- This article is about the season. For the episode, click here.
|“The best way to defeat an enemy is to make them your friend.”|
|— Master Wu|
Season 1 of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, subtitled Rise of the Snakes, was preceded by the Mini-Movies, and succeeded by Season 2. Each of the four original Ninja were the focus, Pythor served as the main antagonist, and the Serpentine were the villainous faction of the season. The then-unknown Green Ninja was the mascot.
Since Lord Garmadon’s disappearance from the Underworld, NINJAGO Island has been at peace, but the young ninja have grown lazy. While Garmadon lurks in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike, the ninja meet his young son, Lloyd, who carelessly unleashes a fearsome new enemy upon NINJAGO Island – the ancient tribes of the Serpentine. The leader of the Serpentine, Pythor, hatches an evil plan to bring back the legendary, all-consuming snake, the Great Devourer.
The Ninja are relaxed. But trouble is brewing. . . .
|Season Ep #||Series Ep #||Image||Episode name||Airdate|
|1||1||"Rise of the Snakes"||December 2, 2011 (US)|
|2||2||"Home"||December 2, 2011 (US)|
|3||3||"Snakebit"||January 25, 2012 (US)|
|4||4||"Never Trust a Snake"||February 1, 2012|
|5||5||"Can of Worms"||February 8, 2012 (US)|
|6||6||"The Snake King"||February 15, 2012 (US)|
|7||7||"Tick Tock"||February 22, 2012 (US)|
|8||8||"Once Bitten, Twice Shy"||March 7, 2012 (US)|
|9||9||"The Royal Blacksmiths"||March 14, 2012 (US)|
|10||10||"The Green Ninja"||March 21, 2012 (US)|
|11||11||"All of Nothing"||March 28, 2012 (US)|
|12||12||"The Rise of the Great Devourer"||April 4, 2012 (US)|
|13||13||"Day of the Great Devourer"||April 11, 2012 (US)|
- Acidicus - Paul Dobson
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Fangtom - Mackenzie Gray
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Pythor P. Chumsworth - Michael Dobson
- Skales - Ian James Corlett
- Skalidor - Michael Dobson
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
The sets feature the normal white logo with green around it and Lloyd in the top right-hand corner.
- 9440 Venomari Shrine
- 9441 Kai's Blade Cycle
- 9442 Jay's Storm Fighter
- 9443 Rattlecopter
- 9444 Cole's Tread Assault
- 9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush
- 9446 Destiny's Bounty
- 9447 Lasha's Bite Cycle
- 9448 Samurai Mech
- 9449 Ultra Sonic Raider
- 9450 Epic Dragon Battle
- 9455 Fangpyre Mech
- 9456 Spinner Battle Arena
- 9457 Fangpyre Wrecking Ball
- 9551 Kendo Cole
- 9552 Lloyd Garmadon
- 9553 Jay ZX
- 9554 Zane ZX
- 9555 Mezmo
- 9556 Bytar
- 9557 Lizaru
- 9558 Training Set
- 9561 Kai ZX
- 9562 Lasha
- 9563 Kendo Zane
- 9564 Snappa
- 9566 Samurai X
- 9567 Fang-Suei
- 9569 Spitta
- 9570 NRG Jay
- 9571 Fangdam
- 9572 NRG Cole
- 9573 Slithraa
- 9574 Lloyd ZX
- 9579 Starter Set
- 9590 NRG Zane
- 9591 Weapon Pack
- This is one of two seasons to contain 13 episodes, with Season 3 breaking the trend with 8 episodes.
- This is the only season in which the Golden Weapons appear in every episode.
- This season reveals multiple things about the Ninja:
- It is revealed in Season 8 that during the Great Devourer's rampage on Ninjago City, Harumi's parents were killed in the destruction, leading into her transformation into the Quiet One.
- Cole mentions Clutch Powers in the ninth episode, referencing the 2009 LEGO movie, LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers.
- The Ninjas' four Elemental Dragons—Flame, Wisp, Shard, and Rocky—left the Ninja in the third episode, only to return in the season finale, now as the Ultra Dragon—a hybrid of all four Dragons.
- The identity of the Green Ninja (being Lloyd) was accidentally revealed in Feburary of 2012, two months before the actual reveal episode, "The Green Ninja" was released. This was due to LEGO Toy Fair picture leaks, revealing the LEGO set, 9574 Lloyd ZX.
- This is the only season where all four original Ninja (Kai, Jay, Zane, and Cole) were the focus Ninja (not counting the Mini-Movies).
- Although the four original Ninja were the focus Ninja, Nya and Lloyd also played a vital role.
- The four original Ninjas' focus was their True Potential in episodes 7-10.
- Kai was the focus Ninja in episode 10.
- Jay was the focus Ninja in episodes 3 and 8.
- Zane was the focus Ninja in episodes 2 and 7.
- Cole was the focus Ninja in episode 9.
- Lloyd was not a Ninja in the beginning, but his identity had changed several times throughout the series.
- Lloyd was an antagonist in episodes 1-4, but he became a protagonist starting from episode 5.
- Lloyd was revealed to be the Green Ninja in episode 10, which was vital to the whole story.
- Lloyd was the focus character in episode 10.
- Lloyd did not show an appearance in the main title, but the Green Ninja is seen in the beginning of each episode.
- Nya was not the focus character, but her identity of Samurai X was also a vital story line in episodes 5 and 6.
- Wu also had some capacity in the show (like his past with Garmadon in episode 7 and Wu versus Pythor in episode 12), but the appearance of Wu was less than the six main characters.
- Pythor served as the main antagonist of the season. Other important antagonists include Lord Garmadon (episodes 8-13), the Great Devourer (episode 13), Skales, and Lloyd (episodes 1-4).
- The Serpentine were the villainous faction of the season. The Skulkin Army also made cameos in episodes 7, 11, and 13.