|“Oh, all right. Let's go, surface dwellers. If you'd like to hear of the Curse of the Golden Master, follow me.”|
|— Skales to the ninja|
|"The Curse of the Golden Master"|
|Season 3, Episode 4|
|Air date||April 16th, 2014 (US)|
|Written by||Dan & Kevin Hageman|
|Directed by||Trylle Vilstrup|
"Enter the Digiverse"
The Curse of the Golden Master is the fourth episode of the third season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, and is the 30th episode overall. It first premiered on April 16, 2014, in the United States on Cartoon Network.
The ninja journey under Ninjago City to meet up with the Serpentine, believing that they stole the hard drive containing the Digital Overlord. Not only do they find that they didn't steal it, but that they've also become a civilized race as well. Eventually, an army of Nindroids attacks the Serpentine, with the ninja battling them and protecting their former enemies. In the meantime, Lloyd and his father encounter an army of Nindroids and the corrupted Sensei Wu in Hiroshi's Labyrinth. While Garmadon battles his brother, Lloyd tries making his escape but is cornered by the Nindroid Mechdragon, with Wu holding up Garmadon on board. As he summons his power to combat it, he is captured by the Stranger, who reveals himself to be Pythor, having survived being eaten by the Devourer now has his skin bleached white. Lloyd is taken aboard the Mechdragon and flown off after his father is thrown off the dragon and into the sea below.
The ninja and Nya return to New Ninjago City, where they find a mob of angry civilians and Cyrus Borg, who is no longer influenced by the Overlord. The ninja agree to go underground to search for the Serpentine, believing that they stole the hard drive containing the Overlord, while P.I.X.A.L. stays behind to assist Cyrus. Meanwhile, the Stranger discusses his plans with the Digital Overlord to obtain a power source for the Nindroids, while Lloyd and Master Garmadon make their way through Hiroshi's Labyrinth to stay hidden.
The ninja and Nya search underground for the Serpentine, eventually running into Skales outside of the Stone Army Tomb. Skales brings them inside and tells them how they have decided to adapt to a new life and become more "civilized," choosing not to become involved with any of the Overlord's plans, or involved with the wold above as a whole. Acidicus then tells the group about the "Curse of the Golden Master," a legend telling of a being whose power will equal that of the First Spinjitzu Master. The Serpentine attempted to warn people of this but were treated as the enemy, to which they fled underground. In the meantime, Cyrus Borg meets with P.I.X.A.L. in his office, with P.I.X.A.L. telling Cyrus of her connection with Zane. Cyrus tells her that she doesn't belong to anyone, not even him and that she is fully independent.
Dareth also acts as the substitute teacher for Master Wu's students, as they go to the city's aquarium. There, while viewing the Electrocobrai exhibit, the Stranger arrives and shatters the tank. He obtains the Electrocobrai while Dareth fends off a shark, saving the students.
Underground, the ninja contemplates the situation until an army of Nindroids raids the tomb. The Serpentine scatter with the ninja defending them and defeating the Nindroids by finding out that the Electrocobrais are their power source. Skales tells them at the Curse of the Golden Master is upon them, and says that they would not be able to assist the ninja because they're choosing to stay out of the conflict. Skales then tells them the one Serpentine fond of using Electrocobrai. The ninja then return to the surface.
As Lloyd and Master Garmadon continue their journey, they're attacked by the corrupted Master Wu and various Nindroids. Garmadon battles Wu, while Lloyd uses his Golden Power to create a motorcycle to escape. He is pursued by various Nindroids using flight gear, although he manages to evade them all before coming to a stop next to a cliff. There, the Nindroid MechDragon rises up before him, possessed by the Overlord. Wu is holding Garmadon hostage on its back. Lloyd prepares to battle the Mechdragon, but the Stranger unleashes a snake that constricts Lloyd, draining him of his powers.
The Stranger then reveals himself to be Pythor P. Chumsworth, having survived his ordeal with the Great Devourer, although his skin was bleached white in the process while Wu made it out unharmed. Pythor brings Lloyd aboard the Mechdragon, after which Garmadon is pushed off the side and into the water. As the Mechdragon flies off with Lloyd, Garmadon emerges from the water, telling his son to be strong, and that he would find him.
- Acidicus - Paul Dobson
- Aquarium Guard - Kirby Morrow
- Aquarium Host - Alan Marriott
- Brad Tudabone - Kathleen Barr
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Cryptor - Richard Newman
- Cyrus Borg - Lee Tockar
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Fangtom - Scott McNeil
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Hypnobrai - Brent Miller
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Postman - Michael Adamthwaite
- Pythor P. Chumsworth - Michael Dobson
- Sally - Jillian Michaels
- Savage Resident - Brent Miller
- Selma - Jillian Michaels
- Serpentine - Vincent Tong
- Skales - Ian James Corlett
- Skales Jr. - Alyssya Swales
- Student - Lee Tockar
- The Overlord - Scott McNeil
- Venomari - Michael Adamthwaite
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- During the prophecy of the Golden Master, the symbol of the Overlord can be seen on the Golden Master's chest. This foreshadows the Overlord becoming the Golden Master.
- Not counting his disguised appearance in the the previous episode, this episode marks the reappearance of Pythor since his defeat after being eaten by the Great Devourer at the beginning of "Day of the Great Devourer."
- The Curse of the Golden Master is the second prophecy that the ninja learn about.
- It is also revealed through this prophecy that the Serpentine desired to protect the people from the Golden Master and that it was the people's fear of them that led to the Serpentine War. This misunderstanding is later expanded upon to be the result of misinformation from Master Chen to stir up conflict.
- This episode follows the same naming scheme, "The [Noun] of the [Adjective] [Noun]", as "The Art of the Silent Fist" two episodes prior.
- When the ninja start to enter the Stone Army Tomb, they have gloves on. However, in one scene of the ninja descending they lack their gloves.
- When Nya laughs after saving Jay, her mouth doesn't move.
For the gallery of this episode, click here.