The informative featured video at the top of the article is provided by the host's Featured Video team and not the editors of this wiki. It may not accurately represent the article and contradict info on the wiki itself, so it should not be taken at face value. Info may become outdated over time.
P.I.X.A.L. (Primary Interactive eX-ternal Assistant Life-form), alternatively spelled Pixal and known as Pix to her friends, is a female android created by Cyrus Borg to serve as his assistant. During the Nindroid crisis, she was briefly under the control of the Digital Overlord and turned on her friends but soon became a vital ally to the ninja after being redeemed by Zane. She and Zane formed a close relationship until he sacrificed himself to destroy the Golden Master. P.I.X.A.L. found out he survived and set off to save him from a mysterious island. While there, she was captured by Chen's cultists, and her body was scrapped, though her consciousness lived on in Zane's processor after Zane placed her hard drive inside his head.
For some time, P.I.X.A.L. guided Zane as an A.I. program in his head. When Nadakhan arrived in Ninjago and tormented the ninja, he deceived Zane into letting him erase P.I.X.A.L.'s consciousness—though due to Jay's final wish, this was undone. Later, P.I.X.A.L. left Zane’s head and gained a physical body, similar to how Zane had done. She took on the alias of Samurai X, a role once played by Nya, so she could adopt a more physical role in the ninja's missions. P.I.X.A.L. helped battle the Vermillion and later the Sons of Garmadon, and she helped Lloyd and Nya to resist Lord Garmadon's oppressive hold of Ninjago City.
Unfortunately, P.I.X.A.L. was captured along with the majority of the Resistance after an ambush by Garmadon's forces, but her actions allowed Lloyd and the others to continue in their endeavors. Eventually, she got word that the ninja returned and broke out while joining the others in toppling the Colossus with the heroes. Later on, the people of Ninjago threw a party to celebrate the end of Lord Garmadon's rule, as P.I.X.A.L. is honored for her role in saving the city as well.
When the Oni invade Ninjago, P.I.X.A.L. alone, in her Samurai X Mech goes into the darkness to rescue Lloyd and Garmadon after they acquire the Golden Armor. She later defends the civilians at the Monastery when the Oni arrive. She rescued Lloyd and Garmadon before helping her comrades to defeat the Oni.
Months later, Zane ends up banished to the Never-Realm by Aspheera, leaving her heartbroken, believing he was dead until told otherwise before assisting the ninja in transporting them to the Never-Realm while she stayed behind with Master Wu. During the wait, she arrests the Mechanic, Ultra Violet, and Fugi-Dove, who attempted to escape Kryptarium Prison. She also defeats a revived Preeminent after inadvertently releasing it from the Departed Realm. Days later, the ninja returned with Zane, and she immediately embraces her boyfriend.
While the ninja (excluding Zane) are in Prime Empire, she and Zane embark on a search to find Milton Dyer. They succeed, leading to the eventual release and revival of the trapped Ninjago City gamers, the game's NPCs, and the ninja.
After Nya's powers started failing, P.I.X.A.L., Nya, Zane, Jay, Maya and Lloyd used the Hydro Bounty to travel into the ocean where Maya and Nya discovered that Kalmaar was trying to awaken Wojira. The team traveled to the Island of the Keepers, to get the Storm Amulet before Kalmaar, but Clutch Powers had stolen it. Kalmaar then destroyed the controls of the Hydro Bounty and they traveled back to Ninjago being pulled by whales. P.I.X.A.L. fought Wojira when she was awakened in the Destiny's Bounty and was at Nya's Memorial after she became one with the sea.
