It’s 2021! The year LEGO NINJAGO celebrates 10 years of stories and play. A legacy of memorable ninja adventures. Friendship. Dragons. Epic Battles. And everything else you know and love! To celebrate this wonderful action-packed world, we’re releasing a series of original short films. Each one will tell an exciting new story in ways never seen before! This is NINJAGO Reimagined. Five short films featuring your favorite NINJAGO characters: Kai, Cole, Lloyd, Zane, Jay, Nya, and of course the wise Master Wu. Are you excited yet? Get ready for a new adventure!
- Acronix - Ian Hanlin
- Clutch Powers - Ian James Corlett
- Cyrus Borg - Lee Tockar
- Dragon keeper - Dave Pettitt
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Krux - Michael Daingerfield
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels (archival audio)
- Narrator of "A Day in the Life of a Golden Ninja" - Jim Conrad
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Reflectra - Erin Mathews
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller, Gabriel Brown (singing)
|Season Ep #||Series Ep #||Image||Episode name||Airdate|
|1||Mini-movie||"Golden Legend"||April 23, 2021|
|2||Mini-movie||"Gold Rush"||April 30, 2021|
|3||Mini-movie||"A Day in the Life of a Golden Ninja"||May 7, 2021|
|4||Mini-movie||"Sweatin' to the Goldies"||May 14, 2021|
|5||Mini-movie||"Golden Hour"||May 16, 2021 (Roku TV)|
May 21 (YouTube)
- All of the shorts are stand-alone with no connections to one another.
- Each of the titles for each of the shorts have a word relating to "Gold", such as "Golden".
- Two of the shorts, "Gold Rush" and "Sweatin' to the Goldies," incorporate the ninja's Golden Legacy suits into the story.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the canon status of these shorts is up to interpretation. According to Chris Wyatt, "Golden Legend" is non-canon and "With one big exception, the Legacy shorts are just "what ifs." When asked about which short is the big exception, Wyatt clarified that it was "Golden Hour."
- The Prime Empire music is featured in the trailer.
- According to Chris Wyatt, they worked with different animation studios from around the world to make the short films.
- "Golden Legend" was animated by Sun Creature Studio.
- "Gold Rush" was animated by Taiko Studios.
- Both "A Day in the Life of a Golden Ninja" and "Sweatin' to the Goldies" were animated by WildBrain.
- "Golden Hour" was animated by CC Pixels Productions.
- However, it has an intentional resemblance to WILFilm's animation in rigging, details, and lighting, as well as the flex.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the musical piece for the trailer was recorded the day before the trailer was released.
- Two shorts include fans' ideas.
- This is similar to Marvel's What If...? series. Both are 2021 animated anthologies based on existing franchises, and both consist of episodes showing "re-imagined" or "spin-off" stories from the main story line.
- This series is also similar to Star Wars: Visions. Both are also "re-imagined" stories of their respective franchises, and are both collaborations between many different animation studios.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, "One of our thoughts with these was, that they would be great to inspire other creators. So, by all means go create!"
- "Sweatin' to the Goldies" is the only short that does not have footage in the trailer.
- Tommy Andreasen posted a drawing of Wu and the Time Twins on his Twitter on May 8, 2021, which he never finished, describing that "next week would probably be a good time to do so," indicating that the penultimate short would focus on Wu's fight with the Time Twins. However, it turned out that it was the final one instead.