|“The art of Forbidden Spinjitzu.”|
“Forbidden Spinjitzu?! Are those for us?”
“No. They are far too powerful.”
|— Wu, Garmadon, and the First Spinjitzu Master, "Never Trust a Human"|
The Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu also known as the Forbidden Scrolls, were two scrolls of paper that contain the dark powers of Forbidden Spinjitzu. Young Wu and Garmadon used the scrolls to defeat Aspheera.
A thousand years later, Aspheera returned and found the first scroll only for the Ninja to find the second one. A climactic battle erupted until Zane used the scroll to freeze Aspheera and the Pyro Vipers, However, Aspheera used her scroll to banish Zane back in time to the Never-Realm alongside the second scroll right before he saves Wu. Afterwards, P.I.X.A.L. used Aspheera's staff to send the Ninja to the Never-Realm to save Zane. He had spent around 60 years in the Never-Realm in exile, turning the naginata with the second scroll into his personal scepter after becoming the Ice Emperor by Vex who wiped out his memories, while using it to enslave the realm. However, Zane destroys it upon regaining his memories.
The story told here is different from the series.
When Wu and Garmadon were young, they were searching in their father's library trying to find a cookbook to replace their regular meal of noodles. Garmadon found a book called The Art of Broth, and when he picked it up a scroll fell out. Garmadon picked the scroll up and said that it felt hot. He tried to read it, though Wu did not want to. Their father came in and took it from Garmadon. He told them never to touch the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu and ordered them to leave.
The next day, Garmadon went back to the library to find the scroll. Garmadon stated that he did it because it was "calling" him. Wu did not tell their father, though he followed his brother. Garmadon became frustrated when it was not there, to Wu's relief. Wu wanted to know what secrets it held, though not as much as Garmadon. Eventually, they found and read it, and the young Wu wrote its secrets into his journal. Many years later, a wiser Wu realized that the scroll's secrets should never have been revealed, and placed a seal over them in his journal so that it could not be seen.
In the ancient past, when Wu and Garmadon were children, the First Spinjitzu Master wrote the two scrolls that contained the power of Forbidden Spinjitzu. The Master forbade the brothers from using them, but they wielded the scrolls in order to defeat the Pyro Viper, Aspheera, and her followers. The First Spinjitzu Master was angry that they disobeyed, and hid them. Ages later, the scrolls would be discovered by archaeologists.
- Power Augmentation - The Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu can increase a user's powers. The Forbidden Spinjitzu is incredibly stronger than regular Spinjitzu. It increased Zane's power to the point where was able to single-handedly defeat Aspheera and her army.
- Power Bestowal - The Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu can give the user incredible power.
- Corruption Inducement - The scrolls induces aggression and corruption, seemingly causing users to become addicted to it via prolonged usage until the user turns evil.
- Realm Traveling - The Forbidden Scroll can banish or send someone/something to another realm and time. Aspheera first demonstrated this by sending the Titan Mech and Zane to the Never-Realm, around 60 years into the past. P.I.X.A.L. also used it to send the Ninja to the Never-Realm in the present.
- The Ninjagan text written on the scroll translates to "The Forbidden Art."
- Before Zane destroyed the second Forbidden Scroll, they were two Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu.
- One was at the Ninjago Museum of History until it was stolen by Aspheera, and the other was with the Explorers Club until it was stolen by Lloyd, Zane, and Nya, and later sent to the Never-Realm with Zane, where Vex claims it as Zane's Scepter. Upon regaining his memories, Zane destroys it.
- As of now, there is only one Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu left, as Zane destroyed the second one when he got his memories back.
- It changes color when it corresponds with a different power.
- As mentioned in "Ancient History," the power of the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu can be used to send someone or something to another realm and/or time period, as shown in "Under Siege," "Vengeance is Mine!," and "A Cold Goodbye."
- However, it's currently unknown if the scroll can only banish or send someone or something to the Never-Realm or any realm.
- It was also revealed in a live chat that it could also send someone or something into a different time period.
- The Scroll can channel any power, not just Elemental Powers.
- This was seen in "A Cold Goodbye" when P.I.X.A.L. possess the scroll.
- The Forbidden Scrolls appears to corrupt people, as shown in "Vengeance is Mine!" when Lloyd yelled at Nya and when Zane hesitated to give the Scroll to Wu.
- The scroll has a greater effect on those who are "pure." 
- This explains why the Forbidden Scroll had no effect on Garmadon and Aspheera when they held it while the scroll briefly corrupted Master Wu and Lloyd, and turned Zane evil.
- As shown in "Corruption," The Forbidden Scrolls can also corrupt Elemental Powers also, as Zane used his scepter to corrupt Grimfax's army and turned them into Blizzard Warriors.
- It appears the user must have a strong will to resist the effects, as seen with Lloyd in "Vengeance is Mine!" and Zane in "Corruption."
- The scroll has a greater effect on those who are "pure." 
- It appears to not work on regular people, as Kai tried to use it against Aspheera in "Vengeance is Mine!," when his powers were stolen, and when Vex tried to use it against Zane in "Corruption."
- The surrounding power behind any of the Ninja looks similar to the Super Saiyan transformation aura in Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super.
- There are several scrolls on the First Spinjitzu Master's desk, two of which were the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu. It is unknown what the rest of them are.
- ↑ https://youtu.be/LCUzfH9eHPk?t=4718 (live chat)
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1152181403951489029
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1167133549180444672