|Hazza D'ur||Skull of Hazza D'ur|
The Skull of Hazza D'ur was an ancient skull of the sorcerer called Hazza D'ur. After he died, his bones and the skull remained in the Dungeons of Shintaro until it was found by the Lowly, who were asked to retrieve it for King Vangelis. He then used the Skull to take control of the Dungeons of Shintaro as the Skull Sorcerer. Eventually, it was destroyed by Cole using the Spinjitzu Burst.
Prior to Master of the Mountain
Many centuries later, Vangelis learned that in Dungeons of Shintaro there is the Skull of Hazza D'ur and therefore on tasked the Lowly to retrieve it so it could be destroyed and keep Shintaro safe.
The adventurers managed to overcome all the traps and enter the restricted cave, where Hazza D'ur's skull was placed on a pedestal under a large statue. Korgran tried to take it with his hands, but the skull immediately came to life and tried to possess him with the Dark Magic. However, Korgran managed to drop the skull and it remained dormant. Korgran then grabbed the skull with his axe and took it with the others to Vangelis to the palace. Vangelis then asked them if they agree that the skull should be destroyed, and when everyone agreed, he banished them into Rock-Bottom. Hazza D'ur's soul then appeared in the skull again and began to laugh with Vangelis.
The Skull Sorcerer had the Skull of Hazza D'ur with him and used it to punish the Munce and Geckles after they stopped working. Cole entered the Skull Keep and defeated the Re-Awakened to stop Vangelis, who used the Skull of Hazza D'ur to reassemble the Re-Awakened.
The Skull Sorcerer uses the Skull of Hazza D'ur to revive the previously defeated Awakened Warriors and defeat the ninja.
While Cole and Lloyd were looking for the Blades of Deliverance so they could know if the Skull Sorcerer was the one who stole them, they instead found the Skull of Hazza D'ur and were confronted by the Skull Sorcerer, who used the ancient relic to attack them. Lloyd and Cole were able to knock the Skull of Hazza D'ur out of the Skull Sorcerer's hands and escape. The Skull Sorcerer regained possession of it, and used the skull to attack Cole while chasing after him.
While warning Wu and Vangelis about the Skull Sorcerer, Cole mentioned the Skull of Hazza D'ur to them, but said that it glowed red instead of green. Vangelis, however, corrected Cole by revealing the Skull of Hazza D'ur to them and his identity as the Skull Sorcerer. After he and Cole were attacked by Vangelis, Wu told the others that they had to get the Skull of Hazza D'ur to defeat him. Chompy tried to get it, but Vangelis stopped him.
After Cole, Wu, and Vania fell into the pit, Vangelis put the Skull of Hazza D'ur away before blaming the incident on Chompy.
After the Vangelis learned that the ninja were convincing the Munce and Geckles to have a truce meeting, he used the Skull of Hazza D'ur to transform into the Skull Sorcerer and resurrect Grief-Bringer.
The Skull Sorcerer had the Skull of Hazza D'ur with him as Grief-Bringer and the Awakened Warriors break down the Geckle Strong-Cave.
The skull was with the Skull Sorcerer as he taunted the ninja and telling them of his next intentions. When the Skull Sorcerer was battling Cole during the battle for Shintaro Mountain, he used the Skull of Hazza D'ur shoots beams at him while it revived the Re-Awakened.
The Skull Sorcerer continued to use the Skull of Hazza D'ur to fight Cole and then used it to destroy the Blades of Deliverance. Eventually, the Skull Sorcerer used the skull to overwhelm Cole, who soon unlocked the Spinjitzu Burst and destroyed the Skull of Hazza D'ur. This in return, destroyed Vangelis' source of power, reverting the revived skeletons back to bones, and defeating Hazza D'ur once more.
It is unknown what Hazza D'ur looked like in life, but his skull had a very strange shape, being much larger than that of an ordinary person, which may be due to the early evolution of human.
The Skull of Hazza D'ur was separated from his body after his death, being sand-green in color. When the skull was active, it glowed a light green color. The appearance of the skull itself was very similar to the heads of the Skulkin and the Re-Awakened, with the jaw attached to the rest of the head and allowing it to open and close. The skull had several green teeth in its mouth, although a few were missing on the right side. In the slits for the eyes, the skull had two green-yellow glowing eyes, the color of which faded to white as the skull used its power. It also had a scar on its right eye and was able to move the slits to create different expressions, although this would not be possible with other skulls.
- Dark Magic - After Hazza D'ur's death, the skull contained all of his dark magic, which was previously used to create and rule the Dungeons of Shintaro, acting as a source of power and a vessel for Hazza D'ur's spirit.
- Necromancy - The Skull of Hazza D'ur was able to bring back deceased beings in their skeletal forms to make them work for it.
- Beam emission - The Skull of Hazza D'ur was able to project beams of concentrated dark magic.
- Evil transformation - With the help of dark magic, the Skull of Hazza D'ur managed to make dark power overtake the one who touched it.
- Levitation - The Skull of Hazza D'ur was able to levitate.
Using His Head
King Vangelis transforms into his winged form using the Skull of Hazza D'Ur. When he holds the ancient relic, he gains the powers of this long-gone dark sorcerer and can even animate dusty old skeletons.
- 146. "Into the Dark"
- 147. "The Worst Rescue Ever"
- 148. "The Two Blades"
- 150. "Trial By Mino" (pictured)
- 151. "The Skull Sorcerer"
- 152. "The Real Fall"
- 153. "Dungeon Party!" (flashback)
- 155. "Grief-Bringer"
- 157. "The Darkest Hour"
- 159. "The Upply Strike Back!"
- 160. "The Son of Lilly"
- 67. Monstrous Mission! (indirectly mentioned)
- 70. Invincible Beast (mentioned)
- 71. Ship Wrecked! (flashback)
Behind the scenes
- The physical LEGO Skull and the 3D render in the show have a number of noticeable differences:
- While in the show the Skull of Hazza D'ur is glowing green, in the sets it is light sand green, resembling its coloring in "Dungeon Party!."
- It has a scar through the right eye in the show, but it doesn't have it in sets.
- On the sets, it has white teeth, although they are green in the show.
- The Skull had a similar role in the show as the Book of Monsters in Nexo Knights as they were both used to be the power source of the villain. The only difference is that the Book persuaded Jestro to be evil while Vangelis already was.
The images on Skull of Hazza D'ur need to be organized.