|“Normally, I'd rely on the help of the ninja. But they're trapped inside a magical sword. Go figure. So I've come to you, to help me get close enough to wish Nadakhan isn't a Djinn, so we can stop the ceremony and save Ninjago. I know this is a lot to ask, and it's all right to say no.”|
|— Jay to his new team|
|"Operation Land Ho!"|
|Season 6, Episode 9|
|Air date||January 31st, 2016 (Asia)|
July 15th, 2016 (US)
|Directed by||Jens Møller|
"The Last Resort"
"The Way Back"
Operation Land Ho! is the ninth episode of the sixth season of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, as well as the 63rd overall in the series. It aired on January 31, 2016, in Asia, and on July 15, 2016, in the United States on Cartoon Network.
As Jay falls from the sky into Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk, he is found by Ed and Edna, who debate on whether or not to help him. Edna asks Jay what happened to him, and leads him into their trailer. Meanwhile, Doubloon and Clancee are preparing Nya for the wedding, with her being resentful towards Nadakhan and claiming she will not marry him. Just then, Dogshank returns from Tiger Widow Island and sends Sqiffy and Bucko to find Jay. She then enters and forces Nya into her dress, and she finds the Tiger Widow venom and orders Clancee to dispose of it. Back at the junkyard, Jay relays his story to his parents, remarking that it is up to him alone to save Ninjago. Ed scolds Jay, telling him that he doesn't know a boy from a junkyard who can't scrape up a few friends when necessary. Jay realizes this and flies away from the junkyard on his dragon. He first recruits Dareth who has been struggling to find new talent since the ninja's' disappearance and eagerly accepts. Jay then finds Captain Soto, Skylor, Echo Zane, Ronin and the Commissioner (the latter arresting Ronin who has gone back to being a thief despite receiving a clean record) to help him. They gather in the police department and Jay explains the situation and its solution, calling it "Operation Land Ho." The plan consists of the group getting a ride on a piece of land being used for Djinjago, then Jay will use his final wish to turn Nadakhan into a mortal. However, they are overheard by two of the Djinn's spies, who hurriedly escape. Sqiffy is caught by the Commissioner, but Bucko gets away. The group gets on to Djinnjago and Jay sneaks outside of Nya's room. Jay tries to get in but Nya claims the window bars will not budge. Nadakhan comes in and Jay attempts to make his wish but fails. Jay's team is attacked by Nadakhan's soldiers as the wedding begins. They hide in a wooden shack after Jay obtains the Djinn Blade. Captain Soto says that Jay can rescue the other ninja trapped inside, but is not guaranteed that he will be able to get out. After Echo Zane gives Jay entry, the latter finds the other ninja, as well as Wu and Misako, cast under a spell rendering them unconscious. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is ambushed by Nadakhan's soldiers. Ronin gives each of them a simple tool to defend themselves, which they all manage to do. Back in the sword, Jay has woken up the inhabitants, and they escape from the sword, making it out just in time, though Jay barely makes it out after a brief struggle with Clouse. Their exit causes an explosion that tears the shack apart, effectively getting rid of nearby guards. As the two groups reunite, Wu asks if everyone is safe; Jay responds by saying that one ninja remains to be rescued and asks who wants to crash a wedding, which is met with multiple cheers.
- Bucko - Brian Dobson
- Clancee - Ian James Corlett
- Clouse - Scott McNeil
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Director - Ian James Corlett
- Dogshank - Nicole Oliver
- Echo Zane - Brent Miller
- Ed Walker - Colin Murdock
- Edna Walker - Jillian Michaels
- Girl Pirate - Heather Doerksen
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nadakhan - Scott McNeil
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Pirate Gaurd - Alan Marriott
- Police Commissioner - Michael Donovan
- Punk - Brent Miller
- Ronin - Brian Dobson
- Skylor - Heather Doerksen
- Soto - Alan Marriott
- Sqiffy - Michael Adamthwaite
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- This episode marks the first time:
- People go inside the Temple of Airjitzu without worrying about being turned into ghosts or getting attacked by them.
