|“Uh, well, now, I too have a job to do, and that's delivering the mail, which I plan to do.”|
|— The Postman to Kai in "Day of the Great Devourer"|
The Postman, also referred to as the Mailman, is a postal courier in Ninjago. He usually appears in humorous situations, either being inadvertently disrupted by the ninja's actions or delivering his mail in an odd place. Despite the frequently bizarre and dangerous situations he faces, he tirelessly continues to do his job—even when it would probably be better for him to flee.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Mini-movies
- 1.2 Rise of the Snakes
- 1.3 Legacy of the Green Ninja
- 1.4 Rebooted
- 1.5 Possession
- 1.6 Skybound
- 1.7 Prior to Sons of Garmadon
- 1.8 Sons of Garmadon
- 1.9 Hunted
- 1.10 March of the Oni
- 1.11 Master of the Mountain
- 2 In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Personality
- 5 Appearances
- 5.1 Sets
- 5.2 LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 5.2.1 Mini-movies
- 5.2.2 Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
- 5.2.3 Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja
- 5.2.4 Season 3: Rebooted
- 5.2.5 Season 5: Possession
- 5.2.6 Season 6: Skybound
- 5.2.7 Wu's Teas
- 5.2.8 Season 8: Sons of Garmadon
- 5.2.9 Season 9: Hunted
- 5.2.10 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 5.2.11 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 5.3 Video games
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
The Postman climbs the Mountains of Impossible Height while the ninja raced their dragons to see who will claim the title of "Dragon Master." He was frightened by the ninja flying by on their Dragons, accidentally dropping a package off a nearby cliff.
Sometime later, the Postman climbed the Mountains of Impossible Height once again. Despite the dizzying altitude, he reached the Monastery of Spinjitzu to deliver some mail to the ninja. He gave Kai a letter from a fan, Jay a letter from his parents, and Cole a letter from his father and a package from a local wildlife magazine, Creatures, Beasts, and Beyond.
The Mailman was climbing the Mountain of a Million Steps when Cole and Zane passed by on their way to the Constrictai Tomb. The ninjas' passage caused a few rocks to fall on the Postman, prompting him to shout at them.
The Postman, tired from the heat, would eventually be encountered by the Serpentine Express's cab. Not wanting to get in the way, he pedals his bike faster and throws his bag to lose some weight. Despite his efforts, he was soon forced to jump off his bike.
The Postman crossed paths with the ninja yet again when he arrives at Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk to deliver some mail. The ninja told him to leave, as they were preparing to use the Tornado of Creation, but the Mailman admonished them in turn, claiming that he had a job to do. Upon hearing that Ed and Edna were not home, he asked the ninja if they were looking for the "Take Back Ninjago" rally in Ninjago City. As he spoke about how every time something happened the ninja got involved, the Great Devourer arrived behind him. The Postman hid in a trash can while the ninja created the Ultra Sonic Raider. He soon took off on his bike.
The Postman was walking his bike through Ninjago City when it fell under attack by Captain Soto's pirates. While their ship was flying over the Postman, one of the pirates swooped down and stole his mailbag, much to the dismay of the Postman.
The Postman entered the annual Ninjaball Run on his bicycle, modified with massive turbines to increase its speed. He managed to keep up with the other competitors for much of the race but crashed into a snowman in the Glacier Barrens, which knocked him off his bike.
The Postman was riding his bike when a series of earthquakes struck Ninjago City (actually the Serpentine burrowing underground in an attempt to bury the metropolis). When the Stone Army emerged, he hid in a mailbox until a Stone Warrior discovered him, at which point he fled down an alley, screaming about the "sanctity of the mail." He promptly jumped on his bike and fled, presumably escaping with the rest of the citizens on the Destiny's Bounty.
The Postman was one of the few people that remained in New Ninjago City after the Overlord took control of the city. When the ninja returned after they successfully shut the power off, the Postman ordered them to leave until Cyrus Borg arrived seconds later and scolded the Postman.
The Postman led a group of civilians on a raid to "take back the power" from Borg, as they believed that the inventor was merely playing video games. Their attack was interrupted however when the Nindroids arrived and Nya ordered the savages outside to protect the tower. Though they tried, they were unable to stop the Nindroids from coming into the tower, seeking the Techno Blades.
Helping the ninja find out what "Codename: Arcturus" means, he rearranges the letters to make "carrot cup juster," which is quickly rejected.
