“This mural will remind and help us remember. It is our collective history captured in a single image.”
After Garmadon's defeat, the ninja decided to return to the Mountains of Impossible Height, where they had built the new Monastery of Spinjitzu. On one of its walls, Wu gave the monks the task of painting a mural depicting the history of the ninja.
List of characters appearing in the murals
||Rise of the Snakes
||Legacy of the Green Ninja
||Tournament of Elements
||Dark Island Trilogy
||The Hands of Time
||Sons of Garmadon
|Sons of Garmadon||Appears|
- 1. "Master Class"
- 2. "Green and Gold"
- 3. "The Weekend Drill"
- 4. "Elemental Rider"
- 5. "Blue Lightning"
- 6. "Samurai X-Treme"
- 1. "Let's Dance"
- 145. "Shintaro"
- 186. "A Painful Promise"
- Many events of the previous seasons are shown, as well as the main villains and focus ninja of the seasons.
- The reason why there is no mural of "Day of the Departed" is that it is a short and small event that does not have an impact on the land of Ninjago. However, Tommy Andreasen regrets not making a mural for it.
- A vastly simplified version of the mural appears as stickered elements on the walls of the Legacy Monastery remake.
- A few errors are present in the March of the Oni intro. Garmadon is missing his armor and additional arms in the Legacy of the Green Ninja mural, the Dark Island Trilogy is shown before Skybound, and Lloyd is seen wearing his Hunted suit in the Sons of Garmadon mural, while he wears his Resistance suit in the Hunted mural. While he did wear this suit towards the end of the season finale, "Green Destiny", it was not as prominent.
- Wyplash is the only Skulkin general not present in the mural. The other three are depicted in the pilot episodes mural. This is probably because Wyplash did not appear in the pilot episodes.
- In the Dark Island Trilogy mural, the ninja are wearing their Destiny suits from Skybound. However, they were never worn in the novels, they were wearing their Honor suits.
- Nya is also absent from the Dark Island Trilogy mural for unknown reasons.
- Despite the fact that bo staff looks like a bamboo staff in the show, on the mural it looks the same as in the sets.
- Cyrus Borg's appearances in the mural use his March of the Oni hair despite picturing him from earlier seasons when his hair was different.
- Lloyd's image is reversed in the Sons of Garmadon mural.
- When releasing close-up images of the murals from Skybound onward, Tommy Andreasen provided additional information and trivia about the respective installments.
- Despite appearing in the new seasons, no new murals dedicated to the events of Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, Prime Empire, Master of the Mountain, The Island, and Seabound have appeared.
- The ninja may create murals for these events when they are less busy.
In set form
- 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu#LEGO.com description