|“Have you become so lazy you can't even find something to do on your own? Don't come to me for a quest tip! Adventure does not come to the idle, it comes to those who seek it. So, seek.”|
|— Master Wu to Lloyd after Lloyd asked for advice|
|"Questing for Quests"|
|Season 11, Episode 2|
|Air date||June 22, 2019 (US)|
July 22, 2019 (Australia)
August 10, 2019 (Canada)
|Written by||Bragi Schut|
|Directed by||Daniel Ife|
"Wasted True Potential"
"A Rocky Start"
It was originally scheduled to be released in Canada on May 11, 2019, but was removed and rescheduled for August 10, 2019. A trailer featuring incomplete animation not meant for public viewing was mistakenly released by Teletoon on April 30, 2019, but was taken down shortly.
Extended: The ninja set about trying to find a quest to get back in shape. Unfortunately, they discover this is easier said than done. All their foes have already been vanquished and the ninja discover that NINJAGO is enjoying a rare period of tranquility. Out of sheer boredom and desperation, they turn to the Commissioner of NINJAGO City, hoping that they might be able to assist him in the apprehension of some criminal. But at every turn the ninja find themselves thwarted. After several comedic and abortive efforts to prevent crimes, the ninja give up and return dejectedly back to the monastery. On TV, they overhear a Gayle Gossip newscast in which she is interviewing famed archaeologist Clutch Powers, who has just uncovered a booby-trapped pyramid deep in the Desert of Doom. The ninja seize on this as their quest!
Back at the courtyard, the ninja are training until Lloyd comes back and to no success is not able to get any advice from Wu, so Jay decides the ninja need to brainstorm in a calm environment which is the hot tub.
In the hot tub, Kai suggests they need a villain to get into form, but the ninja realizes they have defeated most of the villains such as former Sons of Garmadon members and Chen, and while Lord Garmadon is still active, they decide he is no longer a threat. Also, they are too lazy to search for Pythor as his whereabouts are unknown. Zane then proposes that they ask the Police Commissioner to see if there are any criminals to catch.
In Ninjago City, the ninja rush to the Police Commissioner's office to see if there's any work to be done; however, Ninjago City is unusually peaceful due to being no villains. Suddenly, Jimmy comes in and tells the Police Commissioner about an illegal shipment which is when the ninja dash out to deal with the situation. Nevertheless, when they break-in, there is only a guy selling juice.
When the ninja came back to the Commissioner's office, Jimmy comes in to report on a riot in Kryptarium Prison, but it turns out it's only a video recording. While they are there, they visit Killow, but they are bored with his painting (a dog holding a dynamite stick) and leave.
Throughout the day, the ninja perform tasks that do not require fighting such as saving a cat, cleaning the police station, and sorting documents. Even when the ninja tried to save people such as the bank robbery, they realize it was all part of a movie.
By the time the ninja returned to the Monastery of Spinjitzu, they got tired and papercuts from the day's work and agree to tell nobody about what they did. When Kai turns on the news, Gayle Gossip is reporting on an pyramid in the Desert of Doom. When she interviews Clutch Powers, an archeologist who found the pyramid, he talks about not wanting to go inside the pyramid because of booby traps and tells Gossip that only a ninja can venture inside. This gives Lloyd the idea that the ninja should venture inside the pyramid to get into shape.
- Clutch Powers - Ian James Corlett
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Jimmy - Daniel Doheny
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Killow - Garry Chalk
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Noble - Paul Dobson
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Police Commissioner - Michael Donovan
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Narrator: Lloyd
- It is the first time Lloyd says the title card since "True Potential."
- Whereas "Endings" was the 100th episode produced counting the unnumbered pilots, this is the numerical 100th episode.
- The actors of the bank robbers look almost exactly like the henchmen, even using the same bats as weapons.
- Kai asks the Police Commissioner, "And how is it that you're always working on that model ship, and never make any progress?" This may be a reference to the "floating timeline" nature of the show and many other animated series.
- Killow makes his first appearance since "The Weekend Drill."
- This episode also reveals that he is good at painting, and has seemed to become slightly less evil, having talked to the ninja in a more friendly tone.
- This is Clutch Powers first appearance in the series. He was previously mentioned in "The Royal Blacksmiths," over seven years earlier.
- When the TV first turns on, Nya is without her injuries. Also, after Clutch Powers refused to enter the pyramid, Kai can be seen without his bandage. However, it appears in the next scene.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.