|"I brought my research on the prophecy of the Green Ninja. I thought maybe we could go over it together."
It is currently unknown if this topic can be considered canon. You can help by examining the relevant installment to see whether it contradicts the TV series.
|“Feel the power of Betsy!”|
|— Sawyer, Ninjago Magazine Issue 35|
Sawyer is a member of the Sons of Garmadon. Not much is known about him, except that he enjoys the sound of loud engines, which is why he has his chainsaw, Betsy. He uses his chainsaw to cut his hair, and enjoys scaring the public with it. He seeks to use Betsy on the ninja.
At some point, Sawyer joined the Sons of Garmadon and got his chainsaw Betsy.
In the comic of issue 35 of the Ninjago Magazine, he attacks Nya, Samurai X, and Princess Harumi when they were on some scaffolding. He demands they feel the power of Betsy and attacks them with his saw. However, he accidentally cuts the rope holding it together, causing most of it to fall. Nya, Samurai X, and Harumi jump onto a nearby Ferris wheel, only for Sawyer to come after them. Harumi jumps down from a higher pod and kicks Sawyer off the pod with Nya and Samurai X, causing the biker to fall.
He presumably survived, and went on to be under the rule of Lord Garmadon when they took over. Beyond this, his doings are unknown.
- Issue 35
- He has the same beard piece as Yang. He also has simple black legs like what Yang has in the show. He hasn't appeared in the series yet, as well as Scooter, the other biker from the issue 36 of the Ninjago magazine.
- He is not seen again after his fall, leaving his fate unknown.
- He cuts his hair with his chainsaw.
- An SoG member who looks similar to Sawyer fights Kai briefly at the end of "The Quiet One."
- He is one of the four characters to be released exclusively in a Ninjago Magazine issue, the others being Buffer (issues 37 and 38), Talon (issue 41), and Nitro (issue 44).