while also upgraded with superior abilities.
While thinking of a means to use Jay's last wish against Nadakhan, both he and Nya unexpectedly encounter Echo Zane, an inferior copy of Zane built from scrap parts but with the same programming to protect others. Although this Nindroid is prone to falling apart, he proves his worth during the raid on Lighthouse Island.
After discovering Snake Jaguar is Zane in disguise, Mr. E and Zane fought each other using their motorcycles. Zane is still in the belief that Mr. E is the Quiet One, but instead, it turns out Mr. E is a Nindroid just like Zane.
Weapons and abilities
- Battering ram - Zane is able to become stiff in order to be used as a battering ram.
- Breathing apparatus - Zane and P.I.X.A.L. can breathe normally underwater without the need of a scuba tank.
- Event visualization - Zane can visualize any event that has happened, even events for which he was not present.
- Selective memory - Zane can upgrade the visualization making everyone to resemble their current appearances.
- Falcon Vision - Zane is able to see through the eyes of the Falcon.
- Music - Zane can play musical recordings from his body.
- Head rotation - Zane's head is able to fully rotate around.
- Superhuman durability - Zane is able to survive harsh environments, such as Beohernie's stomach, more easily.
- Holographic projection - Zane is able to create both 2D and 3D blue holographic projections from his eyes.
- Illumination - Zane is able to glow in order for him and his friends to see in the dark.
- Cooling: Zane is able to open a hatch on his arm and cool down objects like Jay's pudding.
- Prediction - Zane and P.I.X.A.L. can survey their environments and predict the likelihood of a possible outcome or tell whether or not there are any better options.
- Scanning - P.I.X.A.L. is able to scan a given area as well as other androids, and Zane is able to scan an area, vehicle, or human for various signs.
- Shurikens - Zane has a hidden shuriken drill in his arm and was at one point able to produce explosive shurikens. Echo Zane is also able to produce shurikens.
- Wall crawling - Echo Zane was able to walk on the ceiling.
- Zane's holographic cloak - Zane is able to change his appearance.
See also: Zane#Abilities & Weapons.
- Gear lock-up - At least in his original body, Zane's gears could lock up after extended periods of arm movement.
- Hacking susceptibility - Zane was able to be hacked by Ronin and shut down from within. The Digital Overlord was able to almost permanently corrupt Zane from within.
- Memory wipe - If interrupted during a reboot process, Zane can lose his memory, making him susceptible to manipulation.
- Remote control - Zane was able to be controlled by an "Ultra-remote" from New Ninjago City.
- Voice module damage - Zane's voice module is susceptible to blunt force damage, which has been shown to reverse his speech or make him speak gibberish.
- Jay coined the term "Nindroid" in "Tick Tock", as he mixed the words "ninja" and "android." It is implied that Jay named Nindroids, since no one was aware of the name.
- As shown in the first two seasons, Zane, in his original body, was able to open his chest like a cabinet. However, the outline of his chest panel was only visible in various scenes where his status as a Nindroid is particularly relevant, such as when he played the Sacred Flute recording to the other ninja in "Day of the Great Devourer."
- All of the evil Nindroids were built by P.I.X.A.L. (when she was controlled by the Overlord) and based on Zane's design.
- Cyrus Borg's security droids (seen in "The Invitation") look identical to the evil Nindroids, but they work for good instead of evil. However, as of "Public Enemy Number One," the Nindroids at Hiroshi's Labyrinth, including a Nindroid leader resembling Cryptor, have white armor/clothing.
- Stickered 2x2 tiles depicting the blueprints for Zane and the Falcon are included in 70594 The Lighthouse Siege.
- Mr. E is the only evil Nindroid who is not known to serve the Overlord.
- Mr. E was originally going to be Echo Zane. See their individual pages for more information.
- Zane and P.I.X.A.L. both have a "programmed soul."
- Although the Robot Manager, the Red Visors, and the Admin Droid are androids, they aren't nindroids, because they have no ninja abilities.
- Mr. E is the only nindroid not know to be built by Dr. Julien or was built according to Zane's original plans. However, since his true identity was originally to be Echo Zane, it would mean that he fits into this group.
Traits and abilities
The images on Nindroids need to be organized.
- Character Encyclopedia New Edition
- "Double Trouble"
- The Wrath of Kalmaar
- Long Live the King
- "Elemental Rider"
- "Tick Tock"
- "The Forgotten Element"
- "Ninjaball Run"
- "The Surge"
- "The Belly of the Beast"
- "Public Enemy Number One"
- "The Crooked Path"
- "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master"
- "The Art of the Silent Fist"
- "Day of the Great Devourer"
- "Grave Danger"
- "A Line in the Sand"
- "Lost in Time"
- "Spy for a Spy"
- "The Last Resort"
- "Darkness Shall Rise"
- "Greatest Battles"
- "Stiix and Stones"