- 1 History
- 2 In LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids (non-canon)
- 3 In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Personality
- 7 Weapons and Abilities
- 8 LEGO.com descriptions
- 9 Appearances
- 9.1 Sets
- 9.2 Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 9.2.1 Season 3: Rebooted
- 9.2.2 Season 4: Tournament of Elements
- 9.2.3 Season 5: Possession
- 9.2.4 Season 6: Skybound
- 9.2.5 Day of the Departed
- 9.2.6 Season 7: The Hands of Time
- 9.2.7 Ninjago: Decoded
- 9.2.8 Season 8: Sons of Garmadon
- 9.2.9 Season 9: Hunted
- 9.2.10 Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu
- 9.2.11 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 9.2.12 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 9.2.13 Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 9.2.14 Season 12: Prime Empire
- 9.2.15 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 9.2.16 The Island
- 9.2.17 Season 14: Seabound
- 9.3 Books
- 9.4 Video games
- 10 Behind the scenes
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Videos
- 13 Gallery
- 14 References
- Main article: P.I.X.A.L./History
In LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids (non-canon)
P.I.X.A.L. is a playable character in LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids. She also serves as a boss in the level "Mad Machines".
In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
P.I.X.A.L. is a playable character in LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin. She can be purchased for 250,000 studs after collecting her character token in the Ninjago Hub. She wields two spike blades and possesses no special abilities.
P.I.X.A.L. has a white face covered with purple conduction tracks (similar to those found on printed circuit boards), highlighting the fact that it is an android. She also has wide, white lips and glowing green eyes, which also underscore the fact that she is an android.
Her hair has the same model as Nya's hair, but it's silver, has a fringe to the right, and behind a long ponytail.
Previously, her hair was similar to the present, but the fringe was to the left side, the hair seemed to be smaller than the present one, and her ponytail was shorter, sometimes changing to another form with a part of it facing the front, as it is in Minifigure.
In her first uniform, she had a purple outfit with some gray and red details, an opening in her left arm that showed a part of her breastplate, also with purple conduction tracks, and the rest of her body was white.
In her Samurai uniform, she has dark blue clothes with some white and red details. Much of the armor has gold details, such as the shoulder pads. Her helmet is like Nya's previous one, but sometimes with other pieces on top, and with the colors white, gold, and black.
- Main article: P.I.X.A.L.'s relationships
P.I.X.A.L. was originally shown to be quite emotionless and impassive and had only her duties to Cyrus Borg as her primary concern. Things like duty, honor, and compassion at first meant nothing to her, but throughout her adventures with the ninja, and her interactions with Zane, she developed immensely as a person. P.I.X.A.L. originally had no interest in others besides a basic curiosity and desire to learn, but after meeting with Zane, her behavior changes. When she was pondering on helping the ninja to shut off power, she quickly ignored any doubts or reasons in it to save. When she was shut down and given part of Zane's power, she slowly became more human and her emotions soon surfaced, showing that she was capable of exemplary bravery, compassion, humor, and friendship.
Her most human traits were shown primarily around Zane, an android like her, who taught her to embrace her hidden humanity, and subsequently know things like deep love, civic duty, friendship, but also loss and heartache. This was shown as she was deeply shocked after Zane's apparent death and sacrificing of his original body to defeat the Overlord; she had been affected more than anyone by his death to the point where she avoided his memorial in her inability to accept his passing but was overjoyed by discovering his resurrection. She also developed a deep faith in Zane and his strength of character, showing a profound level of emotional intimacy and devotion to her love.
After adopting the Samurai X persona, P.I.X.A.L. hid the fact that she had a new body and was protecting people to have her own identity. When she talks to Zane, she asked if he was angry but was relieved as well as happy that he accepted her reasons. Following her reunion with Zane at the end of Season 9, she was very happy and they embraced in their reunion.
Weapons and Abilities
At first, P.I.X.A.L. had no unique abilities until she was given some of Zane's power, allowing her to better adapt and gain human emotions. She likely no longer has this ability, as she no longer has half of Zane's power source, due to having a new body.
After gaining a new body and acting as the new Samurai X, P.I.X.A.L. proved to be very strong by defeating all ninja in "Dead Man's Squall," including Lloyd and Harumi. Her weapon in "Rebooted" was a blade, which she used for a while. As Samurai X, she wears two golden katanas. She is very intelligent, as she demonstrated in Zane's system, or in deciphering the code that Borg put in Iron Doom.
