|“I came to warn you! Kalmaar has awoken Wojira!”|
|— Glutinous to the ninja|
|"The Calm Before the Storm"|
|Season Seabound, Episode 13|
|Air date||April 29, 2021 (UK)|
May 16, 2021 (Canada)
|Written by||Bragi Schut|
|Directed by||Shane Poettcker|
"Master of the Sea"
"Assault on Ninjago City"
Extended: The doomsday serpent Wojira emerges from the sea ridden by Kalmaar himself and nearly capsizes a small fishing trawler in the process - in Ninjago City, Glutinous emerges from the water with a dire warning for the ninjas, revealing that Kalmaar has awakened Wojira and that they're on their way to the city! As the citizens of Ninjago scramble to leave the city, Wojira and Kalmaar arrive..
In the Endless Sea, people in a ship are in trouble as a powerful storm happens. The captain calls the Coast Guard on land and tells him about their situation, as it is happening, Wojira comes out of the sea with Kalmaar on her head, they head towards Ninjago to destroy it. As soon as Wojira dives back into sea, the storm calm down. At Ninjago City, the Coast Guard is fishing and sleeping until he is woken up by a tug, which was caused by Glutinous, he tells the policeman that he needs to speak to the ninja. Jay starts walking into Benny's Arcade Emporium. Where he sees Prime Empire and talks to the paperboys about his adventure into the game. He is called over by Nya, who is playing Dancy Pants. They play the game and Nya creates the move called “Electric Jaya”. They play the game until it breaks to which Wu calls them for emergency.
They are at the Ninjago City Police Station to talk to Glutinous. The scientist warns them that Kalmaar and Wojira are coming to Ninjago and that the amulet given to them was a fake. Wu sends out everyone and tells them to prepare for the worse, he calls P.I.X.A.L. and asks if the submersible combat crafts have can be repaired in time. A warning is passed to all of Ninjago but the warning may be too late as violent storms start appearing in Ninjago, scaring all in Ninjago City. Gayle Gossip records the current events as the water levels rise and the wind blows anything in its path. Wojira rises from the sea, ready to destroy Ninjago. Gayle and Vinny hop on their helicopter to escape from Wojira and the rising water.
- Automated Computer Voice - Kelly Metzger
- Benthomaar - Cole Howard
- Coast Guard - Michael Adamthwaite
- Captain - Brian Drummond
- Gamer 2 - Cole Howard
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- Glutinous - Sam Vincent
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Kalmaar - Giles Panton
- Leroy - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Police Commissioner - Michael Donovan
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Prime Empire (pixelated)
- Endless Sea
- Narrator: Wu
- The title is based on the common phrase, "the calm before the storm," meaning "a period of quiet that comes before a time of activity or violence."
- Jay and Nya dance in the arcade, continuing their dancing hobby from "Let's Dance" and "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back."
- Nya named her dance the "Electric Jaya", by fusing her name with Jay's. In real life, "Jaya" is used by fans as the name of the couple's relationship.
- This is the first episode that is not a season premiere to not feature an opening sequence.
- One of the characters in the arcade wears a hat featuring a red maple leaf resembling the one on the Canadian Flag. This is likely a reference to WildBrain being based in Vancouver.
- This episode takes place two days after "Master of the Sea," as Glutinous says Kalmaar woke Wojira two days ago.
- This marks the first appearance of Gayle Gossip, Vinny, and Okino since "Game Over."
- Jay makes reference to the League of Jay, and his title of "Superstar Rockin' Jay".
- The boat that was featured in "The Call of the Deep" makes a reappearance in this episode.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.