The third season of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, subtitled Rebooted, was preceded by Season 2 and succeeded by Season 4. Zane was the focus ninja and mascot character, the Overlord served as the main antagonist, and the Nindroids were the villainous faction of the season.
Victory in the Final Battle between the Golden Ninja and the Overlord has ushered in a new era of peace and begun a technological renaissance. NINJAGO City has been rebuilt into a futuristic wonder and is now completely interconnected. Welcome to New NINJAGO City. The ninja have found there is very little need for their heroics and have become teachers at Wu’s Academy. But peace is an illusion… 
After the Overlord was defeated by Lloyd, Ninjago City was in complete ruins. However, a man named Cyrus Borg believed that if they worked together, they could achieve anything. In a matter of weeks, Ninjago had been rebuilt into a futuristic metropolis called New Ninjago City.
Without an enemy to fight, the ninja became teachers at Wu's Academy. One day, they received clearance for a field trip to Borg Industries. But upon their arrival, they learn that the Overlord survived the final battle and is trapped in the Digiverse as a virus. Cyrus Borg realizes this and gives the ninja the Techno Blades, which are the keys to destroy the Overlord.
The Overlord uses P.I.X.A.L. (an android who works at Borg Industries) to create an army of Nindroids from Zane's blueprints and plans to capture Lloyd, as his Golden Power will help him escape the digital realm. The hard drive containing the Overlord is later stolen by Pythor, revealed to have survived being eaten by the Great Devourer.
He captures Lloyd, and the Overlord drains him of most of his Golden Power. Though the ninja defeat him in the Digiverse, the Overlord escapes the digital realm half-formed. Lloyd then splits his remaining Golden Power among the four ninja, therefore, restoring their Elemental abilities, knowing that the power would be a big responsibility for him to bear alone.
The Overlord, needing to complete his transformation, sends the Nindroids to space to retrieve the Golden Weapons from the constellation Arcturus, which they succeed in doing. The Overlord becomes the Golden Master, fulfilling an old Serpentine prophecy, and wreaks havoc on New Ninjago City. With no other option, Zane sacrifices himself to destroy the Golden Master. However, he survives, trapped in the Digiverse, and rebuilds himself using titanium.
|Season Ep #||Series Ep #||Image||Episode name||Airdate|
|1||27||"The Surge"||January 29, 2014 (US)|
|2||28||"The Art of the Silent Fist"||January 29, 2014 (US)|
|3||29||"Blackout"||April 16, 2014 (US)|
|4||30||"The Curse of the Golden Master"||April 16, 2014 (US)|
|5||31||"Enter the Digiverse"||July 13, 2014 (US)|
|6||32||"Codename: Arcturus"||July 13, 2014 (US)|
|7||33||"The Void"||November 26, 2014 (US)|
|8||34||"The Titanium Ninja"||November 26, 2014 (US)|
- Acidicus - Paul Dobson
- Brad Tudabone - Kathleen Barr
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Cryptor - Richard Newman
- Cyrus Borg - Lee Tockar
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Dr. Julien - Mark Oliver
- Ed Walker - Colin Murdock
- Fangtom (credited as "Fangpyre") - Scott McNeil
- Fritz Donnegan - Jillian Michaels
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lasha (credited as "Venomari") - Michael Adamthwaite
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Marla - Kathleen Barr
- Min-Droid - Micheal Adamthwaite
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nindroid Warriors - Vincent Tong
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Postman - Michael Adamthwaite
- Pythor P. Chumsworth - Michael Dobson
- Robo Usher 3000 - Brent Miller
- Sally - Kathleen Barr
- Selma - Jillian Michaels
- Skales Jr. - Alyssya Swales
- Skales - Ian James Corlett
- The Overlord - Scott McNeil
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
These sets focused on ninja vehicles and Nindroid vehicles. The final two sets, depicting elements from the second story arc (the last three episodes) were released as a separate wave, the smallest wave of sets to this date.
- 70720 Hover Hunter
- 70721 Kai Fighter
- 70722 OverBorg Attack
- 70723 Thunder Raider
- 70724 NinjaCopter
- 70725 Nindroid MechDragon
- 70726 Destructoid
- 70727 X-1 Ninja Charger
- 70728 Battle for Ninjago City
- After the Blackout
- Digital Love
- Eye of the Storm
- Full Digital
- Spinnin' Out In Color
- The Weekend Whip (Michael AM 2014 Remix)
- We Are Ninja
The Trivia on Season 3: Rebooted needs to be organized.
- The collectible items featured in this season are the Techno Blades.
- This is the only season to have eight episodes. However, it has the same amount of watch time as Prime Empire, Master of the Mountain and Seabound which have sixteen eleven-minute episodes.
- This is the first season to air entirely in Australia/New Zealand before the United States.
