|“This. Ends. Now.”|
|— Lloyd to the Overlord, "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master"|
Season 2 of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, subtitled Legacy of the Green Ninja or alternatively Return of the Dark Lord, was preceded by Season 1, and succeeded by Season 3. Lloyd was the focus Ninja and mascot. In the first half of the season, Lord Garmadon served as the main antagonist, and the Serpentine served as the villainous faction. In the second half, The Overlord served as the main antagonist, and the Stone Army served as the villainous faction.
Lord Garmadon has disappeared with all Four Golden Weapons and now he controls the Serpentine. Meanwhile, the ninja intensify their training of young Lloyd so he will be strong enough to defeat Lord Garmadon in the final battle. To gain evil power, Lord Garmadon goes to the Golden Peaks to convert all Four Golden Weapons into the weapon of creation – the Mega Weapon.
With the Golden Weapons now in Lord Garmadon's possession, the Ninja begins training Lloyd so that he can face his father one day and save Ninjago, something which he was afraid of for the sake of their bond. Garmadon works to thwart the prophecy by recruiting the masterless Serpentine and merging the Golden Weapons into the powerful Mega Weapon. After Garmadon's last attempt ended with Lloyd being aged into a teenager, like his four mentors, he attempts to change the events of the past. The original four Ninja follow Garmadon and use the Golden Weapons of the past to destroy the Mega Weapon, restoring the timeline and sending the Golden Weapons into space.
While Garmadon ends up on an island with a disembodied voice called the Overlord, the venom of the Great Devourer seeps into catacombs beneath Ninjago and animates the Stone Army, trapping the Serpentine underground in the process. Along with Misako, Lloyd's mother, the Ninja travel to the Dark Island to stop Garmadon. The Ninja fail to stop the countdown to the final battle, and the Overlord is revealed to be the dark lord from the prophecy. He possesses Garmadon and heads to Ninjago, with the Ninja in tow. After they found a way out of the Island, Lloyd uses his newfound Golden Power to defeat the Overlord, purge Garmadon of his evil, and become the Golden Ninja.
- Acidicus - Paul Dobson
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Dr Julien - Mark Oliver
- Fangtom - Mackenzie Gray
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Kozu - Paul Dobson
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Skales - Ian James Corlett
- Skalidor - Michael Dobson
- The Overlord - Scott McNeil
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Bank Boss (Ep. 14) - John Novak
- Bizarro Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Bizarro Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Bizarro Kai - Vincent Tong
- Bizarro Zane - Brent Miller
- Brad Tudabone - Kathleen Barr
- Cop (Ep. 15) - Mark Oliver
- Cop (Ep. 17) - Vincent Tong
- Cop #1 (Ep. 18) - Michael Adamthwaite
- Cop #2 (Ep. 18) - John Novak
- Chokun - Ian James Corlett
- Ed Walker - Colin Murdock
- Edna Walker - Jillian Michaels
- First Mate - Brent Miller
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- Gene - Kathleen Barr
- Guide Parrot - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kruncha - Brian Drummond
- Lasha - Vincent Tong
- Lou - Kirby Morrow
- Mezmo - Vincent Tong
- Mistaké - Mackenzie Gray
- Museum Curator -Mackenzie Gray
- No-Eyed Pete - Paul Dobson
- Noble - Paul Dobson
- Nuckal - Brian Drummond
- Patty Keys - Cathy Weseluck
- Postman - Michael Adamthwaite
- Rufus MacAllister - Paul Dobson
- Samukai - Michael Kopsa
- Serpentine Soldier - Vincent Tong
- Skulkin - Michael Adamthwaite
- Snike - Ian James Corlett
- Soto - Alan Marriott
- Mini Scout - Vincent Tong
- Stone Warrior - Scott McNeil, Alan Marriott
- Subway Controller #1 - Vincent Tong
- Subway Controller #2 - Michael Adamthwaite
- Vinny - Paul Dobson
|Season Ep #||Series Ep #||Image||Episode name||Airdate|
|1||14||"Darkness Shall Rise"||July 18, 2012|
|2||15||"Pirates Vs. Ninja"||July 25, 2012|
|3||16||"Double Trouble"||August 1, 2012|
|4||17||"Ninjaball Run"||August 8, 2012|
|5||18||"Child's Play"||August 15, 2012|
|6||19||"Wrong Place, Wrong Time"||August 22, 2012|
|7||20||"The Stone Army"||October 3, 2012|
|8||21||"The Day Ninjago Stood Still"||October 10, 2012|
|9||22||"The Last Voyage"||October 17, 2012|
|10||23||"Island of Darkness"||October 24, 2012|
|11||24||"The Last Hope"||November 7, 2012|
|12||25||"Return of the Overlord"||November 14, 2012|
|13||26||"Rise of the Spinjitzu Master"||November 21, 2012|
- 70500 Kai's Fire Mech
- 70501 Warrior Bike
- 70502 Cole's Earth Driller
- 70503 The Golden Dragon
- 70504 Garmatron
- 70505 Temple of Light
- This is the second and last season to contain 13 episodes.
- This was originally intended to be the last season of Ninjago, as the franchise was planned to be discontinued in 2013. However, fan demand brought it back.
- This is the only Season to be released on Blu-Ray. It is unknown if any others will be released.
- This season has two arcs, which are "The Mega Weapon Arc" (episodes 14-19), and "The Final Battle" (episodes 20-26).
- In the version of the intro used in episodes 14-18 before Lloyd was aged up, Wu's beard appeared more like the one on his minifigure. In Episode 19, it returned to its normal appearance similar to that of the Season 1 intro.
- Lloyd was the focus Ninja throughout the season. The whole season was built up for the final battle taking place in episode 26.
- Lloyd had four focus episodes, which were episodes 18, 20, 25, and 26.
- Zane and Kai had prominent roles this season due to their own focus episodes.
- Zane was the focus character in episode 22, about the backstory of Zane and the fate of Dr. Julien.
- Kai was the focus Ninja in episode 19, about things that happen to Kai in the Pilot Episodes.
- Nya also had a larger role in the season.
- Nya was captured in episode 24 and corrupted in episode 25 using Dark Matter. She became a loyal servant of the villains in episodes 25 and 26.
- Jay and Cole had minor roles this season, though Jay has a larger role than Cole.
- Jay has a heavier role in episodes 14 and 16, but he is not the main focus.
- Wu had some capacity in the show (like his relationship with Garmadon and Misako in episode 21), but the appearance of Wu was less than the six main characters.
- Misako had her first appearance in episode 20. She had some capacity in episodes 20-26.
- Lord Garmadon was the main antagonist of the season until Episode 20, in which The Overlord took over as the main antagonist of the season. Other important antagonists include Skales (episodes 14; 17-21), Fangtom (episodes 14-21), Skalidor (episodes 14-21), Acidicus (episodes 14-21), General Kozu (episodes 21-26), and Nya (episodes 25-26).
- The Serpentine were the villainous faction of the season until Episode 21. During and after Episode 21, the Stone Army took over as the villainous faction of the season. The Skulkin also made a short appearance in Episode 19.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/832360199612669952
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20191221054601/https://www.wilfilm.dk/work/tv-series/ninjago-masters-of-spinjitzu-season-2/