Many years ago, a blacksmith from Metalonia envied the Elemental Masters of their powers. At the place where he lived, there was an ancient, crooked tree with a mystical amber ensnaring anything that got too close. He then used his blacksmithing skills to turn amber into the first Chronosteel to absorb fragments of Elemental Powers from their masters. Channeling them into the Urn of Enmity, he created the new Elemental Power - Amber.
After a life spent absorbing other people's powers, Wu and Garmadon came to stop him. The original Master of Amber tried to use the Urn of Enmity again to absorb their powers, but the urn sucked his spirit instead.
Over the following centuries he tried to escape from his prison and he was uncovering Skylor's past, watching her manipulating the Elemental Masters and hurting her friends.
- Amber - Before he passed it down, the blacksmith possessed Amber, allowing him to absorb and replicate other Elemental Powers.
Behind the scenes
- In his younger form, he uses Kai's pre-movie head piece, as well as the Ancient Warrior's torso from Minifigures Series 21.
- He wields the Battle Dwarf's hammer from Minifigures Series 17.
- In his older form, he uses Kai's powered-up Fusion face from 70627 Dragon's Forge, Dumbledore's hair from the 2018 Harry Potter relaunch, Gandalf's beard from Lord of the Rings, and the Roman Emperor's legs from Minifigures Series 9.
- The fact that he is locked in a mystical artifact from where he manipulates Skylor and tries to bring her to him is similar to the Evil Entity's manipulation with the mystery-solvers from Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.