The Skull of Hazza D'ur was an ancient skull that was somehow connected to the evil sorcerer, Hazza D'ur. After he died, his bones and the skull remained in the Dungeons of Shintaro until it was found by the Lowly, who were asked to retrieve it for King Vangelis. He then used the Skull to take control of the Dungeons of Shintaro as the Skull Sorcerer. Eventually, it was destroyed by Cole using the Spinjitzu Burst.
- 1 History
- 2 Official description
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Behind the scenes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Prior to Master of the Mountain
During Fungus, Korgran and Plundar's quest, they discover the Skull of Hazza D'ur. Korgran attempts to pick it up, but Dark Magic seeps into his body. He drops the artifact after realizing the skull is evil. He then picks it up with his axe and the trio head back to the Kingdom of Shintaro.
When they return to Vangelis, Korgran requests to destroy it, but Vangelis cites the tremendous power they could have if they kept the skull. However, when the three insist that it must be destroyed, Vangelis sends them into Rock-Bottom.
The Skull Sorcerer uses the Skull of Hazza D'ur to revive the previously defeated Awakened Warriors and defeat the ninja.
The two flee back to the main cavern, but the Skull Sorcerer follows, shooting beams at the ninja. When everyone is running away, Cole takes a tunnel different from everyone else, so the Skull Sorcerer decides to follow him, but loses him.
Vangelis reveals the Skull of Hazza D'ur to Cole, Wu, and Vania and turns into the Skull Sorcerer. Wu and Cole try to attack Vangelis, but he throws the Skull of Hazza D'ur at them. The skull watches as Cole and Wu fall into the pit and Vania going after them.
The Skull of Hazza D'ur informs Vangelis that sacrifices are necessary to succeed, and he puts the Skull of Hazza D'ur away, so the Winged Guards of Shintaro wouldn't know.
After the Vangelis learns about the ninja are convincing the Munce and Geckles to have a truce meeting, he uses the Skull of Hazza D'ur to transform into the Skull Sorcerer and resurrect Grief-Bringer.
The Skull of Hazza D'ur follows the Skull Sorcerer as Grief-Bringer and the Awakened Warriors break down the Geckle Strong-Cave. After the ninja surrendered themselves for the Munce and Geckles to be free, the Skull of Hazza D'ur laughs at the tribes and lie about their promise.
The Skull of Hazza D'ur follows Vangelis and taunts the ninja for standing in his way. When Vangelis is fighting Cole, the Skull of Hazza D'ur shoots beams at Cole.
The Skull Sorcerer and Skull of Hazza D'ur continue to fight and mock Cole. During the fight, they gain the upper hand, and the Skull of Hazza D'ur begins using its powers to overwhelm Cole, but he unlocks the Spinjitzu Burst and destroys the skull. This in return obliterates the Awakened Warriors and Grief-Bringer as well as reverting the Skull Sorcerer back to his normal form.
Using His Head
King Vangelis transforms into his winged form using the Skull of Hazza D'Ur. When he holds the ancient relic, he gains the powers of this long-gone dark sorcerer and can even animate dusty old skeletons.
- 146. "Into the Dark"
- 147. "The Worst Rescue Ever"
- 148. "The Two Blades"
- 150. "Trial By Mino" (pictured)
- 151. "The Skull Sorcerer"
- 152. "The Real Fall"
- 153. "Dungeon Party!" (flashback)
- 155. "Grief-Bringer"
- 157. "The Darkest Hour"
- 159. "The Upply Strike Back!"
- 160. "The Son of Lilly"
- 71. Ship Wrecked! (flashback; no lines)
Behind the scenes
- While the word "Hazza" is synonymous with the words "harras" or "hassle," the word "D'ur" does not have an exact meaning, although in Sindarin the word "Dûr" means "dark."
- The physical LEGO Skull and the 3D render in the show have a number of noticeable differences:
- While in the show the Skull of Hazza D'ur is glowing green, in the sets it is light sand green, resembling its coloring in "Dungeon Party!."
- It has a scar through the right eye in the show, but it doesn't have it in sets.
- On the sets, it has white teeth, although they are green in the show.
- The Skull had a similar role in the show as the Book of Monsters in LEGO Nexo Knights as they were both used to be the power source of the villain. The only difference is that the Book persuaded Jestro to be evil while Vangelis already was.
- When asked if there is an origin story for the Skull of Hazza D'ur and the Re-Awakened, Tommy Andreasen responded, "Yes. Only I know."
- It is unclear if the Skull is Hazza D'ur's remains or an object that he owned. However, Vangelis referred to it as "Hazza D'ur" in "Grief-Bringer," implying it is the former.
The images on Skull of Hazza D'ur need to be organized.