|“The ninja are still at large and public enemy number one.”|
|— Police Commissioner on TV|
|"Public Enemy Number One"|
|Season 6, Episode 2|
|Air date||January 2, 2016 (Asia)|
June 16, 2016 (US)
|Written by||Dan & Kevin Hageman|
|Directed by||Peter Hausner|
Public Enemy Number One is the second episode of the sixth season of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and the 56th overall in the series. It aired on January 2, 2016 in Asia, and on June 16, 2016 in the United States on Cartoon Network.
The Ninja must find out about Nadakhan before he finds the Realm Crystal to save his crew, but after the Ninja are labelled enemies, our heroes find themselves hunted by their old friend, Ronan.
Jay visits an empty pub with only one person, who is busy watching the TV. Jay tries to obtain some ninja chips from a vending machine using his Lightning but fails and leaves. On the TV the Police Commissioner is answering lots of the interviewers' questions about the ninja. He then asks Ronin for help, to which he agrees.
Meanwhile, Misako is trapped and was interrogated by the police forces. After they left, Nadakhan spoke to her and cunningly tricked her into telling the location of the Realm Crystal. He then traps Misako in the teapot and escapes.
When the detectives and Police Commissioner reenters the room, they were shocked by her absence. However, Kai updated his status with his location, encouraging them to find him, but was soon tricked into following a rat with a location device.
While the chase was happening, Nya, in disguise, walks up to a small crowd to listen to a news report about Kai's status with them. After solving his riddle, she crosses the street to meet up with him and the others.
Nadakhan makes it to Hiroshi's Labyrinth and succeeds in stealing the Realm Crystal. Eventually, the ninja are arrested, Ronin is paid his large budget of money and Nadakhan laughs at their downfall before setting out to retrieving his crew.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Cyrus Borg - Lee Tockar
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nadakhan - Scott McNeil
- News Reporter - Michael Adamthwaite
- Nindroid Sentry - Brian Dobson
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Police Commissioner - Michael Donovan
- Ronin - Brian Dobson
- Sentry General - Vincent Tong
- Simon - Vincent Tong
- Tommy - Scott McNeil
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- The scene of Jay entering a restaurant in disguise was featured as the first sneak peek of the season at SDCC 2016.
- When Jay and Cole were in Mega Monster Amusement Park, Jay recognized the roller coaster as where he unlocked his True Potential. This is a reference to "Once Bitten, Twice Shy."
- The events of this episode were soon erased, due to Jay's final wish in "The Way Back".
- This is Ronin's only appearance in the first half of Season 6: Skybound.
- Unlike the boys who wear the same hats (or hood in Cole's case) from the previous episode, instead of the hat she had, Nya's disguise is a blonde wig and glasses.
- Donovan Boulevard, which Simon mentions, refers to Michael Donovan.
- This episode marks the final physical appearances of the Titanium Dragon and the Elemental Water Dragon.
- When the Ninjago City Police are driving through the city early on in the episode, an advertisement for the Robo Usher 3000 from "Codename: Arcturus" can be seen.
- Lloyd loses his fedora as he tries to avoid Ronin's shots, but as he was put on the prison bus, he is seen wearing it.
- When Nya and Kai go to get their bikes, Kai mentions being in Jamanakai Village, when they are not actually in Jamanakai Village and they are in another unknown location nearby Ninjago City.
- Ronin used thermal vision to find Cole. However, that should be impossible as ghosts don't give off any type of heat or cold.
- On the package on ninja chips, Lloyd is seen to have Nya's eyes. This may be related to her wearing Lloyd's costume in "Curseworld, Part I."
For the gallery of the episode, click here.