|“I'm revising my opinion. Samurai X is the worst!”|
|— The Mechanic, Ultra Violet, and Fugi-Dove, after being arrested by Samurai X|
|"The Absolute Worst"|
|Season 11, Episode 19|
|Air date|| September 7, 2019 (Malaysia)|
September 23, 2019 (Australia)
October 11, 2019 (Canada)
|Written by|| Kevin Burke|
"An Unlikely Ally"
The Absolute Worst is the nineteenth episode of the eleventh season, and 117th overall of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. It aired in Malaysia on September 7, 2019. The US release date is unknown.
Back in Ninjago City, three criminals learn of the ninja's absence and stage a breakout of Kryptarium Prison, telling tall tales of how they were captured as they go.
At Kryptarium Prison, two officers are reading the newspaper and specifically a conspiracy theory about the Ninjas' whereabouts. Before they could speak, Noble tells the officers to be quiet on duty or else the prisoners would know the Ninja are missing.
Suddenly, the newspaper flies into the air and finds itself in the hands of The Mechanic. When he reads the article concerning the missing Ninja, he shows the page to Ultra Violet. They then plan to break out of Kryptarium Prison at night.
When the lights go off, The Mechanic makes his move by removing his prosthetic arm in order to steal the guard's key. He is able to free himself plus Ultra Violet and they escape using a dug tunnel.
They reach the sewer where they begin to argue who's the worst Ninja to face. Ultra Violet says it's Zane, while The Mechanic argues that it's Nya. While debating, Fugi-Dove interrupts them saying Jay is the worst. They are initially confused who Fugi-Dove is despite giving his background information.
Ultra Violet continues to make her point that Zane is the worst Ninja. During a battle when she had Lloyd and Nya surrounded before they got on their knees to beg, until Zane distracts her by shooting rockets at her. She dodges the blows and scrambles up a building to fight Zane. A duel ensues until Zane transforms himself into a upgraded machine that freezes her.
After Ultra Violet speaks about Zane, The Mechanic argues Nya is the worst Ninja. The Mechanic used his Noodle Truck of Crime in order to rob a jewelry store. When he is finished stealing, he spots Nya in the horizon and uses the weapon on his truck, but Nya avoids them all and stands on top of the hood. She then grabs him from his seat before he fights back and runs away with the cash. However, he wasn't fast enough when Nya used her Elemental Powers to defeat him and steals his noodle truck.
After The Mechanic speaks about Nya, Fugi-Dove argues Jay is the worst Ninja. When Fugi-Dove soars into the sky after robbing the Ninjago City Bank, he is confronted by Cole, Kai, and Lloyd, who were on hanggliders, but defeats them easily. Nevertheless, Jay comes out of nowhere and defeats Fugi-Dove by electrocuting him.
Eventually, they are able to get out of the sewer, but their 15 seconds of freedom were interrupted by P.I.X.A.L. when she catches them once again and puts them back in Kryptarium Prison. This leads to the three of them agreeing that Samurai X is the worst.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Fugi-Dove - Adrian Petriw
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Noble - Paul Dobson
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Ultra Violet - Sharon Alexander
- The Mechanic - Alan Marriott
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Narrator: P.I.X.A.L.
- In Malaysia, It was originally going to be released on August 31, 2019, but was removed for news about Hari Merdeka.
- Images from this episode were shown at SDCC 2019.
- At one point when they are escaping, a skeleton can be seen dabbing in the background. This may be a reference to the dab being "dead."
- Despite being in the Ice Chapter, the title card for this episode is in the style of the Fire Chapter episodes.
- Killow, Soto, and a few Skulkin also appear in this episode but do not speak.
- Harumi makes a brief cameo as a silhouette during Ultra Violet's story.
- This is the second episode where none of the Ninja make a physical appearance, the first being "The News Never Sleeps."
- It was originally titled "Worst of All."
- This marks the debut of the anime versions of Ultra Violet, Lloyd, Nya, Zane, The Mechanic, the Fugi-Dove, Cole, Kai, and Jay.
- It is revealed that Ultra Violet hates Zane the most, The Mechanic hates Nya the most, and Fugi-Dove hates Jay the most out of the Ninja.
- Eventually, they all agree Samurai X is the worst.
- The hiding the escape tunnel behind a poster trick used in Ultra Violet's cell is similar to how Andy Dufresne hid his before eventually escaping through it in Shawshank Redemption.
- The book that the Mechanic picked up is Boobytraps and How to Survive Them by Clutch Powers.
- When Ultra Violet tells her story about how Zane is the worst Ninja, she was referring to the episode, "Green Destiny," as she mentioned that she and the Sons of Garmadon were fighting Nya and Lloyd until Zane came in a jet and froze her.
- The anime scenes depicts Kai, Jay, Zane, and Lloyd having sleeveless gis.
- In the beginning of "Green Destiny," where Ultra Violet's made up story supposedly takes place in, Dareth is with Lloyd and Nya when the Sons of Garmadon are attacking them, however, he is nowhere to be seen in UV's story
- Also, despite Harumi being deceased at the time of the episode and Killow being presumably still trapped in cars as seen in "Saving Faith," they both appear as silhouettes in this episode.
- However, it's possible Ultra Violet simply didn't knew that Harumi died and Killow was incapacitated when she was attacking Lloyd's group with the SoG, or she just didn't noticed that they weren't with the bikers and thought they were there
- Lloyd, Zane and Nya are wearing their season 11 gis in Ultra Violet's story, despite the fact that her story supposedly takes place in the last episode of Season 9, when they are wearing their Resistance gis.