- The internal structure of the Djinn Blade is seen.
- Skylor has a major role since "The Corridor of Elders", though she did make a brief appearance in "Curseworld, Part I".
- Jay takes the official role as leader of the team, largely because his third wish is the best chance of defeating the djinn.
- The new Djinjago, built from pieces of Ninjago, appears completed, with bridges and towers built to connect the chain of floating "islands" instead of chains and anchors.
- Griffin Turner and Karlof are seen since "The Corridor of Elders", though in this episode they appear very briefly within the Djinn Blade.
- Captain Soto is shown wearing his traditional pirate outfit since, "Ninjaball Run"—forty-seven episodes earlier, which aired four years before this episode.
- Kai has a physical appearance since "Misfortune Rising"; Zane's since "On a Wish and a Prayer"; and Wu, Misako, and Clouse since "Enkrypted". It is Wu's first speaking role since the season's first episode, "Infamous".
- After being forced into Nadakhan's mother's wedding dress, Nya remarks she hates dresses. While this may seem like an error, as she has worn formal outfits in the past, it would be confirmed by Zane in "Legacy" that none of these were specifically dresses, as Zane would say, "I have never seen you in a dress before."
- When Jay is in the Djinn Blade, Griffin Turner and Karlof can be seen floating around, meaning they were absorbed into the blade by Nadakhan sometime after the djinn received it from his father in "Enkrypted". It was confirmed by Tommy Andreasen that all the other Elemental Masters were captured by Nadakhan as well but were simply not seen on-screen.
- Clouse is not a ghost in this episode, despite appearing as one in "Infamous" and "Public Enemy Number One". This could be due to the fulfillment of his second wish, to be a mortal again, while being imprisoned.
- Skylor is wearing a new suit, in the style of the ninja's Airjitzu suits, though she retains her old symbol and her arms and hood are colored maroon instead.
- Even though the Police Commissioner was left at sea with sharks circling around him and Tommy and Simon in the previous episode, the Commissioner appears in Ninjago in this episode. According to Tommy Andreasen, they were saved by giant sea turtles.
- Jay says "Bequeath" as one of his lines to confuse Bucko and Sqiffy who were reading his lips. This is a reference to "The Last Hope," in which Jay did not understand the word when Misako said it and later used it as a sound effect when he and the ninja were disguised as Stone Warriors.
- Although previously seen performing the most basic martial arts, Echo Zane fights the Sky Pirates using well-known slapstick moves such as the "stepping on a rake" gag.
- It is revealed that Nadakhan had truly loved Delara, rather than just wanting to marry her to gain infinite wishes.
- Jay kicking Clouse to escape the Djinn Blade is similar to Nya kicking P.I.X.A.L. in "The Surge."
- The events of this episode were soon erased due to Jay's final wish in "The Way Back".
- This is the first episode to use an exclamation point at the end of the episode's title.
- In the scene where the Ninja Replacements are sneaking into New Djinjago, Ronin throws two yellow Aeroblades and Echo Zane throws a blue one similar to Zane's from the previous season.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the reason the Ninja Replacements did not use any wishes on Nadakhan is because they were never close to him. However, it's unknown why the group didn't form their plan around the fact that the Ninja Replacements all had three wishes that could have been used to stop Nadakhan.
- It may have been because, as stated two episodes ago, Lloyd knew Jay's final wish would be from the heart, implying that Jay was true key to defeating Nadakhan.
- When Echo Zane spots Sqiffy and Bucko, his mouth doesn't move (seen on the window's reflection).
- When Kai, Cole, Lloyd, and Zane escape from the Sword of Souls, they have swords strapped to their backs. It's unknown how they have sword wherein the previous episodes they don't use any weapons.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.