- Not to be confused with the episode.
Skull Sorcerer contains spoilers
Please make sure to take the following precautions before you view "Skull Sorcerer"
|This article is a stub.
You can help Ninjago Wiki by expanding it.
|“You have meddled in the wrong place! Now, you will witness my true wrath! The wrath of the Skull Sorcerer!”|
|— The Skull Sorcerer to Cole, "Into the Dark"|
The Skull Sorcerer is the ruler of the Dungeons of Shintaro. Many years before the Ninjas' arrival at Shintaro Mountain, the Skull Sorcerer found an ancient skull that used to belong to a sorcerer named Hazza D'ur, giving him the power to resurrect the Awakened Warriors while allowing him to take control of the Dungeons of Shintaro and force the Geckles and Munce to mine Vengestone for him.
When the Munce and Geckles stopped working after a Mino destroyed a wheelbarrow, the Skull Sorcerer accused them of being lazy and used the Skull of Hazza D'ur to punish them. Although when Cole interrupted him, the Skull Sorcerer commanded the Awakened Warriors to stop him, but only for Cole to destroy the skeletons until the Skull Sorcerer used the Skull of Hazza D'ur to rebuild them and capture Cole.
After the Geckles and Munce got into a fight, the Skull Sorcerer finds the Ninja attempting to escape after they freed Cole. However, the Skull Sorcerer uses the Skull of Hazza D'ur to reconstruct the Awakened Warriors and ordered them to capture the Ninja.
As Lloyd and Cole were looking for the Blades of Deliverance, the Skull Sorcerer attacks them until they escaped while the other Ninja freed the Geckles and Munce. After the Ninja were split into groups, the Skull Sorcerer chases Cole until he couldn't find which tunnel Cole went to.
The Skull Sorcerer is dressed in a black and green robe that has the triquetra symbol and the words "Dead Irse" in Ninjargon text on it. He has black wings on his back and wears a white mask showing his glowing green eyes and a black conical hat on top.
- 146. "Into the Dark"
- 147. "The Worst Rescue Ever"
- 148. "The Two Blades"
- 150. "Trial By Mino" (pictured)
- He is the third main antagonist in the series to have magic. The first two are Nadakhan and Aspheera.
- He is the fourth villain to have a dragon. The first three being the Overlord with the Nindroid MechDragon, Morro with the Morro Dragon, and the Ice Emperor with Boreal.
- He is the first LEGO Ninjago minifigure to have wings.
- He reuses the wing pieces of the Bats from Legends of Chima.
- He is the second main villain to have the 2018 slope piece, the first being Unagami. However, unlike Unagami, he has no back printing on the slope piece.
- The symbol on his torso is called the triquetra, which is also known as the Triple Moon.
- A triquetra is an ancient symbol used by pagans to represent the threefold nature of the goddess: maiden, mother, and crown.
- It also symbolizes the goddess' three faces: mind, body, and spirit.
- It is also commonly used to reference the Holy Trinity in Christianity, being the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- At this time it is unknown if any of these meanings have a connection to the Skull Sorcerer.
- In Ninjargon text, the words "Dead Rise" are written on his torso and extending to the slope piece in the sets.
- However, in the show, the words are "Dead Irse."
- While in the sets he has only black eyes on the mask, in the show he also has a mouth, green eyes and highlighted features.
- According to one of the Ninjago Magazines, the Skull Sorcerer took control of the Dungeons of Shintaro by using the Skull of Hazza D'ur and stealing the Blades of Deliverance from the Geckles and Munce.
- He is one of the three main antagonists that doesn't appear in the first episode of their season, the others being Pythor and the Preeminent.