The Postman was present in New Ninjago City during the Golden Master's attack and announced the return of the ninja. Later, he attended Zane's memorial service after the Nindroid defeated the Overlord.
The Postman delivered a letter of foreclosure to Steep Wisdom but was drenched by water balloons as the ninja were anticipating an attack by ghosts.
Shortly after Jay wished to Nadakhan that he wasn't born in a junkyard, the Postman shows up behind him, proclaiming he will not turn the Blue Ninja into the cops and delivered him a letter informing him that his father had passed.
Prior to Sons of Garmadon
When the Postman delivered a Patty Keys flyer to the floating Temple of Airjitzu, he was nearly attacked by Jay, who insisted the letter carrier must be the new Samurai X. After the Postman began nervously speaking of how the portraits on stamps are decided, Lloyd saved him from Jay and apologized on his behalf. Following this, the Postman stayed away from the ninja for six weeks.
The Postman was delivering some mail in the Royal Palace but the Royal Guards stopped him because no one was allowed to enter the palace. Kai told them that he knew the postman and that he would deliver the mail. The postman gave the mail to Kai and broke the fourth wall by telling him that he will see him next season.
The Postman is marked as the next fugitive on Ultra Hunt, but he hasn't been sighted. He was shown to be hiding in a dumpster before Lloyd, Skylor, Neuro, Mr. Pale, and Shade accidentally blew his cover, but he quickly flees, bumping into Colossus as he runs.
The Postman is among the public and members of the Resistance, who help the ninja chain down Colossus until Garmadon loses his power. Later he celebrated victory over Garmadon's forces and city's liberation outside the Royal Palace.
The Postman is in the audience in the harbor to watch the unveiling of the rebuilt Bounty.
He and several of the ninja's other allies visited the monastery to celebrate their victory.
He arrives at the monastery, passing by P.I.X.A.L. while giving her a greeting before giving the ninja an invitation to Princess Vania's birthday before being scared away by Wu's chicken. He stated that delivering such a letter was rare.
In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
He is a playable character in Shadow of Ronin. He can be purchased for 50,000 studs after obtaining "True Ninja" in Level 2: Chen's Dungeon. He uses melee attacks and can throw postcards.
The Postman is an older man with gray hair, several wrinkles, a small mustache, and a small white goatee. He wears glasses, a large straw hat similar to Master Wu's, a white undershirt, and a purple uniform. He occasionally carries a satchel or back-mounted basket filled with letters and packages he has to deliver.
The Postman is strict at his job, climbing even the highest mountains to deliver mail. Whenever he loses his mail, gets knocked off his bike, hit by something, or scared by something, he loses his temper. He seems to be athletic as he was able to avoid being run over, quickly hide in dumpsters as he was able to hide from the Sons of Garmadon as well as a bit of an inventor as he made wings to fly after the Destiny's Bounty to deliver the ninjas' ZX outfits and rocket boosters to participate in Ninjaball Run.
The Postman has at least on one occasion shown a disregard for others' emotions, as seen when he asked Jay, "Why the glum face?" and reminded Jay he was rich after the Lightning Ninja learned his father had supposedly passed away.
- The Postman is the only citizen of Ninjago City who is known not to have attended the "Take Back Ninjago!" rally, which would be attacked by the Great Devourer, although he had previously encountered the beast minutes earlier.
- The small logo on his shirt is a mail horn logo, and it has been featured in many LEGO sets involving mail.
- To date, the only seasons he doesn't appear in are the fourth, seventh, eleventh and twelfth seasons.
- He is the character who had the longest amount of time between first appearing in the TV series and appearing in a LEGO set (70751 Temple of Airjitzu). The second is Misako and the third is Dareth.
- The Postman is an unlockable character in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame. His blind bag can be found in the level "The Unclimbable Mountain."
- In "The Jade Princess," he says, "see you next season", a reference to his tendency to appear in almost every season.
- He can be compared to the cabbage merchant from Avatar: The Last Airbender since they are both recurring characters with similar occupations who are used for comedic effect.
- He has the same face as Noble but with an added mustache.
- In WildBrain's animation, however, his mustache is missing.
- Since Possession, he no longer has sandals on his bare feet, but only purple pants. He also no longer has printed sleeves. This may be because he was included in the set where he has no leg printing, just as Misako has no leg printing since she was included in the set without it.
- It's also probably the reason why he doesn't have a straw hat in Possession and Skybound, because it doesn't even have his minifigure. In season 8, however, his hat returned.
- Main article: Postman/Gallery