|“If one of us were to be ingested, we might be able to retrieve the device.”|
|"The Belly of The Beast"|
|Season 11, Episode 4|
|Air date|| June 29, 2019 (US)|
July 29, 2019 (Australia)
August 17, 2019 (Canada)
|Written by||Bragi Schut|
|Directed by||Wade Cross|
"A Rocky Start"
"Boobytraps and How to Survive Them"
The Belly of The Beast is the fourth episode of the eleventh season, and 102nd overall of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. It aired on June 29, 2019 in the United States. It is paired up with "A Rocky Start."
Back on the rock, the Ninja are trapped and cannot escape. To make matters worse, Zane realizes they are missing a main component that is needed to drive the Land Bounty. While the Ninja tried to come up with a plan, Jay began to complain thinking the situation is hopeless and starts to kick some rocks down a slope. What Jay doesn't know is he's walking straight into Beohernie, who is buried beneath the sand. Jay is almost devoured by Beohernie, but the rest of the Ninja are able to save him.
During the evening, Zane talks about Beohernie having a slow digestion and suggests someone should purposely get eaten by Beohernie and retrieve the component. Cole, Jay, and Nya think the plan is ridiculous, but Lloyd believed it was the only way to retrieve the component. After arguing who should go, they finally decide to do rock-paper-scissors. In the end, Zane wins.
The next day, Zane sets out onto the sand and made some noise which is when Beohernie rose from the sand and consumed Zane. Inside Beohernie, Zane survived and has another dream of Aspheera and Boreal. When he waked up, Zane finds himself in the belly of the beast; surrounded by acid that can kill a person. He is able to find the component and contacts the Ninja to pull him out.
Back on the surface, the Ninja begin pulling Zane out using the string that was attached to Zane; however, Beohernie shows resistance by pulling onto Cole's Dirt Bike. The force by Beohernie causes Cole to fall out of his vehicle and onto the sand where two more bugs begin to attack, but they are repelled by the Ninja. Eventually, Kai shot fireballs at Beohernie's belly which allowed Zane to escape the belly of the beast.
With the component recovered, the Ninja was to escape the rock and outrun the other scarab beetles to their next destination, the Ancient Pyramid.
- Aspheera - Pauline Newstone
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Narrator: Zane
- As Zane is freed from the stomach of Beohernie, it spits out the Teapot of Tyrahn.
- This is the first episode of the series where Zane narrates the title card, though he also narrated the Ninjago: Decoded title cards.
- Using the Ninjago Alphabet, the first word Jay carved was "Ninja."
- When the Ninja played Rock-paper-scissors to decide who gets to go inside Beohernie is a reference to "The Stone Army," where the loser has to clean up the Ultra Dragon's mess and having similar "Settle this like adults" and "Paper beats rock" lines. Though, it was called Rock, Paper, Clamp instead.