|“Whatever is on this island, it won't stop us from finding my mom and Master Wu.”|
|— Lloyd in "The Keepers of the Amulet"|
The Island is preceded by Season 13 and succeeded by Seabound. It aired in March 2021, the same year as the series' 10th anniversary. There is no focus character but Lloyd is the mascot character, Ronin served as the main antagonist, and the Keepers and Ronin's criminal group serve as the villainous factions.
The first teaser was released on February 5, 2021, on YouTube while the official trailer was released on February 12, 2021.
Despite being labeled as a season by LEGO's YouTube channel, Bragi Schut implied these four episodes do not make up a season on their own, while Tommy Andreasen referred to it as "a 44 minute episode,"  though mostly he doesn't care and says it's up to the viewer. Meanwhile, the soundtrack for the installment refers to it as "NJS13," suggesting it as the thirteenth season, while at least one TV site lists it as Season 14. Netflix claims that The Island is the first part of Seabound.
Teaser: An expedition led by Misako, Master Wu, and Clutch Powers has gone missing! With so much at stake, the ninja embark on a rescue mission to a mysterious and uncharted island full of surprises.
Trailer: An expedition led by Misako, Master Wu, and Clutch Powers has gone missing! With so much at stake, the ninja embark on a rescue mission to a mysterious and uncharted island.
A piece of land which has never been mapped due to strange never-ending electrical storms. The ninja track down the only survivor and convince him to be their guide.
On board the Destiny’s Bounty, they head straight for the island! Prepared to enter a world of storms, monsters, doom, and much much more!
- Cecil Putnam - Paul Dobson
- Clutch Powers - Ian James Corlett
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dwayne - Sam Vincent
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Mammatus - Paul Dobson
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- PoulErik - Brian Drummond, Vincent Tong
- Ronin - Brian Dobson
- Henchman #1 - Sam Vincent
- Henchman #2 - Brent Miller
- Twitchy Tim - Brian Drummond
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Zippy - Brian Drummond
|Season Ep #||Series Ep #||Image||Episode name||Airdate|
|1||161||"Uncharted"||March 7, 2021 (Canada)|
|2||162||"The Keepers of the Amulet"||March 7, 2021 (Canada)|
|3||163||"The Gift of Jay"||March 14, 2021 (Canada)|
|4||164||"The Tooth of Wojira"||March 14, 2021 (Canada)|
- 71745 Lloyd's Jungle Chopper Bike
- 71746 Jungle Dragon
- 71747 The Keepers' Village
- 71748 Catamaran Sea Battle
The Trivia on The Island needs to be organized.
- Tommy Andreasen stated that "It was fun making a small, contained Ninjago story" and that The Island was inspired by the setting of King Kong films, the structure of Scooby-Doo, and the story idea of "The Monster of the Misty Lake" (from the Dutch comic series, Douwe Dabbert). A scene from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest was also likely an inspiration.
- The structural similarities with Scooby-Doo are as follows: a character or group is shown in the first scene to be attacked by a mysterious villainous force; the next scene has the main cast getting the call to adventure; eventually, it's revealed the monster was a costume or machine set up by an ordinary human who was hinted at earlier in the story in order to gain something they want. In the finale, Ronin even says a version of the well-known line from Scooby-Doo, "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids."
- Zippy's movement is very similar to that of Scooby-Doo himself.
- When previously asked if The Island would be a sixteen-episode season, Tommy Andreasen said, "We can only hammer in the nails we're given." This implies the length of The Island was due to budgetary constraints or similar issues.
- On February 14, 2020, Bragi Schut stated he was writing an episode, and on February 19, 2020, he was said to be "finishing off the last few scripts of the season." The standard production time of a Ninjago episode (9-10 months after the completion of its final script) would suggest this to be referring to an installment releasing in the first half of 2021.
- The season is sometimes referred to as "Season 3" by LEGO. This is because Ninjago is considered a new show by some sources starting with Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, and Prime Empire and Master of the Mountain were sold to distributors as one season, which makes "The Island" (possibly in combination with Seabound) the third "official" season of this new series.
- There are two upcoming books that tie-in to this story's events, titled The Uncharted Island and Rescue Mission.
- Although Kirby Morrow unexpectedly passed away on November 18, 2020, he recorded Cole's lines for this season prior to his death. LEGO announced that the 2021 episodes will be dedicated in honor of him, which was confirmed at the beginning of the credits of "The Tooth of Wojira."
- Its set wave has the least amount of sets of any wave, with only four.
- It is the first WildBrain installment in which all the ninja appear in all of the episodes.
- The poster for this season was released prematurely. Nya, Jay, Lloyd, Kai, and Zane's lips appeared to be 3D and Nya and Zane's eyes also appeared to be slightly 3D on the unfinished poster. Lloyd was also missing his sword. The final poster was released on February 12, 2021.
- This is the second Ninjago story in which Misako goes missing on an island and the ninja go to find her, the first being the Dark Island Trilogy.
- It is titled "The Unknown Island" in France.
- When asked if The Island is a season, a special, or something else, Andreasen stated, "I don't care. To me it's 'The Island'. People and LEGO can refer to it as they please. I stopped thinking about them as specific seasons after Hunted."
- The Island is the first WildBrain installment where the Teapot of Tyrahn does not appear or is not even mentioned.
- It was first seen in Season 11 inside the belly of Beohernie in the episode "The Belly of the Beast."
- In Season 12, Clutch Powers is seen holding it in the season premiere "Would You Like to Enter Prime Empire?"
