The action continues with all your favorite ninja! Chapter book #11 is an all-new story based on the Cartoon Network special DAY OF THE DEPARTED, in which the ninja must face all their classic foes for one final battle.
When Pythor hears about the BorgWatch - a top secret new invention from Dr. Cyrus Borg - he sees an opportunity to best the ninja in a new and different way. He swipes part of the BorgWatch from under their noses and threatens to reveal it on TV.
Catching Pythor should be a simple task for six Masters of Spinjitzu, right? But Pythor is as slippery as a, er, snake. Can the ninja stop their longtime enemy before he slithers his way into the spotlight?
Exhausted from the events of "Day of the Departed," the ninja decided to take the day off and begin to move into the temple. While deciding what to do, Lloyd receives a text from Dareth inviting them to a fun activity at the museum. Once they arrive, however, he reveals he needs them to clean up the mess he made during his fight with Kozu. He asks them to complete the task, claiming he needs to be present for a rumored reveal of the BorgWatch, a highly anticipated device designed by Cyrus Borg. Dareth then leaves them to fix the mess. Pythor heard it all and stole the prototype, threatening to reveal it all on television.
- Cyrus Borg
- Dr. Saunders
- Gayle Gossip
- Skales Jr.
- Ninjago (realm)
- Departed Realm (mentioned)
- Unlike Pythor, who is painted on the cover, Jay is depicted using his promotional CGI image from Season 7.
- Jay is wearing his Fusion suit on the cover of the book, implying that the ninja changed their Honor suits the day after Day of the Departed.
- The story takes place one day after the Day of the Departed, just before the events of "The Hands of Time."
- This book marks the first meeting of Pythor and Skales since Pythor's apparent death in "Day of the Great Devourer."
- It also marks the first meeting of Pythor and Skales Jr..
- This is the last time the ninja see Pythor until "Kryptarium Prison Blues."
- Pythor shows no signs throughout the story of the injuries he sustained after falling from the statue of the Corridor of Elders in "Day of the Departed."
- Pythor also never once uses his invisibility ability throughout the story, although it could be useful in various instances when running away from ninja.