Each staff looks the same; a golden cobra twining around a golden staff. A flat round piece goes in the middle, each with a special design for the five tribes.
In "The Curse of the Golden Master," this is no longer the case; every General's staff sports a dark green color scheme and no longer has anti-venom. (However, this may only be the case with only the Venomari Staff.)
- They are similar to a coat of arms, both having a design and a specific user that it shows who wields it in power or rank.
- The Anacondrai Staff is the only snake staff that did not appear in the 2012 sets.
- Instead, its departed form appears in the set 70596 Samurai X Cave Chaos released in 2016
- The Serpentine Staffs are incredibly durable, being able to withstand many hits from various weapons throughout their appearances.
- They are currently stored in Borg Tower Vaults, along with other powerful artifacts and weapons from Ninja enemies.
- As seen in the episode "Day of the Great Devourer", any serpentine staff can rip a person out of spinjitzu with a few hits.