|“Enough! I am the General! You will return my staff at once!”|
|— Slithraa, to Skales in "Home"|
- 1 History
- 2 LEGO.com description
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Slithraa was freed from his imprisonment when Lloyd Garmadon stumbled upon the Hypnobrai Tomb and opened it. When the would-be evil overlord fell into the tomb, Slithraa emerged and attempted to hypnotize him. Unfortunately for Slithraa, Lloyd slipped on the icy floor, causing Slithraa to accidentally hypnotize himself when his gaze reflected off a large ice stalagmite that was behind Lloyd. In this hypnotized state, he readily agreed to serve Lloyd and summoned the rest of his tribe from their hiding places.
Under Lloyd's command, Slithraa led the Hypnobrai to Jamanakai Village, ordering his tribe to hypnotize everyone in town and steal all of their candy. His second-in-command, Skales, was dissatisfied at this course of action, deeming it petty and a waste of their talents, but Slithraa kept him in line. When the ninja arrived, Slithraa sent both the Hypnobrai and the hypnotized villagers into battle. Despite being out of practice, the ninja managed to take Slithraa's staff, prompting Lloyd to call a retreat.
Without the Hypnobrai Staff, Slithraa was forced to assert his authority more frequently than ever, especially to the grumbling Skales. Unbeknownst to either Slithraa or Lloyd, Skales was already working on a plan to usurp his General and get rid of the would-be evil overlord commanding the snakes.
Slithraa's next mission for his tribe led them into the Wildwood Forest to build a treehouse fortress for Lloyd. While he continued to rebuke Skales for his insubordinate attitude, the ninja attacked and destroyed the treehouse. In the confusion, Skales led the Hypnobrai to the Monastery of Spinjitzu, reclaiming the Hypnobrai Staff before burning the ninja's home to the ground. Skales also took Lloyd as a prisoner, trapping him in one of his own booby traps before tying him up at some point during the Serpentine's raid on the Monastery.
Slithraa accompanied his tribe back to the Hypnobrai Tomb, where Lloyd demanded that he do something about the current situation. The Serpentine General immediately demanded the return of his staff, but Skales refused, challenging Slithraa to a Slither Pit in an attempt to take leadership of the Hypnobrai for himself. After a fierce battle overseen by Mezmo, Slithraa was defeated by Skales' mastery of "Fang Kwon Do." As a result, he was transformed into a Warrior-ranked Hypnobrai while Skales gained the colors and tail of a General. With his new authority, Skales demanded that Slithraa obey him instead of Lloyd, and Slithraa swore allegiance to his new leader.
The original keeper of the magic Hypnobrai staff and head of the Hypnobrai tribe.
After his attempt to hypnotize Lloyd in the ice cave, it backfires and leaves Slithraa in Lloyd’s control, his authority is drawn into serious question.
However, Slithraa seems content to lead the Hypnobrai into Lloyd’s battles for sugar and ultimate bad boyhood. After all, Lloyd released them from the ice cave, and no one would ever dare challenge him as long as he still holds the staff.[link unavailable]
- 131. "Level Thirteen" (TV screen)
- Viper Smash (non-canon)
- Viper Smash ZX (non-canon)
- LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame (non-canon)
- Slithraa has the same head mold as Skales with alternate printing.
- Before the Slither Pit battle, Slithraa's appearance was identical to Skales's current appearance, and vice versa.
- In The Realm of Shadows, a recreation of Slithraa's head is seen being used as a bottle cap among other bottles of what is presumably Serpentine anti-venom.
- His name is based on the word, "slither."
- He was the first Serpentine to appear in the series.
- On his character card and spinner set, he wields the Hypnobrai Staff, even though he's not a general anymore.
- The cheapest way to get Slithraa in a set is in his spinner set.
- He is the only non-general of the original Serpentine tribes not to appear multiple times within the same scenes. In his three appearances after he lost his general status, he appeared as a single character, unlike snakes such as Fangdam, Lizaru, and Bytar, whose designs were used as character models to populate groups of Serpentine.
- However, there were multiple snakes with Slithraa's design in "Rise of the Snakes," but this was before he lost his status as a general.
- There are errors present in all three of Slithraa's appearances after he lost his general status.
- In "The Snake King," he was on the Serpentine Bus to Ouroboros but did not appear in Ouroboros after the bus arrived.
- In "Double Trouble," he was only present in one shot despite multiple shots showing the group of Serpentine aboard the Black Bounty, and he didn't have his warrior markings.
- In "The Titanium Ninja," he had Skales's voice.
- His and Skales's Slither Pit duel appears on one of the TV screens at Borg Tower in "The Surge" and "Level Thirteen."
- A Hypnobrai general is seen in the flashback to the Serpentine War in "Spellbound," but it's unknown if this was Slithraa or a previous general who Slithraa replaced during entombment.
- He prefers having a simple life, and loathes uprisings.