Tai-D (also known as Gizmo) is a robot created by Dr. Julien used to assist the inventor. Tai-D resided at Lighthouse Island for many years, keeping Julien company during his time there. Later, in the alternate timeline, it aided Jay and Nya when they were hiding from the Sky Pirates.
Prior to the series
After Wu, Misako and the ninja arrived at the lighthouse, Julien had Gizmo serve them tea. As Tai-D rolled around, the ninja were amazed by his abilities, with Jay trying to mess with Tai-D. The robot didn't take kindly to this and burnt Jay, warding him off.
During Jay and Nya's visit, Tai-D was helping to clean up, even putting items back into Jay's bag when they were trying to unpack. Tai-D was the one who leads Nya and Jay to Echo Zane and played chess with him afterward, in which he sneaked pieces under the table, much to Echo Zane's confusion.
Echo Zane was in the process of repairing Tai-D when Jay arrived to recruit him.
- Sky Pirates (in an alternate timeline)
- 22. "The Last Voyage"
- 90. Pirate Problem!
- His name in the set is a respelling of the word, "tidy."
- Despite being in the show since 2012, he didn't appear in LEGO form until 2016.
- In his concept art file name he is called "Robot butler".
- He is similar to the Robo Usher 3000, as both are small, wheeled robots built for assistance and companionship.
- In the Lighthouse Siege product animation, he seems to be able to fly or levitate, something he has not done in the show.
- While his head in the show looks like a 1x1 cone without a top groove, it's a round 1x1 open stud brick in the set. This is likely because printing is not possible on the former due to its more complex shape.