|“Some secrets are best left hidden in the shadows.”|
The Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu is a scroll of black paper that contains the dark secrets of Forbidden Spinjitzu.
In the distant past, when Wu and Garmadon were young, they were searching their father's library trying to find a cookbook to replace their regular meal of noodles. Garmadon found a book called The Art of Broth, and when he picked it up a scroll fell out. Garmadon picked the scroll up and said that it felt hot. He tried to read it, though Wu did not want to. Their father came in and took it from Garmadon. He told them never to touch the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu, and ordered them to leave.
The next day, Garmadon went back to the library to find the scroll, because it was "calling" him. Wu did not tell their father, though he followed his brother. Garmadon became frustrated when it was not there, to Wu's relief.
Wu wanted to know what secrets it held, though not as much as Garmadon. Eventually, they found and read it, and the young Wu wrote its secrets into his journal. Many years later, a wiser Wu realized that the scroll's secrets should never have been revealed, and placed a seal over where it was written so that it could not be seen.
- The Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitsu reads: The forbidden art.
- It is currently unknown what secrets are kept in the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu.
- There are multiple of them and it is unknown how many there are.
- It changes color when it corresponds with a different Element.
- When it was held by Lloyd, its color turned green. And when Aspheera wielded it, its color was red.