She also possesses the abilities of other Nindroids and is very agile. She somehow possesses the ability to replicate anyone's voice whether they are alive or dead.
She is a skilled combatant, even without having an element, as demonstrated when defeating the ninja with a single Mech, while they had six elements. P.I.X.A.L. seems to be quick when she left without a trace after being shot down. She is shown to effortlessly beat Nya in a one on one duel.
Because the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu channel power in general as opposed to just elemental power, P.I.X.A.L. was able to use one of the scrolls, allowing her to teleport the ninja to the Never-Realm.
P.I.X.A.L.(Primary Interactive X-ternal Assistant Life-form) is Cyrus Borg’s android assistant.
When she first meets the ninja, she is under the influence of the Digital Overlord and uses her skills to copy the plans for Zane so the Nindroids can be built.
She is cold and mechanical and incapable of any feeling for anyone.
P.I.X.A.L. is actually the 16th model in her line, the first 15 having malfunctioned due to a faulty thermo-coil and a malfunctioning AIE-ES (artificial intelligence enhancer-emotion suppressor) chip.
Borg was able to fix the coil, but the chip problem has not been completely solved.
Rebooted (2017 Museum gallery)
P.I.X.A.L. (Primary Interactive X-ternal Assistant Life-form) is Cyrus Borg’s android assistant. When she first meets the Ninja, she is under the influence of the Digital Overlord and uses her skills to copy the plans for Zane so the Nindroids can be built. She later discovers she is compatible with Zane. P.I.X.A.L. is actually the 16th model in her line, the first 15 having malfunctioned due to a faulty thermo-coil and a malfunctioning AIE-ES (artificial intelligence enhancer-emotion suppressor) chip. Borg was able to fix the coil, but the chip problem has not been completely solved.
P.I.X.A.L. is an acronym for Primary Interactive X-ternal Assistant Life-form. When the Ninja visit Borg Tower, they meet P.I.X.A.L., who is Borg’s android assistant (it took 16 versions for Borg to create the P.I.X.A.L. we know today). She was briefly taken over by the Digital Overlord, during which time she helped to manufacture an army of Nindroids based on Zane’s design. From the beginning, there was mutual fascination between her and Zane, as they shared similarities as well as differences. Badly damaged after a battle at the Storm Farm, P.I.X.A.L. was saved when Zane shared half his power core with her – his heart, you might say. From then on, she became an ally of the Ninja and very close to Zane. Later, Zane and P.I.X.A.L. were captured and held hostage on Chen's Island. When Zane found her cell, P.I.X.A.L. had been reduced to only spare parts and a face on a monitor. Zane put her neural drive into his processor, making P.I.X.A.L. a part of his artificial intelligence.
Hands of Time (2017 Museum gallery)
During the attack on the Temple of Airjitzu, a new hero rises! At first, the new Samurai X’s arrival makes the ninja fear there’s yet another enemy to fight, but this blue Samurai X quickly convinces them they have another ally in their battle against the Hands of Time. But who is this new Samurai X?
Behind the scenes
- Her name is based on the word, "pixel".
- It was originally going to be spelled this way, but it was changed for legal reasons.
- P.I.X.A.L.'s name is written differently depending on the source. In her original set description and in various episode descriptions, she is referred to as "Pixal," while in other sources such as Garmadon Rulez!, she is referred to as "P.I.X.A.L.".
- P.I.X.A.L.'s Season 3: Rebooted minifigure has a double-sided head: on one side, it is her normal face; on the other, it is her face with red eyes from when she was taken over by the Overlord's evil power. Unlike in the show, her hairpiece has a clip on it.
- Her hairpiece was changed to the same as Nya's current in Season 8, albeit silver.
- After becoming Samurai X, P.I.X.A.L. has been shown to have what seems to be a black helmet printed on her head in seasons 9 and 10. This has been reflected in LEGO sets.
- Since Season 11, she no longer has this helmet. The reason for this change is unknown, though it may be connected to the animation studio change.