- In Season 13, Lloyd asks whether or not the teapot has been located in the season premiere "Shintaro."
- This is one of few installments in which the Bounty is not completely destroyed nor damaged in any capacity, with the others being Tournament of Elements, Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu and Prime Empire.
- Ronin's return here marks the continuation of older side characters making their debut in the WildBrain era after not being seen or several seasons, including:
- Skales' return in "Ancient History," who had not physically appeared since "Secrets Discovered."
- Cyrus Borg's return in "Level Thirteen," who had not physically appeared since "Endings" and had not had a speaking role since "Lost in Time."
- Misako and the Postman's return in "Shintaro" after neither had appeared since "Endings."
- Ronin's return here marks his first physical appearance since "Endings," and his first speaking role since "Green Destiny."
- It also features the return of several WildBrain era characters introduced in Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, including:
- The ninja continue to use their suits introduced in "Wasted True Potential," as confirmed by Tommy Andreasen.
- The events of The Island are confirmed to take place one month after the events of "Level Thirteen."
- Cecil Putnam states that he had "not heard from Misako in weeks" as she left for her expedition, implying that her and Wu left for the expedition very shortly after the events of Master of the Mountain."
- Mammatus and the Keepers are the first antagonistic force to redeem themselves and ally with the ninja since the Dragon Hunters in Hunted.
- Fugi-Dove is confirmed to have been captured by Ronin in the first episode, yet is not seen in the finale with the other inmates.
- Cole's Rock Cycle can be seen in the Hangar Bay, marking its first appearance since "Would You Like to Enter Prime Empire?"
- This marks one of the very few occasions of a ninjas' vehicle appearing in multiple installments.
- This is the first installment since Season 10 not to have the Weekend Whip featured in the intro.
- This is the first WildBrain installment where Harumi is not mentioned.
- This is the first installment of the main series where Garmadon does not appear in any way, not even on the Monastery Mural.
- Although the English dub of the first two episodes premiered in Canada first, the other two were actually released in Taiwan two days before the Canadian premiere. This is because Taiwan aired all four episodes at once on a Friday, while Canada split the episodes into two parts and aired them on Sundays.
- Amount of times a different character reads a title card:
- According to Tommy Andreasen:
- When someone asked if they should be worried about Jay in Season 14, he replied, "Next year? Yes… yes you should!".
- The opening shot of 2021's Ninjago is the "most beautiful Ninjago render" that he has ever seen, as of July 2020.
- "There's gonna be some really big and new deep-cut lore things revealed in 2021."
- Ninjago will be at its peak in the future.
- He replied "Did you spot the fish?" when someone posted a before, after showing the torches still lit.
- There are some "amazing" side characters coming up.
- Fans should remember to stay positive when seeing the 2021 first half installment.
- The trailer was completed in early September of 2020.
- Soundtrack titles from The Island are: Chop Chop!, Statuebro Terror, Uncharted, The Club Will Prevail, The Storm Belt, Twitchy Tim, Storms Monsters Doom, Leaded or Unleaded, Breaking Waves, Into the Fog, Catamaran Hand-Stand, Blue Sandy Beaches, Air Mail, They're Alive, Jungle Choppers Ride Out !, Island End Credits, Main Title, Poisonous Birds, How to Train Your Zippy, Statuebros, Rope-Bridges Always Break, A Shocking Entrance, The Keepers Arrive, Not My Style, Twitchy's Rule, Keepers of the Amulet, One With the Storm, Island Main Titles, All But One, Prison Reunion, Rambo Lloyd, Precious Little Gift, Game of Fetch, Gift of Jay, Wojira End Credits, Final Sacrifice, Wojira's Meal, It's a Con, All was Peaceful, Paying off Wojira, Cost Jay Everything, To Rescue a Friend, and Keeper's Brothers.
- The title How to Train Your Zippy refers to the movie trilogy How to Train Your Dragon, as well as the title of the Hunted episode, "How to Build a Dragon."
- The title Rambo Lloyd refers to the movie series Rambo.
- Uncharted, Keepers of the Amulet and Gift of Jay are also the titles of the three episodes of The Island.
- There is a running gag where Lloyd forgets to acknowledge Clutch Powers, in "The Keepers of the Amulet" and "The Tooth of Wojira."
- There is no specific focus character for this season.
- Lloyd is the mascot character of the season. His determination to find his mother and Master Wu is a driving force behind the season.
- Jay is a secondary protagonist in the season, especially towards the second half.
- He is declared as a "gift" in Episode 163, which resulted in the Keepers sacrificing him to the false Wojira.
- In Episode 164, he fights some of the Kryptarium inmates and is rescued by the rest of the ninja.
- Nya has a small role in Episode 164 where she realizes that Clutch Powers stole the Amulet and electrocutes him afterwards.
- Kai, Cole, and Zane have minor roles in this season.
- Wu had a smaller role this season than others and served with Misako as a motive for the ninja to go to the Island of the Keepers.
- P.I.X.A.L. had a very small role, although in Episode 161 she had a dialogue with Lloyd and helped the ninja get to the island.
- Ronin served as the main antagonist of this season.
- Mammatus served as the secondary antagonist of this season. He reformed in Episode 164 after discovering Ronin's monster was not the real Wojira.
- Other important antagonists include PoulErik and the Stone Golems.
- The Keepers (until Episode 164) and Ronin's criminal group served as the villainous factions of this season.
- Clutch Powers is an unintentional antagonist as his repeated attempts to steal the Storm Amulet for himself end up causing more problems for the ninja.