It’s 2021! The year LEGO NINJAGO celebrates 10 years of stories and play. A legacy of memorable ninja adventures. Friendship. Dragons. Epic Battles. And everything else you know and love! To celebrate this wonderful action-packed world, we’re releasing a series of original short films. Each one will tell an exciting new story in ways never seen before! This is NINJAGO Reimagined. Five short films featuring your favorite NINJAGO characters: Kai, Cole, Lloyd, Zane, Jay, Nya, and of course the wise Master Wu. Are you excited yet? Get ready for a new adventure!
|Season Ep #||Series Ep #||Image||Episode name||Airdate|
|1||Mini-movie||"Golden Legend"||April 23, 2021|
|2||Mini-movie||"Gold Rush"||April 30, 2021|
|3||Mini-movie||"A Day in the Life of a Golden Ninja"||May 7, 2021|
|4||Mini-movie||"Sweatin' to the Goldies"||May 14, 2021|
|5||Mini-movie||"TBA"||May 21, 2021|
- All of the shorts are stand-alone with no connections to one another.
- Each of the titles for each of the shorts have a word relating to "Gold", such as "Golden".
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the canon status of these shorts is up to interpretation. According to Chris Wyatt, "[Golden Legend] isn't in canon. With one big exception, the Legacy shorts are just "what ifs."
- The Prime Empire music is featured in the trailer.
- According to Chris Wyatt, they worked with different animation studios from around the world to make the short films
- "Golden Legend" was animated by Sun Creature Studio.
- "Gold Rush" was animated by TAIKO Studios.
- "A Day in the Life of a Golden Ninja" was animated by WildBrain.
- "Sweatin' to the Goldies" was animated by CC Pixels Productions.
- However, it has an uncanny resemblance to WILFilm's animation in rigging, details, and lighting, as well as the flex.
- Wu's young look is a combination of his Honor robe and Teen Wu's design from Hunted. This look is very similar to his look in Spinjitzu Brothers.
- The trailer briefly appears to show Wu aboard the Iron Doom, but with his younger, teen appearance.
- This implies he is de-aging while on the Iron Doom.
- It also shows Wu and the Time Twins fighting outside of the monastery at the same time as child Wu and Garmadon. This may mean they are warping into different time periods.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the musical piece for the trailer was recorded the day before the trailer was released.
- "Sweatin' to the Goldies" is based on a fan's idea, as part of beta testing for LEGO World Builder.
- This is similar to Marvel's What If...? series. Both are 2021 animated anthologies based on existing franchises, and both consist of episodes showing "re-imagined" or "spin-off" stories from the main story line.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, "One of our thoughts with these was, that they would be great to inspire other creators. So, by all means go create!"
- In the trailer for Reimagined, only footage of four shorts are shown.
- Tommy Andreasen posted a drawing of Wu and the Time Twins on his Twitter on May 8, 2021, which he never finished, describing that "next week would probably be a good time to do so," indicating that the penultimate short would focus on Wu's fight with the Time Twins.