|“Why did Borg give us the Techno Blades to protect? Why are they so important?"|
"Because together, they can reboot the system, wipe the master computer clean, and destroy the Overlord virus for good.”
|— Kai and P.I.X.A.L., "The Art of the Silent Fist"|
- 1 History
- 2 Functions
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Appearances
- 4.1 Sets
- 4.2 LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 4.2.1 Season 3: Rebooted
- 4.2.2 Season 6: Skybound
- 4.2.3 Day of the Departed
- 4.2.4 Happy Birthday to You!
- 4.2.5 Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu
- 4.2.6 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 4.2.7 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 4.2.8 Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 4.2.9 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 4.3 Video Games
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
At Borg Tower, Cyrus Borg gave the ninja a statue. In the elevator, when they accidentally dropped the statue, the Techno Blades were inside. When Kai picked them up, the alarm ran, calling the ninja assailants. Then the elevator quickly threw them down, but they managed to escape and put on their new suits. Unfortunately, they didn't know how to use the Techno Blades until Zane hacked a copter. Eventually, Jay hacked a rover, Cole hacked a robot, and Kai hacked a jet. There he got sent a message by Borg saying that once the Digital Overlord knows the Ninja have the Techno Blades, he won't let them leave the city.
When the Overlord explains that he needed more of Lloyd's power to be freed of his digital prison, a corrupted P.I.X.A.L. says he needed the Techno Blades to stop the Ninja from rebooting him, but the Overlord interrupts her.
At Garmadon's monastery, Zane says he will protect the blades. At night, though, P.I.X.A.L attempts to steal them, but Zane ties her up and brings her to the monastery. When Zane pulls out his Techno Blade, Garmadon tries to refuse him, but Jay says to him it only hacks into things. Zane hits P.I.X.A.L with his blade, thus she is no longer under the control of the Overlord.
The Ninja bring the Techno Blades to the Digiverse, and eventually, they attempt to reboot the system. Unfortunately, the Overlord blocks the reboot system, but with the help of a draining Lloyd, the Ninja turn to gold and reboot the system. It is unknown what happened to the Techno Blades after.
When dormant, the Techno Blades lack their distinctive heads and much of their power, being too dull to effectively cut most objects. However, their true power is revealed when in the proximity of a hackable machine; the Blades grow in size, and their blades become sharper and begin glowing. It is then that the Techno Blades truly work as weapons and hacking devices.
- Kai's Techno Blade is red and resembles a long axe. He used it to transform a jet into his Kai Fighter.
- Cole's Techno Blade is green and resembles a flail or a whip. He used it to transform a Security Mech into his Earth Mech.
- Zane's Techno Blade is blue (white in the TV series) and resembles a staff. He used it to transform a hover-copter into his NinjaCopter and turn P.I.X.A.L. good again.
- Jay's Techno Blade is yellow (blue in the TV series) and resembles a chainsaw blade. He used it to transform a Nindroid Tank into his Thunder Raider.
- Cryptor's Techno Blade is neon green and resembles a flail with the Yin Blade's handle. He used it to try to kill Zane in order to take his place amongst the living.
- In the Portuguese-translated shows, its name translates as "Techno Daggers."
- The LEGO versions of Kai's Techno Blade and Elemental Blade have identical hilts.
- Lloyd is the only Ninja who doesn't have a Techno Blade; according to the Hall of Villainy section on the Ninjago website, he claimed not to mind, but secretly wondered what he might have been able to create with one.
- The Techno Blades disappear from the series after "Enter the Digiverse," possibly because they fulfilled their purpose in "defeating" the Digital Overlord.
- Sinestro from LEGO Superheroes: DC Comics has a Techno Blade similar to Zane's in his minifigure form, except it is transparent yellow.
- Cole's Techno Blade is the only one available in only one set; however, that set is 70720 Hover Hunter, which is the smallest set of the Rebooted wave, making it fairly cheap and easy to get.
- Although Cryptor's Techno Blade was made with the energy and spirit of one of the four originals, it's unknown which one was used to create it.
- It may be Cole's Blade, due to both blades appearing similar to each other.