- Not to be confused with the set.
The sub car was being worked on by P.I.X.A.L..
Jay drives the sub car into the water and saves some tourists, and joins the fight and fires rockets at Wojira. However, the sub car was nearly eaten by Wojira, but dropped it when Nya stopped her, with Jay, into the water, where it sunk. It appears to not have sustained that much damage due to being extremely durable, only the wheels being bent a little and the cockpit been cracked.
Jay, while trapped, attempts to contact the ninja. However, the car powers down, causing the inside to flood. Jay tries to punch open the glass cockpit, but to no use, until Benthomaar and Cole save him.
The sub car can convert its wheels into rotors that can drive through water, acting as a submersible. It can also fire torpedoes that have a much higher payload than those of the mini submarines, as the sub car's were actually able to harm Wojira. It is also apparently extremely durable, as it was able to resist being fully destroyed by Wojira's massive fangs.
Ninja Sub Speeder
Get ready for nonstop aquatic adventures from the NINJAGO®: Seabound TV series as Scuba Cole and Scuba Jay take on the Maaray Guards with their Ninja Sub Speeder. The 2-in-1 vehicle can drive across land or be transformed into a submarine to dive to the bottom of the sea. Detach the drone to keep an eye on the pesky Guards! You must win the wave amulet to save NINJAGO City from a massive wave!
- It is called the "Ninja Sub Speeder" in the sets.
- This is Jay's second car, the first being the Ghost Taker GT.
- The way the sub car transforms from a car to a submarine is similar to Finn McMissile's submarine mode in Cars 2.
- In the show, the front wheels of the car turn upwards, however in the set, they are intended to be turned downwards but can still turn upwards.
- In the television series, the propellers on the wheels are gold in the television series, but in the sets, the propellers are gray.