|"Oh, my! Would you look at this mess."|
- 1 History
- 2 Locations
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Behind the scenes
- 5 Gallery
The Tale of Benthomaar (flashback)
After Kalmaar told Trimaar about the Tartarus Trench. Trimaar forbid Kalmaar from going there due to the trench being dangerous. But Kalmar ignored his father's order, and tricked Benthomaar into helping him find a safe route through the trench.
Once they went to the Tartarus Trench, Benthomaar and Kalmaar swam past the vents and successfully made it to the Temple of Wojira.
After being hit by a strange energy pulse while out at sea, P.I.X.A.L. and Zane trace it’s source of origin to the Tartarus Trench, with P.I.X.A.L remarking on the way it affected the underwater creatures, and theorizing that it could be the source of Nya’s issues. They then make haste to the monastery, and inform the others of their suspicions, with Wu declaring they were going to visit the trench.
The Ninja enter the trench and witness many sunken ships only to be sunk themselves by an Maaray Guard.
Nya and Maya have an argument with Kalmaar and later escape from the Temple of Wojira.
Nya and Maya attempt to run away from Ripper Sharks in the trench.
The Calm Before the Storm (flashback)
- 164. "The Tooth of Wojira"
- 166. "The Call of the Deep" (screen)
- 167. "Unsinkable"
- 168. "Five Thousand Fathoms Down"
- 169. "The Wrath of Kalmaar"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 172. "The Tale of Benthomaar" (flashback)
- 177. "The Calm Before the Storm" (flashback)
Behind the scenes
- In Greek myth, Tartarus was a location in the Underworld where individuals were eternally punished for committing sins against the gods.
- It is based on the Mariana Trench, the deepest trench in the Pacific Ocean.