- From Season 8 onward, she has the same eyebrows used on Season 7 Nya and flashback Maya.
- P.I.X.A.L. is the character with the most voice actors, as the uses the voices of several different characters in "Secrets Discovered."
- According to Michael Knap, P.I.X.A.L. having a revealed breastplate does not mean she is nude because "She is a nindroid minifigure, I'm not sure if they have human features."
- According to Tommy Andreasen, she will play a bigger role in the future.
The Trivia on P.I.X.A.L. needs to be organized.
- P.I.X.A.L. and Zane are the second ninja-romance to become a couple, the first being Jay and Nya.
- She was seemingly deleted by Nadakhan in "On a Wish and a Prayer," but after Jay made his final wish in "The Way Back," she came back due to the wish erasing the events of Season 6.
- P.I.X.A.L. appears in two variants as an unlockable character in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame. She can be unlocked by achieving bronze medal status or higher in "The Secret Factory" training dojo, which requires the player to accumulate at least 50,000 studs. P.I.X.A.L. in her 2017 Samurai X suit can be unlocked by achieving bronze medal status in "The Dark Swamp" training dojo, which requires the player to accumulate at least 20,000 studs.
- At some point after Season 3, P.I.X.A.L. lost her body and was left a hard drive inside Zane's head until mid-Season 7. She left Zane unnoticed and gained a body and became the new Samurai X. In Season 8, she finally revealed her identity in the episode "Dead Man's Squall."
- However, like the original Samurai X, her identity had already been revealed through her minifigure released in the set wave for the corresponding season.
- Her identity as a Nindroid was hinted at in Season 7 when she said "You can say I'm hard-wired that way, Nindroid," in "Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea."
- In "Dead Man's Squall," she officially joined the team as Samurai X.
- Even though she is a robot, P.I.X.A.L. demonstrates to have feelings due to the power source that she has received from Zane as of "Blackout," though she did begin showing a "human" side at the end of the prior episode, "The Art of the Silent Fist."
- The reason for her to hide her true identity was her desire to protect the people she loves, though she later reveals this was to protect Zane's feelings, as she was unsure how he would take her not wanting to be in his head anymore. It's possible she did it for both reasons.
- P.I.X.A.L. has had a number of color scheme changes, these being purple and white in seasons 3-6, gold and blue in Season 7, and blue, red, and white in Season 8 onward.
- In "A Cold Goodbye," P.I.X.A.L. is shown sleeping and dreaming, despite being previously unable, as stated in "Versus."
- A LEGO promotional set, 5005358 Minifigure Factory, includes a P.I.X.A.L. nanofigure.
- P.I.X.A.L. was possibly around three or four years old as of Season 6 and "Day of the Departed," meaning she is four or five years old as of Season 8, as it was stated in "The Mask of Deception" that a year had passed since the events of Seasons 7.
- The only seasons in which P.I.X.A.L. appears as Samurai X but without a mask or the Samurai X Mech are seasons 12 and 13.
- She was able to use one of the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu in "A Cold Goodbye" because the scrolls channel power, not simply elemental power.
- As of "The News Never Sleeps!," citizens of Ninjago City believe that Samurai X is a male, this means that P.I.X.A.L. has not yet revealed her true identity as Samurai X to them, and is still believed to be a vigilante.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Zane "is very fond of Pixal's green eyes."
- She is very similar to Nya, because they are both female protagonists living in the monastery who were at some point in their life inventors and Samurai X, have a color scheme consisting of blue and red, use the same piece of hair, love one of the ninja and build a secret base, which ninja use as a garage for vehicles.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the models for P.I.X.A.L.'s fifteen predecessors were repurposed after their original uses, and her program may have been transferred each time.
- She is able to smell as she smelled Fugi-Dove's brother in "Ninjago Confidential."
- She was the second female character to be released physically as a minifigure, the first being Nya.
- Main article: P.I.X.A.L./Gallery
- "A Cold Goodbye"
- "Secrets Discovered"
- "Dead Man's Squall"
- "The Quiet One"