|“Girl, I haven't taken a beating from you like that since . . . since you were in that thing.”|
|— Jay, complimenting Nya|
|Season Mini-Series, Episode 6|
|Air date||December 19, 2018|
|Written by||Tommy Andreasen|
|Directed by||Peter Egeberg|
"The Darkness Comes"
Samurai X-Treme is the sixth short film from the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu mini-series based around the Ninja and Master Wu, taking place sometime before the tenth season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
What could be cooler than a ninja challenge between Jay and Nya? A challenge where the loser has to do the dishes, of course! At the Monastery of Spinjitzu, the wall mural is shaping up nicely by now. The two ninja are reminded of the time when Nya built and fought epic battles against the Skulkin Warriors in her Samurai X Mech. How would she build it today?
Nya and Jay make a bet where the loser of a fight does the dishes. After she won, Jay points to her Samurai Mech painted on the monastery's wall. After Nya talks about how she would upgrade her Mech, the duo went inside for supper, with Nya reminding Jay about their bet.
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- A young Harumi and her parents are seen in the village Nya saved from the Skulkin.
- This is the first time the Skulkin are seen since "Enkrypted"; however, that event was erased due to Jay's final wish.
- This is the first time Nya's original Samurai Mech is seen since "The Attack."
- The village Nya saved is the same one the Sons of Garmadon attacked in "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago" and the same one Nelson lives in.
- The "Wilhelm scream" sound effect is heard for the first time since "A Line in the Sand."
- The instrumental version of "Born to be a Ninja" is used.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.