- For some reason, the color of the names of the episode in the title card changes from gold to white after the first two episodes, then changes to a light shade of yellow mixed with white before going back to gold.
- The working title of Rebooted was 'The Nindroid Agenda.'
- During development, the episode number was originally 2, then 4, and then 8. This caused the first two episodes to feel somewhat rushed and left most of the plans for Evil Wu out of the final product. The reason the season was 8 episodes was most likely due to budget.
- Tommy Andreasen stated, "I didn’t like the love triangle. But the Hs [Hageman Brothers] did. Live and let live."
- In some airings, the tune of the audio had a low pitch.
- This is the only season not to physically feature any version of the Destiny's Bounty, and second installment overall, following the pilot episodes.
- The Destiny's Bounty was used for the first two seasons and then from the fourth season all the way up to fourteenth season, taking on a new appearance in the fourth, eighth and thirteenth seasons respectively. It was also used in the canon book series, Dark Island Trilogy.
- A new variant, the Land Bounty, was introduced and used throughout Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu.
- In Seabound, a second new variant, the Hydro Bounty, was introduced.
- Ninjago's return was first confirmed on the message boards of LEGO's official website.
- This season uses the "split-screen" technique noticeably more often than other seasons.
- This is the only appearance of P.I.X.A.L. in her original body. The next time she is physically seen is as Samurai X from The Hands of Time onward, and thus, she always wears the Samurai X suit.
- The Hageman Brothers' favorite part of making this season was seeing Simon Lucas bring P.I.X.A.L. to life.
- When asked why they brought the Overlord back for this season, the Hageman Brothers stated, "we thought the ultimate battle would be the end. S3 taught us how expansive the stories could be".
- This season included two appearances of one-episode ninja suits that would later be released intermittently in special sets throughout the following years. The first was the Golden Techno robes from "Enter the Digiverse" and the second was the Stone Warrior armor from "The Titanium Ninja".
- Tommy Andreasen stated in 2018 that his fondest memory working with the Hageman Brothers was a "late-night Saturday heated (but constructive) argument about Cyrus Borg’s intentions and the nature of his Digiverse" and that he thinks they "owe it to the World to tell that story some time."
- Zane was the focus ninja throughout this season. His relationship with P.I.X.A.L, the battle with an army of Nindroids that were created from his blueprints, and the ultimate sacrifice that he made to save Ninjago were its primary plot points.
- Zane was focused on in Episodes 28, 29, 33 and 34.
- In Episode 28, Zane had a fight with the new Nindroid Cryptor. He also witnessed P.I.X.A.L powering down as the ninja shut down the power.
- Zane have half of his heart to P.I.X.A.L in Episode 29, and his struggles was shown to balance his power with her.
- In Episode 33, Zane was the only ninja who could survive in space, forcing him to retrieve suits for the ninja which he eventually did.
- In Episode 34, he sacrificed his own life to save his friends and ultimately destroys the Overlord. A funeral was held for him as well as giving him the title of the 'Titanium Ninja'.
- Zane was focused on in Episodes 28, 29, 33 and 34.
- P.I.X.A.L. had a major role in this season behind Zane, especially in Episodes 28 and 34. The story between her and Zane became one of the season's main storylines.
- Kai also had a major role in this season.
- Kai was focused on in Episodes 31 and 32.
- In Episode 31, Kai was shown to struggle in the Digiverse. Later, he was caught in a conflict with the Overlord, where he learned to control himself in the world.
- In Episode 32, Kai driving his Prototype X-1 machine car and fighting with the Nindroids became the main plotline.
- Kai was the only ninja to give a speech at Zane's funeral, hinting at his main role in the next season.
- Kai was focused on in Episodes 31 and 32.
- Lloyd also had a large role in this season. His relationship with Master Garmadon was an additional part of the season's story.
- He was also focused on in Episode 31, where he was used to complete the transformation for the Overlord with the use of his Golden power.
- The story between Jay, Cole, and Nya mainly focuses on the love triangle between them, which is mainly shown in Episode 29. However, their roles are relatively minor.
- Wu had some capacity in the show (like Techno Wu in episodes 29-31), but the appearance of Wu was less than the six main characters.
- Sensei Garmadon had returned in this season and had a good role, mostly with his son, Lloyd.
- Misako also had returned in this season in some capacity in episodes 28, 33, and 34.
- The Overlord served as the main antagonist of this season.
- Pythor served as the secondary antagonist of this season.
- Other important antagonists include P.I.X.A.L. (episodes 27-28), OverBorg (episodes 27-28; 32-34), General Cryptor, Min-Droid, and Techno Wu (episodes 29-31).
- The Nindroids were the villainous faction of this season.
- https://youtu.be/BNkNtFulMwA?t=6848 (live-chat)
- LEGO Message Boards confirmation of Ninjago's return